E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Anyone shops still doing PE exhaust mods?

11-29-2022, 12:43 PM   #1
Spoolin335i
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 N55 335i

Anyone shops still doing PE exhaust mods?

Any LA based shops still do the modded PE exhaust job? I’m at the age where I don’t want the hassle of DPs and muffler delete when it comes to emission tests later so I figured modded PE would be better so I won’t have to do anything about it later. I’m just afraid if I pull into a shop that isn’t familiar with the mod that they might overcharge or give me the, WTF loook. Lol. Thank you in advance!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2022, 01:02 PM   #2
nictobin
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoolin335i View Post
Any LA based shops still do the modded PE exhaust job? I’m at the age where I don’t want the hassle of DPs and muffler delete when it comes to emission tests later so I figured modded PE would be better so I won’t have to do anything about it later. I’m just afraid if I pull into a shop that isn’t familiar with the mod that they might overcharge or give me the, WTF loook. Lol. Thank you in advance!
my personal recommendation would be to buy the parts yourself and have them put it in. ideally they won't know what exactly you're putting in and just install it anyways. the trick is to find a shop that will let you bring your own parts but that won't be too hard as there are plenty in the LA area.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2022, 01:12 PM   #3
Spoolin335i
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 N55 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nictobin View Post
my personal recommendation would be to buy the parts yourself and have them put it in. ideally they won't know what exactly you're putting in and just install it anyways. the trick is to find a shop that will let you bring your own parts but that won't be too hard as there are plenty in the LA area.
Ya the only parts I would need are just clamps. The mod opens up the muffler and essentially creates a straight pipe inside with all the stuffing put back inside.
Appreciate 0