E90Post

European Auto Source (EAS)

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > Question for democrats and republicans

06-05-2019, 03:32 PM   #89
openwheelracing
Captain
Rep
Drives: 5 different 3 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzschild Radius View Post
1. Why not return? The only real way to beat the haters is to argue your case with intelligence, facts, and civility.

2. Good luck indeed. Right now it seems the national interest is not being put forward by either party.
More with one party over another. Let's not lie to ourselves the two parties are not "equal".
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 03:37 PM   #90
openwheelracing
Captain
Rep
Drives: 5 different 3 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobiggens View Post
When the choice for President was between Hillary or Trump, Hillary was a known quantity, she has an easily researched track record in our government and is an established politician. Trump was an unknown quantity with no track record, he was a freshman politician and it was anybody's guess how he would turn out. That made the choice easy for me, mainly because I'm tired of the same 'ol same 'ol from our government. Another thing Trump had going for him was he's famous for doing something our government desperately needs - firing people.
If you have ever had to fire gov employees like myself, you would have had second thought. It's not a make believe TV show.

If you have had the experience working with tax payer money, you wouldn't have voted for Trump.

This is no TV show, despite all the late night talk shows, it's not funny cause my country is hurting with such incompetence.
Appreciate 1
      06-05-2019, 04:21 PM   #91
adc100
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyRyan2019 View Post
I am not denying that things need to change at the border. They do. But for some to take the position the gov't owes the people in their custody certain basic needs is simply ridiculous. They are required by law to do it, plain and simple.
Please cite that law sir.

You libs are happy with 5000 illegals crossing daily... each costing $8000 each and every day till they die. Why don't you guys have the balls to say it.

I have the balls to say this: If I were dispatched to the border and ordered to shoot invaders coming across I wouldn't think twice.
Appreciate 2
DonaldPump5815.00
Delta03117194.50

06-05-2019, 04:45 PM   #92
Delta0311
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post

You libs are happy with 5000 illegals crossing daily... each costing $8000 each and every day till they die. Why don't you guys have the balls to say it.

I have the balls to say this: If I were dispatched to the border and ordered to shoot invaders coming across I wouldn't think twice.
Let me correct that for you....

They are ok with floods of illegals as long as they are not coming to their neighborhoods.
You can detect right away those that are going to be shaky, and that will fall behind and those that are very hungry, and that hunger you will have to develop. You gotta create a goal for yourself whatever that may be, a short term goal and a long term goal and you gotta go after that. And if you donít see it, and if you donít believe it, who else will?
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 05:21 PM   #93
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
which laws has he passed that have significantly reduced the number of legal immigrants coming into the USA?
No laws, he's using Executive Orders <ba-du-BING>
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 05:22 PM   #94
TheWatchGuy
Major
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
No laws, he's using Executive Orders <ba-du-BING>
ok, modify my post to include EOs as well

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 05:23 PM   #95
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
ok, modify my post to include EOs as well
None of those either, because liberal judges legislating from the bench

Keep throwing those sweet hanging curve-balls!!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2019, 06:47 AM   #96
jimbobiggens
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelracing View Post
If you have ever had to fire gov employees like myself, you would have had second thought. It's not a make believe TV show.

If you have had the experience working with tax payer money, you wouldn't have voted for Trump.

This is no TV show, despite all the late night talk shows, it's not funny cause my country is hurting with such incompetence.
Are you trying to say the best course of action is to allow incompetent and corrupt individuals to remain employed simply because it is difficult to fire them? It's not worth the effort?

That attitude is exactly why Trump is in office right now - the American people are clearly fed up with our incompetent and corrupt government. He got elected by promising to "Drain the swamp", among other things, and that is exactly what he is doing.
MKSixer14538.50

06-07-2019, 08:07 AM   #97
Dave 90TT
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 6MT M4 F82

Quote:
because it is difficult to fire them? It's not worth the effort?
Having been in a position where I had government civillians working for me (they are sometimes referred to as GSers, due to them being on the GS pay scale), there are tons and tons of protections built into the system to protect government employees. It is very difficult to fire them once they are past their initial 1-2 year probation period. It's not impossible, but it requires a lot of effort, a lot of justification, and a lot of paperwork.

For better or for worse, that's the way the system is, and it's unlikely to change. That said, it's not impossible; I successfully was able to fire a government employee who worked for me, but it was a long process.

Note that all of the above applies to the federal government of the US; state and local governments are likely very similar, but I can't speak to that.
MKSixer14538.50

06-07-2019, 09:17 AM   #98
ScottyRyan2019
Licensed Professional Slacker
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i xDrive and BMW X3 M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post

The U S Supreme Court has stated time and again that every single person on U S soil, whether here legally or illegally, have fundamental rights because for the most part the Constitution speaks to "people" or "person/s" and not "citizen/s." The 5th Amendment's Due Process Clause requires the federal government to practice equal protection and the 14th Amendment's Equal Protection Clause requires states to practice it.

As for your last comment, I would rather live around families looking to come here looking for a better life than what they have now, than someone like yourself who says they would just as soon kill them. That really says something about yourself...and it is not good.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2019, 09:35 AM   #99
DonaldPump
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT

Quote:
As for your last comment, I would rather live around families looking to come here looking for a better life than what they have now
You mean these families?
Attached Images

Hebrews 4:12
Appreciate 1
MKSixer14538.50

06-07-2019, 10:12 AM   #100
ScottyRyan2019
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Are you trying to say the best course of action is to allow incompetent and corrupt individuals to remain employed simply because it is difficult to fire them? It's not worth the effort?

That attitude is exactly why Trump is in office right now - the American people are clearly fed up with our incompetent and corrupt government. He got elected by promising to "Drain the swamp", among other things, and that is exactly what he is doing.

Yeah, draining it with people like Zinke, McEntee, Shine, Pruitt, Shulkin, Sorensen, Porter, Weyeneth, Fitzgerald, Price, McFarland, Flynn, and then of the unqualified clowns, several of which are Ivanka, Kushner, Ross and DeVoss (you know, the one with really no education experience, but has given a bunch of money to the Republican cause ($17 million since 1989) and who's brother just happens to be Erik Prince) and Alex Acosta who was the U S Attorney who gave the now illegal plea deal to Trump's buddy Jeffrey Epstein in his child sex assault case and who is still the Secretary of Labor.

And then there are the other Trump Administration scandals that pop up all the time such as the security clearance one, Trump Foundation, Emoluments Clause lawsuit, Stormy Daniels payoff to Cohen which continued while after he was elected, and the list goes on and on.

Yeah, that is some draining of the swamp. Thanks for the laugher.
Appreciate 2
      06-07-2019, 10:20 AM   #101
ScottyRyan2019
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldPump View Post
You mean these families?

The vast majority of criminal statutes charged and prosecuted in the United States are state crimes ( almost all violent crimes are charged as state crimes unless occurring with a federal jurisdiction which could be an Indian reservation, bank robbery, national parks, etc). However, a large percentage of Federal crimes charged and prosecuted are crimes committed at our borders. So yes, it would stand to reason that people crossing our borders would be charged with more Federal crimes than those elsewhere in the country. As far as overall national crime statistics, that statistic is meaningless.

Last edited by ScottyRyan2019; 06-07-2019 at 10:29 AM..
Appreciate 2
      06-07-2019, 11:08 AM   #102
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Quote:
You mean these families?

The vast majority of criminal statutes charged and prosecuted in the United States are state crimes ( almost all violent crimes are charged as state crimes unless occurring with a federal jurisdiction which could be an Indian reservation, bank robbery, national parks, etc). However, a large percentage of Federal crimes charged and prosecuted are crimes committed at our borders. So yes, it would stand to reason that people crossing our borders would be charged with more Federal crimes than those elsewhere in the country. As far as overall national crime statistics, that statistic is meaningless.
You are on fire today!
      06-07-2019, 11:29 AM   #103
1mm2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
You are on fire today!
And he's not even on the White House lawn!
Appreciate 3
      06-07-2019, 11:38 AM   #104
DonaldPump
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Feel free to review the .gov statistics from multiple three letter agencies that support my position that illegal immigrants commit crime at a higher rate than the populous. And no, those crimes are not just crossing the border illegally. Being politically correct doesn't exempt you from facts, even if they are ugly in your eyes.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2019, 01:30 PM   #105
Uber Commuter
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 328D xDrive

Garage List
Not really...

And here is a nice, peer-reviewed study on the subject:

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...745-9125.12175
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2019, 01:40 PM   #106
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
You mean these families?
We can't help you till you want to be helped.
More pandering jouralism. Thanks Mr. Skinner. The article about Pelosi is especially bad......

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-american-mirror/
      06-07-2019, 01:47 PM   #107
DonaldPump
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Commuter View Post
Not really...

And here is a nice, peer-reviewed study on the subject:

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...745-9125.12175
Conviction rates being key here.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer14538.50

06-07-2019, 01:48 PM   #108
ScottyRyan2019
United_States
Rep

Just one takeaway from that very in-depth scientific study posted above (there is a lot of very good information in there):

"Although ardent skeptics may remain unconvinced, the weight of the evidence presented here and in supporting work challenges claims that unauthorized immigration endangers the public. At a minimum, the results of our study call into question claims that undocumented immigration increases violent crime. If anything, the data suggest the opposite."
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2019, 01:48 PM   #109
DonaldPump
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
We can't help you till you want to be helped.
More pandering jouralism. Thanks Mr. Skinner. The article about Pelosi is especially bad......

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-american-mirror/
Thanks RD, that means a lot coming from a brain dead lemming such as yourself.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2019, 01:50 PM   #110
DonaldPump
Brigadier General
Rep

Man illegal immigration sounds great!

#makeamericalikemexico amiright?
Appreciate 0