E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Weird HVAC issue - just started happening

06-28-2015, 05:47 PM   #1
Nitrousbird
Banned
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 335i 6MT

Weird HVAC issue - just started happening

It's actually two issues. Everything working fine on the front panel

#1 - A/C doesn't kick on. Both knobs to 60, AC on, AC on Max, recirculate or not, pretty warm air coming out. RPMS's climb slightly when A/C button engaged, but no cold air.

#2 - No vent control. Blower working fine. With the back seat vent open, it is BLASTING air back there...wind tunnel amounts of air.

Front, nothing dash, front vents or floor. Just a slight amount of air escaping. Doesn't matter if set to auto or not, one, some or all vents selected, nothing. If I close the rear vent, it starts whistling pretty loudly, I presume because all vents are closed up front so it is trying to squeeze air by.

Any common issues for this before I start digging through the Bentley manual?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2015, 10:08 PM   #2
Nitrousbird
Banned
Rep

Also discovered the temp controls do nothing and the Rest function won't engage. I ordered a control panel for cheap on eBay I ordered tonight...I can probably flip it and break even if that's not the issue.

I played with INPA tonight but I was low on time and battery on the laptop, so I didn't find the HVAC module in it (and was getting a lot of connection errors which could be JB4 related). I also bypassed my XCarLink CCC multimedia adapter to rule it out.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2015, 04:59 PM   #3
Nitrousbird
Banned
Rep

Good thing I wasn't counting on the E9x community to have any useful input.

I got it fixed. I found a junkyard HVAC controller for $26 shipped; figured I'd flip it and break even if it wasn't the issue. Luckily, that was the issue and the new controller fixed all my HVAC issues.

Sadly, the button lights on the new controller don't work (not a single one of them, but the buttons all function) and the passenger dial likes to skip numbers when turning it about 1/2 the time you use it. No biggie; it's a 5 minute swap so I'll just return it and get another used one for $30-50.
Appreciate 0