E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Electronics: Audio / Video / Phone / Alarm / Navigation / Radar > "Short review: Custom Earthquake SWS-8 / SWS-8x spacers"

06-16-2010, 08:33 AM   #67
jtsherri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: TBD

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Exclamation IMPORTANT!

For those interested in a set of these, please PM me. I know some are using new accounts and you can't PM right away, but I don't check this thread constantly, so make a few posts (5-10, I believe?) and then send me a quick message. I will reply promptly.

To those that requested an email to this point, I'll send that now. Thanks for the interest!

Also, to those that posted up their experience with these, thank you very much! Glad these are helping people make the SWS install easier!
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2010, 12:18 PM   #68
themangood
Rep
Drives: 2004 E60

SWS8X

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsherri View Post
For those interested in a set of these, please PM me. I know some are using new accounts and you can't PM right away, but I don't check this thread constantly, so make a few posts (5-10, I believe?) and then send me a quick message. I will reply promptly.

To those that requested an email to this point, I'll send that now. Thanks for the interest!

Also, to those that posted up their experience with these, thank you very much! Glad these are helping people make the SWS install easier!
I am in the UK and also interested, please let me know how much to ship over here.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2010, 02:11 AM   #69
brettp
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 320d (E92)Coupe M Sport

I just wanted to say a massive thanks to jtsherri, his comms are great and I received the spacers in very little time, It was less than a week to the UK.

Anyone that is from the UK that is debating on getting these, possibly down to the distance, get them ordered. I received these faster than I have received items from ebay that are coming less than 100 miles away.

Spacers look fantastic and will certainly make the whole job much easier.

Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2010, 08:56 AM   #70
jtsherri
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettp View Post
I just wanted to say a massive thanks to jtsherri, his comms are great and I received the spacers in very little time, It was less than a week to the UK.

Anyone that is from the UK that is debating on getting these, possibly down to the distance, get them ordered. I received these faster than I have received items from ebay that are coming less than 100 miles away.

Spacers look fantastic and will certainly make the whole job much easier.

Thanks again.
Thanks for the kind words, Brett - it was a pleasure dealing with you!

And oddly enough, I think I've shipped more sets of these to the UK in the last couple of months than anywhere else. You guys rock!
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2010, 10:46 AM   #71
brettp
Enlisted Member
Rep

No problem, I honestly couldnt ask for better, just cant wait to fit them.

You should start a UK outlet before long. LOL
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2010, 11:59 AM   #72
themangood
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words, Brett - it was a pleasure dealing with you!

And oddly enough, I think I've shipped more sets of these to the UK in the last couple of months than anywhere else. You guys rock!
And hopefully one more to the UK. Cant wait to get my hands on them. Getting those farty noises already, dont want to blow my subs.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2010, 12:11 PM   #73
LeMans335xiE90
+7,033 posts ;)
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 LCI LeMans

interested in these please keep making them! thanks
      06-24-2010, 09:14 PM   #74
jtsherri
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by themangood View Post
And hopefully one more to the UK. Cant wait to get my hands on them. Getting those farty noises already, dont want to blow my subs.
En route, bud - sorry for the delayed reply. PMed you a minute ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMans335xiE90 View Post
interested in these please keep making them! thanks
Will do!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 11:29 AM   #75
jtsherri
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Is anyone familiar with Saad Saleem...?

Email address: ssaleem1@hotmail.co.uk

Mailing address:

4 Hillside Avenue
London, London
N11 3DE
United Kingdom

He's trying to scam me out of $90.00

MANY of you have requested these spacers and I'm hoping a few from the UK can chime in, as I ship out of the country to help out the community. Doing so is actually somewhat of a hassle, yet I do it anyway. Due to the fact that USPS does NOT provide tracking #s to the UK, he's trying to use a loophole to get out of payment.

Sorry, but due to one bad egg, this could ruin things for everyone overseas... If anyone knows him, tell him to quit being shady!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 11:53 AM   #76
brettp
Enlisted Member
Rep

Jason,

Not heard of the name, do you have the guys username on the forum at all??
Is he trying to say not received or something?

It is just annoying that a guy from the states jtsherri has come up with a great product that helps us out loads and takes the risk in sending them to the UK. I received mine in very quick time with no problems and I have heard many others also very pleased with his service.

Why is it that people try and ruin this, its not on.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2010, 02:16 PM   #77
themangood
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettp View Post
Jason,

Not heard of the name, do you have the guys username on the forum at all??
Is he trying to say not received or something?

It is just annoying that a guy from the states jtsherri has come up with a great product that helps us out loads and takes the risk in sending them to the UK. I received mine in very quick time with no problems and I have heard many others also very pleased with his service.

Why is it that people try and ruin this, its not on.
Cant comment on Saad Saleem but I think we should be careful slagging people off without the facts. I am also waiting for mine but it hasnt been 10 business days yet. I know sometimes stuff gets delayed by customs. Can take a while to come through. Customs dont check every single package. You seem lucky yours came through early. My earthquakes took over a month to get to me.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2010, 08:45 AM   #78
themangood
Rep

Thanks Jason, got my spacers today. They have been a long time coming but they are just perfect. Will be installing them as soon as I have the time. Tried them in the spare enclosures I have and they are just right. Keep up the good work.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2010, 01:39 AM   #79
jtsherri
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Sorry, guys, I know I mentioned this before, but this loser ended up taking me for $90.00 in product... Because of this, I'll likely have to charge a couple bucks extra for any overseas shipments in order to get tracking #s.

If anyone feels like contacting this jackass to "thank" him for the additional shipping fees, here's the info you'll need:

Email address: ssaleem1@hotmail.co.uk

Mailing address:

4 Hillside Avenue
London, London
N11 3DE
United Kingdom

Sorry for the harsh language, but I don't move a ton of these things and a slap in the face like that can hurt a bit. To all of you that HAVEN'T been scammers: Thank you - I greatly appreciate the business!
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2010, 06:15 PM   #80
scottluft
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW M3 Coupe

Spacer Inquiry

I am interested in getting the spacers for the SWS8xi but cannot PM jtsherri. I have not posted before to this website. Please let me know how I can get price and availability.

Scottluft
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2010, 07:46 PM   #81
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C & 18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottluft View Post
I am interested in getting the spacers for the SWS8xi but cannot PM jtsherri. I have not posted before to this website. Please let me know how I can get price and availability.

Scottluft
As he says farther up a bit in this page, in post 67:

Quote:
If the magic number of posts is 10, looks like you're only one post away!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2010, 02:16 AM   #82
ergoyo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i

Jtshrerri, got my spacers and they look great! Thanks for the fast shipping as well. I will install this weekend.
Quick question, because of the ambiguity in people's posts, is there a definitive answer regarding whether even your spacers is it still necessary to "shave the bottom ribs" of the OEM enclosures in order to make the SWSs fit? I see tons of people still doing this regardless.
Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2010, 09:30 AM   #83
jtsherri
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergoyo View Post
Jtshrerri, got my spacers and they look great! Thanks for the fast shipping as well. I will install this weekend.
Quick question, because of the ambiguity in people's posts, is there a definitive answer regarding whether even your spacers is it still necessary to "shave the bottom ribs" of the OEM enclosures in order to make the SWSs fit? I see tons of people still doing this regardless.
Thanks again.
Unless the design of the enclosure has changed since I bought my car, it's completely unnecessary. The reason I made these was because I wanted to avoid any modification to the enclosure itself. The subs should drop right in and fit perfectly with these.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2010, 08:20 AM   #84
Kenji
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i

Hi,

I am planning on getting the SWS-8xi for my 2011 335i. Do you have a spacer template made for the SWS-8xi? I know you were polling to see if people were interested.

Anyway, I plan on getting a pair of SWS-8xi since it is the 2-Ohm version of the SWS-8 series. It matches the output impedance of the 335i logic 7 amp.

I've been a fan of SWS-8s for a long time. I've actually made a custom sealed enclosure speaker box that housed an original version of the SWS-8 with the silver (or white) woofer cone 6 years ago. My friends thought I had a 10" or 12" sub running in my truck.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2010, 12:57 PM   #85
ergoyo
Captain
Rep

Has anyone else attempted to install the 2ohm XI's with JT's "traditional" spacers.

Is it confirmed that the spacers will need to be modified? I still can't believe this. The instruction manuals is the same for both SWS' and it describes both subs as having the same exact dimensions.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2010, 06:40 PM   #86
Xaero
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black 335i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenji View Post
Hi,

I am planning on getting the SWS-8xi for my 2011 335i. Do you have a spacer template made for the SWS-8xi? I know you were polling to see if people were interested.

Anyway, I plan on getting a pair of SWS-8xi since it is the 2-Ohm version of the SWS-8 series. It matches the output impedance of the 335i logic 7 amp.

I've been a fan of SWS-8s for a long time. I've actually made a custom sealed enclosure speaker box that housed an original version of the SWS-8 with the silver (or white) woofer cone 6 years ago. My friends thought I had a 10" or 12" sub running in my truck.

Thanks!
I am in the same boat.. about to order the 2ohm speakers and neeed spacers..
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2010, 06:51 PM   #87
ergoyo
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Has anyone else attempted to install the 2ohm XI's with JT's "traditional" spacers.

Is it confirmed that the spacers will need to be modified? I still can't believe this. The instruction manuals is the same for both SWS' and it describes both subs as having the same exact dimensions.
I already did this install using JT's spacers and the SWS 8XI (2ohms), and the fit was simply PERFECT. No drilling, modifying, removal of bottom ribs, or anything!! Just drop and screw back in place!! JT's the man!

One less mystery out there..
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2010, 08:31 PM   #88
Imperator
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i

Quote:
I already did this install using JT's spacers and the SWS 8XI (2ohms), and the fit was simply PERFECT. No drilling, modifying, removal of bottom ribs, or anything!! Just drop and screw back in place!! JT's the man!

One less mystery out there..
+1 here. I finally got a new set of SWS-8Xi drivers (2-ohm, black cone) and just did a trial fit of JT's spacers on an extra set of enclosures I have laying around.

The Earthquake driver drops in over the spacer a bit snugly but tightens down easily and uniformly. My spacers are about 4 months old and made with blue plastic instead of black, but I assume the template is the same. The only thing I noticed is the grill spacer doesn't have notches on the front-side (open end) and don't fit flush with the enclosure. I assume this won't be an issue once I get them installed and tuck the carpet around the grill.
Appreciate 0