E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > 2012 335I coupe - When starting car sometimes, spinning and humming noise

06-28-2015, 08:32 PM   #1
Lnknprkfrk28
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 335I M-Sport Package

2012 335I coupe - When starting car sometimes, spinning and humming noise

Hello everyone,

Just wanted people's feedback and thoughts on some noise I'm hearing when starting the car sometimes. When I start the car after I have driven it the same day, once, couple times, I hear some type of wheel or spinning noise for about 3 seconds and it goes away (only happens when I start the car, not while driving). I don't think its an actual 'issue' or 'problem' but just curious what it might be? I'm thinking maybe my spark plugs are getting worn out and need to be changed? Its just like when you turn a key to much, and it makes that starter humming noise. It's a bit difficult to explain. It only happens sometimes. For example, when I first turn it on in the morning, it doesn't occur, however when I drive and park, and come back to turn on my car, I hear it again. It seems like when it turns on, something still spins for about 3 seconds or so. Any feedback or someone that has experienced the same thing would help. This has been happening for the past 5 months or so. I'm at about 60k miles.
Appreciate 0