E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Waterpump or Electrical?

05-05-2023, 10:33 AM   #1
JediWill89
Bahamas
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 328i

Waterpump or Electrical?

Hello everyone,

I am experiencing some unusual issues with my water pump and am trying to determine whether it is an electrical problem or a faulty water pump that I may have purchased.

Recently, I replaced both my water pump and thermostat after the OEM water pump failed and required replacement.

Since the repair and replacement, I have been experiencing intermittent issues and am uncertain about the cause.

This morning, while monitoring the water pump and car temperature using Bimmergeeks Protools, I noticed that the water pump failed to kick in. Although the thermostat opened without any problem, the water pump amps remained at 0amp. I decided to turn off the car and restart it, and the water pump kicked in with 1amp and began to spin. Additionally, I observed that the BSD would drop from 99% to 77% in a brief moment.

This problem has occurred intermittently, once a week ago, and twice this week.

Yesterday, I received a low coolant level warning light and promptly topped it off, which resolved the warning.

I have attached a datalog for reference and would appreciate any ideas or suggestions on the cause of this issue.

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: pdf WATERPUMP LOG.pdf (441.9 KB, 31 views)
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2023, 04:56 PM   #2
NZE90
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325i

What brand water pump did you use?
Appreciate 0