E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > FSTool Import Issues - 6F and 9C Only

05-04-2019, 02:19 PM   #1
mxchris727
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '03 M5, '06 325i, '12 M3

FSTool Import Issues - 6F and 9C Only

Hi Everyone!

I was successfully able to activate my CIC with FSTool and intel123's key! I currently have the navigation and voice recognition working perfectly. However, I cannot re-activate my satellite radio or BMW Apps. I paid for a lifetime Sirius subscription (non transferable) so I need to get this radio to work again.
I have attached a screenshot of me trying to import the cert and FSC; it won't load into the CIC. When I run a "get status" job, it can't find the original FSC on the machine. However, ISTA seems to be able to locate it. I have FSTool's parameters set to 63,6F,1. Is there a different address I should be using? The BMW Apps (9C) is doing the same thing.

Also, what is "2D" as seen in ISTA?

Thank you!
Attached Images

05-05-2019, 09:15 AM   #2
mxchris727
Captain
United_States
Rep

I was finally able to get FSTool to read the original 6F and 9C certs in the CIC - I had to update the carserver files to newer versions. I successfully imported 9C, and the BMW Apps are working! But, I still cannot import 6F. I have attached the "Get Status" screen, the old FSC is still installed. Is there an error reference code that I can look up in the car server?
Attached Images

05-06-2019, 08:19 PM   #3
mxchris727
Captain
United_States
Rep

Just to add some closure, it wound up being that I needed v2.2.0 of FSTool, all set now!
Attached Images

12-25-2019, 01:23 PM   #4
SaNGRia
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI E93 M3 + F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxchris727 View Post
Just to add some closure, it wound up being that I needed v2.2.0 of FSTool, all set now!
Hey there. I am in the same boat with you. I have successfully activated my Navi + Voice command but not the 6F + 9C .

I am running Java 1.5 with FS Tool V2.0.2.1 . I sent money to get a membership from the website called https://cartechnology.co.uk but it is probably going to take some time for them to send me the log in information.

I saw your post over there sharing the upgraded version of FSTool. Do you still have it? And what exactly you did to activate the 6F + 9C . Thank you

EDIT : I have succefully logged in to other website and got this carserver files but still cant find the fstool v2.2
https://cartechnology.co.uk/showthre...ghlight=fstool

I was able to activate the 9C somehow after installed FSC V2.18 on the side. And I couldnt put the certification right away, I had to click Activate Store first to do it. After that I was able to execute my certificate to 9C . But I still have a hard to time to activate my SAT.

, F85 ACC Retrofit

Last edited by SaNGRia; 12-25-2019 at 08:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2020, 06:11 PM   #5
crypticc
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 DCT + Comp

Hi - was this solved. Did v2.2.0 surface?

By the way I have completely vanilla / factory CIC and I even bought BMWApps FSC at one point for my VIN - but never succeeded in getting that installed / bricked my HU and then BMW reflashed/replaced. Chickened out second time around.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2020, 09:50 PM   #6
feuer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: wife crazy!

I have retrofitted CIC onto non I-Drive car and the voice recognition doesn’t work. Only certificate that wasn’t accepted was for Satellite radio. I have external Satellite module in the trunk that I have removed since CIC has it built in. Satellite radio works by the way. Any info on voice recognition would be appreciated. I’m working on the Combox now
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2021, 01:35 PM   #7
bmw-extreme
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e90

Hello guys. That's an old post, but I want to ask something. What's the difference between 'get status' commands in swt develop and swt functions options. Aren't both two for checking status of certs and fscs in the cic?
Appreciate 0