E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > Alignment Question

02-01-2023, 03:23 PM   #1
kingcloudix
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: SG E92 Diego aka Silver Surfer

Alignment Question

Hey everyone,

Took my car in for new front tires and an alignment.

Apparently the front camber is off and couldn't be adjusted fully. Does anyone know what the problem could be based on the readings? I attached the before and after measurements for reference.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-01-2023, 04:59 PM   #2
trohde78
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i 6MT

Do you know the history of the vehicle? You may have the M3 control arms installed, which would be out of spec for a non-M car. And they are correct, the front camber is not adjustable. Stock camber is around -0.7, so this is actually better in my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2023, 06:12 PM   #3
kingcloudix
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by trohde78 View Post
Do you know the history of the vehicle? You may have the M3 control arms installed, which would be out of spec for a non-M car. And they are correct, the front camber is not adjustable. Stock camber is around -0.7, so this is actually better in my opinion.
Thank you for your input. Also asked a mechanic who works on BMWs frequently and he said its fine.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2023, 05:10 PM   #4
FormerRotor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d, M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by trohde78 View Post
+1. Check to see if it still has the alignment pins (small silver pin on the strut tower by the strut mount bolts. If this isn’t there (just a small hole) it’s probably tell-tale that the previous owner did work to increase negative camber.

EDIT: I checked some old alignment notes, and we were running -1.1 up front on ours when we pulled the alignment pins (before installing the M3 control arms). This is likely where you are as well, though there may be some room for improvement on the L/R split there. If you have a desire for more negative camber, the m3 control arms are a great addition (especially if you have aged bushings anyway).

Last edited by FormerRotor; 02-12-2023 at 08:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2023, 06:39 AM   #5
kingcloudix
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks for the suggestion. I was actually thinking about doing that for better handling overall since I'll need to replace turbos soon.
Appreciate 0