E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > E92 headlight aim

09-24-2020, 03:13 PM   #1
oilcrankinject
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: nothing

E92 headlight aim

Could someone measure how far up their E92 headlight aim is 10-15 feet from their car?

Its a long story but I need to adjust mine. My headlights point all the way down.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2020, 03:48 AM   #2
Renegadenick
Petrol Head
Rep
Drives: Slow Cars

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdunejhgebn View Post
Could someone measure how far up their E92 headlight aim is 10-15 feet from their car?

Its a long story but I need to adjust mine. My headlights point all the way down.
Someone else's measurements will not be helpful since not everyone has the same suspension setup.

On a level surface, back your car with the headlights facing the wall so that the front of the car is perfectly parallel to the wall and the body is perpendicular to it. You I want to be about 25 feet from the wall

Measure the height from the ground to the center of your headlight and make a horizontal line with tape on the wall of that height. Do this for each headlight.

You are going to want to aim the top of the higher step of the cutoff for each beam 2.1 inches lower than the horizontal tapes on the wall.

@Nicholastran213
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2020, 07:45 AM   #3
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdunejhgebn View Post

Headlights should be aimed down 1%. So at 100 feet, the aim would be down 1 foot. Both your headlights are down? You sure you don't have a broken level sensor in either the front or rear suspension?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2020, 09:11 PM   #4
oilcrankinject
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouseTech View Post
Headlights should be aimed down 1%. So at 100 feet, the aim would be down 1 foot. Both your headlights are down? You sure you don't have a broken level sensor in either the front or rear suspension?
Only one headlight pointed down.

My car was on jackstands for 10 stupid months while I rebuilt the motor, twice.

At one point I had the engine, transmission, and exhaust system off the car.

I watched a youtube video and I was able to adjust my drivers side headlight to the right height.
Appreciate 0