E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > "OEM" Navigation

12-12-2010, 07:35 PM   #67
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by millerjeff86 View Post
ok, so i dont pay for the assist any more so i dont have it but the blue tooth i do have and would like to keep. now as far as the logic 7 goes i do have that so i would have to run new wires to the speakers? and i wonder if there will be a sound loss to the change??

i know its kind of repetitive from other post just want to be sure before i shell out the cash for it.
Quote:
The same reason this unit is not compatible with the OEM Logic7 system is the same reason it is not compatible with Assist - or with OEM Sirius, OEM CD Changer or OEM USB for that matter: this unit is not a MOST hub as it is the OEM HU. It does not have any digital inputs or outputs.

This unit is an aftermarket HU/Nav. It is not designed to interface with any OEM MOST device in your car, only to the MFSW thru the CAN bus.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2010, 07:57 PM   #68
woodpecka
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E91

nice work!

how about the steering function and Bluetooth?

how about the part fitting?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2010, 08:24 PM   #69
Sergio-K
Enlisted Member
Greece
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine328i View Post
Regular FM.

Sergio,
How do you utilize the OEM mic? I would like to do this before i finish running the wire for the one included with the kit?

And agreed on the BMW Assist. I had paid the fee for the year and last week i locked my keys in my car and they tried to remote unlock twice and neither worked when my car was in an open parking lot. Cancelled it immediately.
I really don't know either. I remember i saw a thread somewhere in E46 Fanatics forum and somebody stated that he didn't attached the bluetooth mic included with Dynavin but used his BMW built in mic.
I think that Jeffb325 might give us a clue !
      12-12-2010, 09:02 PM   #70
boostd92
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M-Sport

Garage List
How is the boot up time? I have a Pioneer Avic F710bt in my winter beater and it has all the same functions, touchscreen, etc but my one pet peeve is that WinCE systems take forever to boot up (especially if you have an active bluetooth phone pairing everytime). Radio/CD will play within a few seconds, but if you want USB/SD/Ipod music it takes a good solid minute after starting the car.

Also, I've found that if you're out running errands and making multiple stops, sometimes starting/restarting the WinCE units can make them hang up or not come on at all. My unit is a couple years old though, wondering if they've made improvements in this department.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2010, 10:08 PM   #71
Alpine328i
Noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: Graduated to a 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio-K View Post
I really don't know either. I remember i saw a thread somewhere in E46 Fanatics forum and somebody stated that he didn't attached the bluetooth mic included with Dynavin but used his BMW built in mic.
I think that Jeffb325 might give us a clue !
Im willing to bet he was talking about the built in mic in the Dynavin. It has a mic built into the faceplate but i have found its not as good as a mounted external one. Could be wrong though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostd92
How is the boot up time? I have a Pioneer Avic F710bt in my winter beater and it has all the same functions, touchscreen, etc but my one pet peeve is that WinCE systems take forever to boot up (especially if you have an active bluetooth phone pairing everytime). Radio/CD will play within a few seconds, but if you want USB/SD/Ipod music it takes a good solid minute after starting the car.

Also, I've found that if you're out running errands and making multiple stops, sometimes starting/restarting the WinCE units can make them hang up or not come on at all. My unit is a couple years old though, wondering if they've made improvements in this department.
Most of the functions of the unit are not run through the windows CE. The CE only powers the nav, the rest is on a different chip and processor so its boot time is very fast.

Also i have noticed that in these newest units the CE doesnt stop running. In my old Dynavin unit the nav software would have to be started every time you started the car if you wanted to use it and it would take a bit to load, but today when i clicked nav it was already open so i think they may have found a solution to this. I will check again tomorrow to see if im findings are correct.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2010, 11:39 PM   #72
sroghen
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopeStance View Post
so if you dont have or use bmw assist, the NAVI is error free?
Is it a yes to this question or too early to say??
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 05:06 AM   #73
Tredvesone
Private
Rep
Drives: E82

Hi and thanks for all the pictures and information so far! Looks good.

How long was the installation? And was it plug&play?

I have seen some papers for the installation, and you have to do something inside the glove box etc. for the power! Is this true or false? Really hope not!

Thanks again and subscribed!
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 05:16 AM   #74
Sergio-K
Enlisted Member
Greece
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tredvesone View Post
Hi and thanks for all the pictures and information so far! Looks good.

How long was the installation? And was it plug&play?

I have seen some papers for the installation, and you have to do something inside the glove box etc. for the power! Is this true or false? Really hope not!

Thanks again and subscribed!

The only thing you want to do in the glove box is to have probably 1 or 2 USB ports, AV and iPod cables.
As long as you don't want these on your glove box then there is no need and not a Requirement for installation to drill a hole there.
      12-13-2010, 05:43 AM   #75
Tredvesone
Private
Rep

Thanks Sergio-K. That is what I wanna hear
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 08:25 AM   #76
Alpine328i
Noob
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroghen View Post
Is it a yes to this question or too early to say??
I dont think its a matter of whether or not you use the BMW Assist, its if your car is equipped. If its not, then error free!

I am going to look into something to possible keep it from displaying the error.

Also it does require you to run a constant 12v wire to the fusebox, thus why it requires to get behind the glove box.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 08:41 AM   #77
E90jonno
STANCE YOUR RIDE!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90

I really want to get one of this unit for my E90 anyone know if you can get one in england?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 09:15 AM   #78
dreme
Dreme
Spain
Rep
Drives: skoda fabia

why the inferior part is out? think fit is not good
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 09:21 AM   #79
Tredvesone
Private
Rep

If you look at these images. I believe this is true then. About the glove box question.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n...erio/01-70.jpg

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n...erio/02-62.jpg
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 09:29 AM   #80
Alpine328i
Noob
United_States
Rep

Quote:
If you look at these images. I believe this is true then. About the glove box question.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n...erio/01-70.jpg

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n...erio/02-62.jpg
Right, you only need to get to the fusebox to get the 12V. This just requires you to take out the panel in the back of the glove box. You do not need to actually remove the whole unit itself or drill any holes.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 11:02 AM   #81
Sergio-K
Enlisted Member
Greece
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90jonno View Post
I really want to get one of this unit for my E90 anyone know if you can get one in england?
http://www.dynavin.co.uk/contact.php

Quote:
Nothing is happening INSIDE the glove box if you don't want to !!!
      12-13-2010, 11:47 AM   #82
dreme
Dreme
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreme View Post
why the inferior part is out? think fit is not good
any answer to my question?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 12:01 PM   #83
Tredvesone
Private
Rep

Sorry... I ment behind the glove box. But I got it now My bad!

Anyway, seems like a easy fit!
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 01:06 PM   #84
Alpine328i
Noob
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreme View Post
any answer to my question?
The fit is perfect in my opinion. The unit does stick out at the bottom, but Dynavin did this intentionally instead of having your AC controls curve back inward and not be straight up and down. I will get more pictures of the difference, its not like there is a gap. They made sure it all is closed up both on the sides and bottom.

I have to say i am impressed with how well this unit was thought out and engineered for our cars.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 01:19 PM   #85
Tredvesone
Private
Rep

Sounds great Alpine. Looking forward to read/see the DIY!
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 01:20 PM   #86
jeffb325
Rep
Drives: BMW

Hi, I think somebody said my name.....

If you have been looking into Dynavin you probably know who I am, it looks like you guys are doing a pretty good job of figuring things out on your own but but I should be able to answer any questions you might have about the dynavin. You can also check out the Dynavin FAQ:http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=803437 I can answer all the questions you might have but just to be clear, I am not a sponsor of this forum and as such cant do any commercial posts, so lets keep things informative and keep the sales talk elsewhere. Im glad that we are starting to see some of these installed....

Last edited by jeffb325; 12-13-2010 at 01:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2010, 01:56 PM   #87
Sergio-K
Enlisted Member
Greece
Rep

Hi Jeff.

Good of you for stepping by.

I think you can help a lot either way.
      12-13-2010, 03:17 PM   #88
dreme
Dreme
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine328i View Post
The fit is perfect in my opinion. The unit does stick out at the bottom, but Dynavin did this intentionally instead of having your AC controls curve back inward and not be straight up and down. I will get more pictures of the difference, its not like there is a gap. They made sure it all is closed up both on the sides and bottom.

I have to say i am impressed with how well this unit was thought out and engineered for our cars.
it's good news. Please post close photos of this part when you can
Appreciate 0