E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > DIY - MTech E92 Front Bumper retrofit guide

02-24-2017, 04:24 PM   #67
!LEFTCOAST!
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92-SG-335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennnsanity View Post
I bought an Msport bumper for my LCI e92 and the bumper didn't fit well. the bumper didn't meet where the bumper and fender should click together. It looks like the engine cover is on the way. I will bring it to a shop tomorrow maybe they can do some trimming for me. thanks for this writeup
OEM?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2017, 08:15 PM   #68
glennnsanity
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 328i Xdrive Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by !LEFTCOAST! View Post
OEM?
No it is aftermarket. I got it used from this forum
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2017, 03:33 PM   #69
Jeffman
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi E90

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by raceyBMW View Post
I didn't trim anything yet, I have the 335is ducts for the oil cooler and msport brake ducts on order right now. I'm sure there will be some trimming needed for those according to others, but if you are ok with leaving as is, with the brake duct partially covered and fog lights installed, then no trimming is needed that I saw. Mine fit up extremely well for aftermarket.

Also, if you have an oil cooler, the stock passenger side fog light housing has a blanking plate that will block off airflow. If you have an oil cooler, you will need the one for the m-sport with oil cooler (link below), or you can just cut it out with a dremel. Like I said, the stock ducts don't line up perfect, but can probably live with it. If not, then buy the m-sport stuff and you will be golden.

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/Site...230/ES1305164/
I'm thinking of doing a fog delete too. Do you have any pictures of your car?
How did the 335is brake ducts work out?
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2017, 04:09 PM   #70
SingleturboVert
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Does anyone know if there is a driver side duct for the PPK Aux radiator that is NOT the 335is duct? Preferably one which preserves the brake duct?

Was the PPK V2 ever made for PreLCI E92? If so, it would make sense that there is a duct.

If not, I'd like to know if there is a non 335is part number for the aux radiator duct, made for the M Sport LCI.

Last edited by SingleturboVert; 08-01-2017 at 04:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2018, 01:04 PM   #71
newbimmerking
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 318d ES

Hi

Just wondering whether this will fit my 318d? I am attaching mt front bumper picture

Undertray in EBAY Link
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-30-2019, 09:12 AM   #72
SG335Xi
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 SG 335Xi

FYI -

I did this conversion (with the help of this thread, thanks!) but there was one thing I wanted to mention. I bought the undertray that the OP listed - but it does NOT work with an XI model.

The XI models - they have a totally different tray which has a large section cut out for the metal skid plate. If you want to use the fender liners that the OP listed - this part would work fantastic - 51758046334 (dont be discouraged by the fact this says NON M-SPORT - it's absolutely what you need for this setup).

HOWEVER - I was able to use the front (vertical) extension piece off of the tray that OP listed, which bolted up without modification (which possibly can be purchased separately) - and make 2 cuts, and drill 2 holes on the front edges to make the factory non m-sport undertray exactly like the CORRECT part I listed above.

I used the tray for the 335i that I had as a template to trace the cuts, and holes I needed - but you could use my picture and freehand cut it also - and then drill the holes when you marry it to the car.

BTW - I acquired the bumper from m*dbarg*ins - which had by far the best price currently. The fitment and quality is great - and here is a finished photo. It didn't have the correct fog light bracket for the oil cooler - but someone earlier in the thread noted that part number, which is only like $13. Personally I just cut a hole in the provided bracket for air to flow through.

Last edited by SG335Xi; 04-30-2019 at 09:31 AM..
Appreciate 0