E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > 01/21/2020, emissions recall campaign 10e-a02: Replace fuel injectors

02-13-2020, 11:46 AM   #199
NFIDDY4
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335I

Beemermane, will do. I think we have the same SA
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 11:48 AM   #200
Beemermane
Rep
Drives: E92 335i; E90 325i; E60 530

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyteryda3 View Post
I read everything, understood and appreciate the thoroughness of your post. However, your situation is slightly different than mine in that I had all 6 replaced by an Indy. I'm sure if I pushed my SA, he would replace all 6 again, however is that the best solution in this situation? My current injectors only have 20Kish miles on them so if I could get refunded the amount I paid to have the service done that would be better. The best solution would be if I got refunded AND they replaced the injectors but I'm not sure if that's beyond reasonable in this unique scenario.
Inquire with your Indy for the receipt and detailed paperwork of everything done. Escalate to management and have them compensate. That should be a part of their procedure. Dealers have no issues cutting a check if a car is a lemon. The won’t have issues cutting a check for injectors they’d otherwise have to legally replace. You took action on your own, the class action covers people in your boat as well. Lawyers are educated for this. Let us know what the management level states. They legally should pay the amount of labor and cost of parts.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 11:55 AM   #201
Beemermane
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFIDDY4 View Post
Beemermane, will do. I think we have the same SA
Maybe! My SA’s name is Ryan, good dude. Lol still waiting on them to call and let me know about my fuel line to fuel rail connection.
I’ve actually called the dealers around the Phoenix area first and heard same bullshit that other members heard from other dealers around North America.
Funny thing is guys, ANY dealer that denies, simply because they’re NOT comprehending the SIB literature. It’s your guys’ jobs as consumers to defend yourselves and stand up to poor work ethics and incompetence. I can only do so much in leading by example but fellas, STAND UP AND STAND FIRM. MOST OF THE PEOPLE WORKING AT THESE DEALERSHIPS DGAF ABOUT OUT “OLD” N54’s. Only one in so many are professional enough to look into it, that’s why I stress always escalating to manager because they MUST READ SIB AND FOLLOW IT.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 12:04 PM   #202
NFIDDY4
United_States
Rep

Yep same guy! Maybe you’ll see my car there when you go pick yours up lol. Kind of hard to miss😂
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 12:21 PM   #203
Beemermane
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Yep same guy! Maybe you’ll see my car there when you go pick yours up lol. Kind of hard to miss😂
What does she look like??
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 12:27 PM   #204
NFIDDY4
United_States
Rep

Redhead
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 04:07 PM   #205
NFIDDY4
United_States
Rep

But if you’re talking about the car, checkout my IG: nfiddy4
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 04:26 PM   #206
Joeyy_e92
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemermane View Post
Everyone!
Whoever has read this far and taken action following my example, please, let us all know your results!
I’d like to centralize the results everyone has on here.
The more data we gather, the better our understanding of the bigger picture will be, basic science.
PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES ON THIS here with the community.
I have posted comments linking this thread here:

and here:

These injectors are a huge deal, let’s not pretend.
PLEASE RAISE AWARENESS IN OUR COMMUNITY!!
why did you link an O'Reilly video?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2020, 10:18 AM   #207
NFIDDY4
United_States
Rep

Beemermane, any update on yours? I’m still waiting for an update with the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2020, 12:22 PM   #208
hybrid90
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Garage List
2021 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Now, i have a 2013 335is and had my Oil Change service done this week. When I called to schedule an appointment, the girl asks the usual "have you been here before... which car is it..." and then proceeds to tell me that there are two recalls on my car that they will do since my car will be there.

I knew that they had just released the Airbag recall on my car, but didn't know what the other recall was so i asked. She told me that it was to "inspect and replace the injectors if necessary". I knew about this recall for the older N54 motors but was shocked when she said it applied to my N54T motor as well.

At the dealership when I dropped the car off, I asked the SA about it and he said that the procedure is for them to actually inspect the injectors to see how old they were and ONLY if they are too old, they replace. Luckily when I picked the car up (I don't like the dealership messing with my car if nothing is wrong) they were Index 12's so they were fine.

Just my two cents...
      02-15-2020, 04:29 PM   #209
NFIDDY4
United_States
Rep

Update: picked the car up BMW Tucson. According the service manager, if your vin does not pop up in DCS, they will not replace them due to BMWNA billing the dealership for the parts and labor. I did not get my injectors replaces and Beemermane got his replaced when he wasn’t suppose to get them replaced. If your injectors were already checked or replaced during the initial recall, you will not get new injectors.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2020, 05:51 PM   #210
MadisonOne
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Update: picked the car up BMW Tucson. According the service manager, if your vin does not pop up in DCS, they will not replace them due to BMWNA billing the dealership for the parts and labor. I did not get my injectors replaces and Beemermane got his replaced when he wasn’t suppose to get them replaced. If your injectors were already checked or replaced during the initial recall, you will not get new injectors.
Thanks for the heads up and stopping me from taking the road trip to Tuscon. I had 2 of my injectors replaced in 2012 and this must disqualify me from this updated recall. I keep checking https://www.bmwusa.com/safety-and-emission-recalls.html and my VIN doesn't show up on here.
      02-16-2020, 11:02 AM   #211
BrutalN54
Cool Guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 335i

Quote:
I had a strong feeling this was gna be the outcome lol damn it
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 08:31 AM   #212
stewbets
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 335xi, '04 545i

What's the typical recall service appointment experience? I don't ever visit dealerships, so I don't have a frame of reference. Last week I scheduled an appointment (using an online form) for the blower motor wiring recall and for them to check out the injector SIB for this past Tuesday at 7:30 am. I dropped my car off Monday after work and it took the SA 20 minutes to get my car checked in. He just seemed generally incompetent. I called the next morning for an update and my SA was busy, so another SA told me he couldn't see an update and I'd receive a call as soon as my SA was available. I received a text 20 minutes later with an update that there was no progress. I texted back a few hours later asking for an ETA and explained this is my daily driver and I didn't understand why there was no progress if I had an appointment. The response was that the appointment has nothing to do with the car being looked at, but is simply an appointment to talk to my SA. He then told me they have had sickness in the shop and are backed up, but he should have an answer soon. I'm not sure why he couldn't have conveyed this situation to me sometime during the 20 minute wait when I dropped off my car. Today, a day later, still no update. Are my expectations too high here? I assumed it would be a same day fix or next day at the latest.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 08:54 AM   #213
drubular
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i e90

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewbets View Post
What's the typical recall service appointment experience? I don't ever visit dealerships, so I don't have a frame of reference. Last week I scheduled an appointment (using an online form) for the blower motor wiring recall and for them to check out the injector SIB for this past Tuesday at 7:30 am. I dropped my car off Monday after work and it took the SA 20 minutes to get my car checked in. He just seemed generally incompetent. I called the next morning for an update and my SA was busy, so another SA told me he couldn't see an update and I'd receive a call as soon as my SA was available. I received a text 20 minutes later with an update that there was no progress. I texted back a few hours later asking for an ETA and explained this is my daily driver and I didn't understand why there was no progress if I had an appointment. The response was that the appointment has nothing to do with the car being looked at, but is simply an appointment to talk to my SA. He then told me they have had sickness in the shop and are backed up, but he should have an answer soon. I'm not sure why he couldn't have conveyed this situation to me sometime during the 20 minute wait when I dropped off my car. Today, a day later, still no update. Are my expectations too high here? I assumed it would be a same day fix or next day at the latest.
That sucks, guess it depends on the dealership. I had my blower wire recall performed the same day as my appointment at BMW of San Diego. My wires were toast so they had to do the "long wire" repair which took about 1hr 30 mins. I just waited in their lounge and got some work done.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 08:57 AM   #214
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewbets View Post
Lol when I schedule an appointment for recalls it is for the car, not to see an SA. All the recalls I've had done; blower wiring and airbag, have taken less than a day. You have an incompetent dealership.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 12:27 PM   #215
stewbets
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 335xi, '04 545i

OK, thanks for the feedback! Lucky me!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 01:15 PM   #216
Tyc0
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 335i

So have most people come to the conclusion that this recall isn't happening ? Curious what everyone else is thinking. At this point I'm becoming less optimistic even though I was told by a dealer that the recall is a real thing.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 02:49 PM   #217
drubular
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i e90

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
I spoke with BMW USA customer service the other day. The rep was aware of the new injector SIB and told me no cars are meant to get injectors replaced under it as it was only meant for internal filing purposes. Also my car doesn't have an open recall for injectors even though it's a 2008 e90 335i built on 05-29-2008 and never had the injector recall performed on it. He said it could because it came off the South Africa assembly line and not form Germany, but that sounds like BS. Anyone else have a South Africa build and get denied the injector recall?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 03:18 PM   #218
Jet-Black
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335Xi; 2007 328xi

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
Hi every one,
I have been reading carefully, following the exchanges and also trying to come up with a solution. Why don't we initiate a formal campaign/petition to have BMW come clean? I think together, with one voice, we can get them to do the right thing.

I am not tech savvy, but It seems to me there people in the forum who are and may know how to go about it. Otherwise, I can draft a good petition based on the facts of this matter and get it to anyone willing to read it and join something like this. If you are interested, then send me a personal message.

I am allways open to comments and suggestions,

Thanks

Last edited by Jet-Black; 02-24-2020 at 03:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 09:27 PM   #219
WoodE30
Capt. Maverick
Rep
Drives: 89 E30 325is, E92 335i N54

Garage List
2013 X5 3.5xdrive  [0.00]
1989 325is  [0.00]
2008 335I coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet-Black View Post
Hi every one,
I have been reading carefully, following the exchanges and also trying to come up with a solution. Why don't we initiate a formal campaign/petition to have BMW come clean? I think together, with one voice, we can get them to do the right thing.

I am not tech savvy, but It seems to me there people in the forum who are and may know how to go about it. Otherwise, I can draft a good petition based on the facts of this matter and get it to anyone willing to read it and join something like this. If you are interested, then send me a personal message.

I am allways open to comments and suggestions,

Thanks
This recall unfortunately only applies to a vehicle that were not address during the initial recall that came out before.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2020, 07:17 AM   #220
Jet-Black
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335Xi; 2007 328xi

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
Thank you WoodE30,

The issue, as I see it, is that there is a clear disconnect between the intent of the recall and its implementation and administration.

The Recall was issued because it was uncovered that the injectors were failing making it that the vehicles were not meeting the Emission Standards as required by the USA Emission Regulatory Body (That’s why people in CANADA are not benefiting). The original intent was to bring the vehicles up to par so they could comply with the emission regulation; However, the BMW Service Centers administrated the recall erroneously. They went ahead and followed the specific instructions that asked to only replace injectors that failed. The problem, as I understand it, was that the SAs were removing the vehicles' tag from the recall list/database after just replacing 1, 2 injectors, or a full bank. That was the error in administrating this recall.

As far as I know, there was no time stamp on the initial recall, and ALL injectors placed on those vehicles were covered under this recall. Basically, if there is even 1 old injector in any of these vehicles, then the car should still show on the list/database as needing the recall and that only 1 specific injector. needed to be replace. That is because if that one injector were to fail then it would make the vehicle not comply with Emission Standard again.

That’s the core argument that needs to be brought forward. It actually was a simple procedural error they made.

I read the new revised/amended recall notice as BMW America’s intent to make it right, but administratively speaking (once again), they are not aware of the issue that Service Centers were “lifting” the tag too early. I don’t expect BMW USA to go through ALL those vehicles specific service history details to find out which vehicles have any old injectors left, and then place them back on the list; but they should issue specific instructions indicating to Service Centers of this past/historical error and to honor the Recall to those vehicles that don’t show up but need the recall completed.

The vehicles' original equipment/parts are still not meeting Emission Standard. It is that simple.

My SA informed me that BMW scanned the injectors. So they do know , have full record, of which injectors were replaced and which ones were not. They have ALL the numbers/codes associated with vehicles' VIN and cylinders worked on.
I got my SA to email me my specific- detailed -service history pertaining to work completed. It is so evident that me being a professional on Organization management and development would feel awful ignoring this just because BMW Service Centers and BMW USA are not communicating correctly. - Clients/customers are paying the price of an internal communication issue that is keeping BMW to fully comply with Emission Standards.

Just let me know, what you think,

Last edited by Jet-Black; 02-25-2020 at 10:59 AM..
Appreciate 1