E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > M3 control arm conversion upgrade

10-20-2021, 09:20 PM   #23
gunnerxq
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 "325i"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mave198 View Post
Had this setup with the B4s and M3 arms.

Ride was garbage. Made me hate to drive the car.

And the M3 arms pushed out the wheels about 10mm and forward about the same. Rubbed badly on dips.

Hope you have better luck.
Well yeah you made a terrible choice. M3 arms and B4 shocks? That's like getting your car ready for the track but putting on chinese all season tires the day of. Poor shock choice.

Also my ride was really uncomfortable for about a week when I allowed the ride to settle before I got an alignment.
Koni special active red, eibach pro-kit springs, Remus exhaust, stage 3 intake manifold,Stage 2 AA tune, BMW Short shift kit. Silicon intake pipe. M3 control arms front, M3 rear. ECS trailing arm with whiteline bushings. Purple powerflex subframe bushings. Yellow power flex upper shock mounts. Single mass flywheel OE weight.
Appreciate 1
Torgus3779.00
      10-29-2021, 07:59 AM   #24
cdgatti
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

When I did my B6's many years ago, the ride is a bit 'brittle' for the first several hundred miles. Then they break in and the car is extremely solid.
OEM Black grill and Blackline tails - LCI halogens with Lux V2 coded as DRL - 3M Crystalline - BMS PBX - OEM Euro Airbox with K&N - Hardwired CTEK - Bilstein B6 w/OEM springs and SP perches - Conti DWS06 - HiFi-Helix DSP - JLAudio HD/XD-Morel - CD changer trim - AE optical out
Appreciate 1
      11-09-2023, 01:04 PM   #25
belok
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 328Ci 2011 LCI Coupe e92

Hi, this is probably the most recent thread about it...
I need to replace front tension struts and thinking to get either OE Lemforder or TRW struts from "upgrade" kit.
Can I replace just these struts and not the full kit?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2023, 11:43 AM   #26
Jaronbwall
Driving cars and riding bikes really fast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by belok View Post
Hi, this is probably the most recent thread about it...
I need to replace front tension struts and thinking to get either OE Lemforder or TRW struts from "upgrade" kit.
Can I replace just these struts and not the full kit?
You can pretty much buy and replace all the individual parts. From my experience I'd buy more parts if you think they are worn out. If you're over 120k miles for sure. This exact situation is happening to me right now and it's throwing off my alignment badly. I've got new m3 arms, tie-rods, wheel bearing, and misc. stuff but now my struts are blown. Should have replaced them when I did the arms and had everything apart. Cheers.
Appreciate 1
belok3.00