E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Eibach R2's review (pre-lci e90)

10-15-2011, 11:00 PM   #1
2jzbmw
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: e90

Eibach R2's review (pre-lci e90)

Hey all!,

So Gavin at MMW hooked me up with a set of Eibach R2's for the front and rear, backed up with H&R sways. I have only had them in for about 2 months now but really happy with them!

I have had alot of different coilover set-ups over the years and at this stage the Eibach's are up there with the best in terms of adjustability. I was really impressed with how they went from one extreme to the next! they have a reasonably soft spring rate backed up with aggressive individual compression & rebound adjustment for both the front and rear.

I found the rear quite soft at a weak setting but a series of adjustments between compression and rebound and the back feels like a go-cart. The front however was quite aggressive even at a mild setting and it just gets firmer from there(running SPC camber tops in front).

The independent adjustment of compression and rebound gives the ability to be able to really change the cars characteristics in many ways, it is unbelievable how you can now throw the car into corners. For the guys that like it low I found the system slammed the car but for me i would have liked another 1/2-1inch more height adjustment in the rear (haven't got any decent pics of ride height yet but will post them up when I do).

Adjustment on the front is done like most coilovers (at the top of the strut) + also in the engine bay(or where ever you choose to mount them) with the remote resivoirs. Adjustment on the rear can also be adjusted at the remote resiviors (which I mounted just behind the diff, see pics...) or by jacking the rear up and adjusting at the top of the strut in the wheel gaurd (no need to remove the wheel)

Overall the R2's are definatley a race bread suspension which is streatable, however it is on the aggressive side and may not suit everybody, I on the other hand are genuinely happy with quality and ride of the Eibachs.

If there is anything Q's or something I have missed flick me a pm and I will try and help out best I can!

SORRY FOR THE REALLY BIG DIRTY SH@T PICS!! (will post better ones later)
Attached Images

Last edited by 2jzbmw; 10-15-2011 at 11:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 10:06 AM   #2
tr3flip
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | E91 | Acura TSX

Awesome! Have you been out on track with them yet?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 07:22 PM   #3
2jzbmw
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr3flip View Post
Car still carry's the 320i 4 cylinder so haven't tracked it yet but got a engine swap on the cards so will see plenty of track work then!

I have however pushed the car very hard on quite streets etc.. and cant believe how it reacts on entry, mid and exit at high speeds in a corner.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 12:01 PM   #4
imageautodetail
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 335 silverback

Garage List
2008 335 e90  [0.00]
2007 e90 335  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tr3flip View Post
the dirt track...lol
      10-18-2011, 07:32 PM   #5
2jzbmw
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by imageautodetail View Post
the dirt track...lol
lol the gear was only 2 weeks old, went to an event that got rained out as a result the eibachs looked like they have been dragged through mud All clen now though
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 03:03 PM   #6
Gavin@MMW
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: MMW Supercharged E90 328i

Wow those look sweet with the mounting in the back
Appreciate 0