E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > MHD Flasher for N54 - general discussion

05-20-2019, 01:55 AM   #12013
studio54
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: n54 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkyardDogg View Post
What's the procedure for registering a new battery?

I just replaced my oem battery with a replacement. PLugged in MHD, and went to reset adaptations and then register battery. But I only got this screen that battery register has been reset. This doesn't mean it was registered right?
I believe that with MHD, you can reset only, that means that if you replace your battery with the same ah and type (agm, non agm) specs, a reset is what you need and is ok.

But if you replace your battery with another specs, you need to register it, and then you need INPA because you have to choose the new specs.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2019, 09:48 AM   #12014
JunkyardDogg
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 BSM 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by studio54 View Post
I believe that with MHD, you can reset only, that means that if you replace your battery with the same ah and type (agm, non agm) specs, a reset is what you need and is ok.

But if you replace your battery with another specs, you need to register it, and then you need INPA because you have to choose the new specs.
I see, well I got the same type of battery from advanced auto parts and its non-agm and 81ah. OEM is 80 ah. Should be fine I think.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2019, 01:12 PM   #12015
johnscales
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by type-dRew
It is more money, but for what it is, actually pretty cheap. Way less money than a jb4 and with actual tuning behind the map variation, not just more or less boost. Plus you were going to get a tune anyway, so it works out.
Have been looking around for installs and or how to's type-dRew because as with most things on my car I like to do myself where possible.
I can't find any info on setting up or how to's for the Flowguard FG-1 (or even users reviewing it), just the pic of the cylinder with lots of wires which is causing me to hang back despite really wanting it.
Would like to understand how user would go about getting 2 maps and the module being able to see/switch between them but haven't find anything yet.
I'm sure it will become more visible in time to come but would you be able to elaborate on it for the now?
Since my logs are looking ok I'm happy to up try upping my map to 102 (RON) along with my meth to grab some logs while I wait for more know how.

Ta

Last edited by johnscales; 05-20-2019 at 01:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2019, 02:06 PM   #12016
type-dRew
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnscales View Post
Have been looking around for installs and or how to's type-dRew because as with most things on my car I like to do myself where possible.
I can't find any info on setting up or how to's for the Flowguard FG-1 (or even users reviewing it), just the pic of the cylinder with lots of wires which is causing me to hang back despite really wanting it.
Would like to understand how user would go about getting 2 maps and the module being able to see/switch between them but haven't find anything yet.
I'm sure it will become more visible in time to come but would you be able to elaborate on it for the now?
Since my logs are looking ok I'm happy to up try upping my map to 102 (RON) along with my meth to grab some logs while I wait for more know how.

Ta
I linked you to it.

Its a pre order, it doesnt exist on the market yet. There wont be reviews because nobody has it yet. The website explains exactly what it does. It uses the 'flex fuel' map option as a map switching for meth flow.

Until it comes out, just use a higher octane map with your meth after you make sure its working right. Get with twisted tuning and let them know you want to order one and may as well let him tune your car also, since he will know his way around the flowguard also.
      05-20-2019, 06:06 PM   #12017
johnscales
Private First Class
Rep

Ah I see.
Good thing I ping'd TT a mail to see if I can get a remote tune done on my car on Face Book a couple of hours ago then
Have just got back in from logging on 102 RON. Haven't uploaded the data to DataZap yet but alls I can say is Jeeeeez. Completely missed the 6000 change up (possibly on both runs). I did not expect that at all. Tested that meth was definitely flowing first.
Will upload to the 'Look at my logs' thread in the morning. It's midnight now and I've got to get some shut eye (even though i'm buzzin')
Fingers crossed all is well under the hood.
Thanks for the support type-dRew.
Appreciate 1
type-dRew160.50

05-20-2019, 06:28 PM   #12018
johnscales
Private First Class
Rep

F********CK Kick down to second on all three runs. I was in M mode for each run. WTF. Looking like a clown now and will have to go again tomorrow.

https://datazap.me/u/johnscales/meth...0&data=3-14-23

I'll glean from it what I can. Not going to put it in the LAML thread though.
More like my own LMAO thread .
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 07:31 AM   #12019
type-dRew
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
F********CK Kick down to second on all three runs. I was in M mode for each run. WTF. Looking like a clown now and will have to go again tomorrow.

https://datazap.me/u/johnscales/meth...0&data=3-14-23

I'll glean from it what I can. Not going to put it in the LAML thread though.
More like my own LMAO thread .
Always disable kickdown in mhd, if you have a xhp tune, disable in that as well to be sure.

Not really a great log, lots of decently large corrections. Are you sure the meth is flowing? Intake temps hardly drop at all. If youre using a decent size nozzle id expect a fairly large dip a second or two into flow.

What mix of water/meth? What size nozzle?

I'd probably just run the 93 octane map until twisted can write you something custom or you sort out the meth kit.
      05-21-2019, 10:55 AM   #12020
johnscales
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by type-dRew View Post
Always disable kickdown in mhd, if you have a xhp tune, disable in that as well to be sure.

Not really a great log, lots of decently large corrections. Are you sure the meth is flowing? Intake temps hardly drop at all. If youre using a decent size nozzle id expect a fairly large dip a second or two into flow.

What mix of water/meth? What size nozzle?

I'd probably just run the 93 octane map until twisted can write you something custom or you sort out the meth kit.
Am running a DO12 nozzle. I was expecting a larger drop too tbh. I had monitor module set up on my tablet with MHD running and that was going to be my gauge. But I didn't see a major change.
I was pretty sure that the meth was flowing though because I did a few shorter pulls on 93 map before flashing to 98/102 to get the pump primed. At the end of one of the pulls my blow off (which is 'to air') sounded wet. Sorry, that's the only way I can describe it. Am used to the sound of the venting too air and it defo sounded like it was mixed with a liquid.
O'course I could be wrong but what I'll do just in case is flash back to 93, and put the nozzle through my bonnet up to the windscreen which was how I tested when I first installed it. Hopefully there won't be anyone passing by smoking a cigarette.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 11:37 AM   #12021
johnscales
Private First Class
Rep

Meth is flowing
Oh, mix is 50/50. Set to come on at around 10PSI.
I'll disable the kick down thru MHD and get a run a little later this evening.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 01:42 PM   #12022
type-dRew
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Meth is flowing
Oh, mix is 50/50. Set to come on at around 10PSI.
I'll disable the kick down thru MHD and get a run a little later this evening.
Good to confirm.

Do a log on 93 through a few full gears, id expect to see some temp drop.

If not, maybe a second smaller nozzle would be beneficial as well. Id send the logs to twisted after you get that started and see what he thinks.
      05-21-2019, 05:26 PM   #12023
johnscales
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by type-dRew View Post
Good to confirm.

Do a log on 93 through a few full gears, id expect to see some temp drop.

If not, maybe a second smaller nozzle would be beneficial as well. Id send the logs to twisted after you get that started and see what he thinks.
Logs taken. Posting them up on LAML thread.
Had a brief 'chat' with TT on FB earlier type-dRew. We'll be touching base again soon. Am debating whether to upgrade my turbos which will inevitably mean upgrading supporting mods first the more I think about it (LPFP, Injectors and anything else) or getting my OEM ones refurbished (900). If I go for the upgrade it'll likely be RB Twos (2000 w/oil lines and fitting kit) though this could change in time. There's an 1100 difference there as well as import duty also not withstanding the supporting mods which will definitely be needed right away if going the upgrade route so I am currently leaning towards the refurbished OEMS.
However, I am kinda willing to run my stockers 'as is' until they scream WE'RE DYING. which should give me a bit more time to decide.
Each time I think i'm happy with what I've got I keep looking at what's next within budget and then the budget gets bigger.
Most of the fun is getting to the next stage. The rest is p***ing away from people who drive up my behind really quick. It happened twice this evening for example but for the first time in recent memory when I put my foot down they just didn't bother coming back. And they always at least try something. Strange that

Last edited by johnscales; 05-21-2019 at 06:03 PM..
Appreciate 1
type-dRew160.50

Yesterday, 01:38 PM   #12024
Modmike
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BLack 2008 335i

I purchased this about 3 years ago and installed stage 1. I never touched it again. Should I refresh with a newer version? Are there any improvements in smoothness?

Selling the car now but it was the most awesome kick in the ass my car ever got.

How to import a BMW into Canada without getting rear ended
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 01:57 PM   #12025
Modmike
Private First Class
Rep

Another question: I am unable to register my battery using Tool32 or Carly, although I used to be. I keep getting error:

ERROR_ECU_CONDITIONS_NOT_CORRECT_OR_REQUEST_SERVIC E_ERROR

Does this have anything to do with the tune? Do I need to remove it, register battery, then reinstall it?

Thanks!

Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 02:02 PM   #12026
Modmike
Private First Class
Rep

Bueller? Bueller?

Appreciate 0