E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > *PSA* Wrap Your Sh** Up!

08-30-2018, 09:30 AM   #67
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
$565 every month could absolutely break a lot of people. Not to mention there is the several hundred dollar, or more, monthly premium you pay to have insurance...!
$565 a month is not gonna break anyone at an income level that would prevent any assistance. If it does, then they are living above their means and I don't have pity.

Our house hold income is in the 6 figures, and even I qualify for a reduction in cost if I wasn't on health insurance.

Luckily, my employer pays 100% of health and dental insurance for all employees and families, so no premiums for me. My previous employer didn't, but even then - my premium for the whole family was only about $385 a month.

Quote:

The system is broken!
I won't argue here, there are a ton of things that need to be done to correct our health care system, but excluding a few exceptions, it isn't going to bankrupt anyone who has been financially responsible during their lifetime.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2018, 09:34 AM   #68
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

This thread went downhill quick.
Appreciate 2
Run Silent15127.00
MKSixer34184.50
      08-30-2018, 09:38 AM   #69
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I try
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
MKSixer34184.50
      08-30-2018, 09:48 AM   #70
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post
I try
UncleWede This is patently unfair. usshelena725 the FNG comes here and can post all kinds of medical stuff and I, who tirelessly works in the field, get castigated and maligned for posting anything medical or that included dromedaries. This is some real BS.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      08-30-2018, 09:51 AM   #71
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
UncleWede This is patently unfair. usshelena725 the FNG comes here and can post all kinds of medical stuff and I, who tirelessly works in the field, get castigated and maligned for posting anything medical or that included dromedaries. This is some real BS.
It's revenge for all the prancercise.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13154.00
MKSixer34184.50
UncleWede17979.50
      08-30-2018, 09:52 AM   #72
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

You're good man. Hate to hear that about your eye, I really do. I also understand and appreciate your perspective on things happen and you just have to deal with it.

As for my take/experience on the medical system. I make a decent living where I live, median income is around $26k and I'm well above this but nowhere near 6 figures. I pay for my insurance and the company helps with a little but it isn't much. We are also considered to have the second best insurance plan in this area. My house is paid off, my car is paid off yet I pay out the wazoo for child support, but only for a few more weeks. I needed surgery 2 years ago, even with insurance, I had to pay for the surgery upfront, then the medical office billed the insurance company. Even after paying for insurance, paying for the surgery upfront and missing time from work, I still received medical bills for the procedure after. I am in a much better situation financially than most in this area, try to live moderately, but even with no car or mortgage payment and living meekly, this procedure took me about year to recover from financially. Now it didn't cause me to be bankrupt, but it did make me live paycheck to paycheck for a year. My gripe is that I could not pay for insurance, save that money and pay cash for medical needs and still come out ahead.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2018, 09:57 AM   #73
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I had to pay for the surgery upfront, then the medical office billed the insurance company. Now it didn't cause me to be bankrupt, but it did make me live paycheck to paycheck for a year.
Yeah, that sucks and sorry to hear. I have honestly never heard of anyone requiring upfront payment for a medical procedure with someone who had normal health insurance.

Quote:
My gripe is that I could not pay for insurance, save that money and pay cash for medical needs and still come out ahead.

You could - until something big came up, like serious cancer or a heart attack. Then you are going to have bills in the six figure range, and be unable to pay for them.

Dave Ramsey has said it best many times, that you will normally never come out ahead with insurance. It is always a losing bet for the consumer, but it is still necessary to help mitigate risk.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2018, 09:59 AM   #74
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep
Drives: What he wants to

Quote:
I'll help get it back on track ... after I wish usshelena725 well with keeping their cancer under control

A little bit of Syph and VD to brighten this thread back up

Attached Images

King Rudi13154.00
      08-30-2018, 10:00 AM   #75
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, that sucks and sorry to hear. I have honestly never heard of anyone requiring upfront payment for a medical procedure with someone who had normal health insurance.

You could - until something big came up, like serious cancer or a heart attack. Then you are going to have bills in the six figure range, and be unable to pay for them.

Dave Ramsey has said it best many times, that you will normally never come out ahead with insurance. It is always a losing bet for the consumer, but it is still necessary to help mitigate risk.
Yeah, it was a first for me too. I was quite shocked. I've got BCBS this was the first time I've ever experienced anything like this. I agree completely on the latter statement. It's a necessary evil.
Appreciate 1
Run Silent15127.00
      08-30-2018, 10:02 AM   #76
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrickem View Post
I'll help get it back on track ... after I wish usshelena725 well with keeping their cancer under control

A little bit of Syph and VD to brighten this thread back up

Those links were terrible.

Reminds me of the VD video we all had to watch in boot camp. It was terrible. It was literally a 30 minute video showing a bunch of dudes' junk that was all mangled by STDs.

They were like - so yeah, when you pull into port - be sure to wrap it, otherwise this will be you.
Appreciate 1
wrickem2101.00
      08-30-2018, 10:09 AM   #77
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
You're good man. Hate to hear that about your eye, I really do. I also understand and appreciate your perspective on things happen and you just have to deal with it.

As for my take/experience on the medical system. I make a decent living where I live, median income is around $26k and I'm well above this but nowhere near 6 figures. I pay for my insurance and the company helps with a little but it isn't much. We are also considered to have the second best insurance plan in this area. My house is paid off, my car is paid off yet I pay out the wazoo for child support, but only for a few more weeks. I needed surgery 2 years ago, even with insurance, I had to pay for the surgery upfront, then the medical office billed the insurance company. Even after paying for insurance, paying for the surgery upfront and missing time from work, I still received medical bills for the procedure after. I am in a much better situation financially than most in this area, try to live moderately, but even with no car or mortgage payment and living meekly, this procedure took me about year to recover from financially. Now it didn't cause me to be bankrupt, but it did make me live paycheck to paycheck for a year. My gripe is that I could not pay for insurance, save that money and pay cash for medical needs and still come out ahead.
Quote:

On a more serious note, that is why the money is in Insurance. No matter what...they get paid. The relatively minimal losses so completely offset the gains that it's ridiculous. I recently had a real look behind the veil and was shocked at how the money flows and the layers upon layers of companies that are involved in putting together a plan. The game is rigged and they can't lose.

After 20+ years in pharma/biotech including working directly with insurance companies to the point that I was writing contracts for medication purchases, this was one of the biggest surprises in my entire career. Follow the money. Not a good thing.

usshelena725 , have your doctors considered any type of oncology-immunotherapy? Your current regimen is pretty rough and while a much better option than the past, oncology-immunotherapy is the future. I highly encourage you to check it out and if you need a place to start, let me know and I'll be happy to help.

Just like I am now. Witnesseth:

A great exercise from head to cameltoe. Amirite UncleWede and are0lies ?
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
BSM n54iS2684.50
      08-30-2018, 10:11 AM   #78
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

While I normally enjoy thread direction changes almost as much as I enjoy breathing, I do not agree with the current disgusting direction it is headed in.

Let's head away from pictures of STD's, cancer, geriatric cameltoes and head somewhere else....please?

How about the worst / funniest stuff that's happened to you from dating?
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34184.50
      08-30-2018, 10:11 AM   #79
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
The horror.

Appreciate 2
MKSixer34184.50
King Rudi13154.00
      08-30-2018, 10:13 AM   #80
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
While I normally enjoy thread direction changes almost as much as I enjoy breathing, I do not agree with the current disgusting direction it is headed in.

Let's head away from pictures of STD's, cancer, geriatric cameltoes and head somewhere else....please?

How about the worst / funniest stuff that's happened to you from dating?
Start a new thread, my friend!
Appreciate 1
Run Silent15127.00
      08-30-2018, 10:22 AM   #81
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
have your doctors considered any type of oncology-immunotherapy? Your current regimen is pretty rough and while a much better option than the past, oncology-immunotherapy is the future. I highly encourage you to check it out and if you need a place to start, let me know and I'll be happy to help.
I'll inquire the next time I have an appointment. I don't believe there is a path for my issue with respect to your statement, as it is assumed my issue is environmental related. The tumor is caused by abnormal retinal blood vessel growth (so not officially 'cancer', hence the use of Anti-VEGF chemo (Avastin) - which is being used in a similar method for those with Wet AMD.

Feel free to ping me privately if you want to discuss further.

Last edited by Run Silent; 09-10-2018 at 09:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2018, 11:37 AM   #82
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Quote:
$565 a month is not gonna break anyone at an income level that would prevent any assistance. If it does, then they are living above their means and I don't have pity.

Our house hold income is in the 6 figures, and even I qualify for a reduction in cost if I wasn't on health insurance.

Luckily, my employer pays 100% of health and dental insurance for all employees and families, so no premiums for me. My previous employer didn't, but even then - my premium for the whole family was only about $385 a month.

I won't argue here, there are a ton of things that need to be done to correct our health care system, but excluding a few exceptions, it isn't going to bankrupt anyone who has been financially responsible during their lifetime.

TN must be a nice place to live then. Not all states offer help to people that actually need it. We're obviously not talking about $565 breaking 6 figure income homes.

Also, most people do not have a 100% company paid program.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2018, 11:56 AM   #83
xander_g
Major
Rep
Drives: G30 M550i

Garage List
i think it's also the fact that a lot of chronically-single people are wrapped up in their careers. One of my coworkers is a single attractive smart lawyer who's into cars and guns and for some reason she's single. If she wasn't my friend, I'd be trying very hard.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2018, 11:57 AM   #84
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

She can be your friend hit that
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34184.50
      08-30-2018, 12:01 PM   #85
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
TN must be a nice place to live then. Not all states offer help to people that actually need it. We're obviously not talking about $565 breaking 6 figure income homes.

Also, most people do not have a 100% company paid program.

My insurance deductible is $3000, and I have the second best plan my company offers. I had to laugh last time I went to the doctor, there was a sign that office visits for people with no insurance were $99. Mine came to $150 for the same thing because I technically have insurance, even though I had to pay out of pocket since it was under my deductible. I told them that was ridiculous and finally walked out paying $99.

Appreciate 0
      08-30-2018, 12:17 PM   #86
BSM n54iS
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 335is | '16 Macan Turbo

Quote:
On a more serious note, that is why the money is in Insurance. No matter what...they get paid. The relatively minimal losses so completely offset the gains that it's ridiculous. I recently had a real look behind the veil and was shocked at how the money flows and the layers upon layers of companies that are involved in putting together a plan. The game is rigged and they can't lose.

After 20+ years in pharma/biotech including working directly with insurance companies to the point that I was writing contracts for medication purchases, this was one of the biggest surprises in my entire career. Follow the money. Not a good thing.

usshelena725 , have your doctors considered any type of oncology-immunotherapy? Your current regimen is pretty rough and while a much better option than the past, oncology-immunotherapy is the future. I highly encourage you to check it out and if you need a place to start, let me know and I'll be happy to help.

Just like I am now. Witnesseth:

I'd rather see your famous VD pics... It feels like I internally vomited watching this
GruppeM CF Intake | AR Resonated DP | ER CP | Turbosmart RacePort BOV | Cobb FMIC | RB Inlets | RB External Mishi/Turner OCC | Michelin PS4 | BMW Performance Springs/Bilstein B8 + Dinan & M3 bits | BMW Brembo BBK | BMW Performance CF Spoiler | BMW Performance CF Lip | BMW Performance Alcantara | PS Designs GTS Armrest | AG H6-40 | Rear Seat Delete
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34184.50
      08-30-2018, 12:20 PM   #87
F30_SixSpeed
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander_g View Post
i think it's also the fact that a lot of chronically-single people are wrapped up in their careers. One of my coworkers is a single attractive smart lawyer who's into cars and guns and for some reason she's single. If she wasn't my friend, I'd be trying very hard.
So what’s the problem? Lol
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2018, 12:27 PM   #88
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by F30_SixSpeed View Post
So what’s the problem? Lol
+1

Just make sure to wrap it as the thread suggests.

Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00