E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Lean Code and Misfire under Moderate Throttle, Boost leak intermittent.

10-17-2021, 10:27 PM   #1
calswan7145
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 535xi, 2009 328xi

Garage List
Lean Code and Misfire under Moderate Throttle, Boost leak intermittent.

I’ve been a member for awhile for my old 328, I currently have an F10 535xi. I have a good likeminded friend who has a 2013 335xi with the N55 (EWG). Currently installed on the car is a JB4 running map 5, cattless downpipe with a downstream 02 sensor out of an 08 town and country (long story), BMS intake, turbosmart BOV, charge pipe, and a BMS catch can. He has recently done the VCG because there is oil seeping into the plug wells. We also recently hunted down a boost leak that turned out to be a bad seal around the TB. After fixing the above he is still getting some oil into the plug wells. We believe it still needs the bottom plug well seals found on RealOEM #9 to remedy the oil situation, https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=KF93-USA-11-2012-E92N-BMW-335xi&diagId=11_4753.

The current problem is this, under moderate / heavy acceleration he gets a Lean code and Misfire code and is still occasionally getting a boost leak code thrown. The plan is to switch out the valve cover, VCG and plug well gaskets next to try and finally stop that oil seep. We’ve checked the PVC piping on the top of the intake and found oil, leading us to believe there is a crack somewhere in the cover letting oil in. Any insight into the issue would be appreciated. Is there anything we should check for the misfire, lean code, or misfire besides what we have already checked? Maybe something we have overlooked?

Last edited by calswan7145; 10-18-2021 at 07:44 AM..
Appreciate 0