E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > E91 LCI Manual RWD M-Sport Wagon - Unicorn Salvage

07-12-2021, 11:18 AM   #1
loooooongROOFS
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 6-spd RWD

E91 LCI Manual RWD M-Sport Wagon - Unicorn Salvage

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
I have a SALVAGE title E91 Manual RWD wagon in Montego Blue with the Dakota/oyster interior, no iDrive, sport seats, panorama roof, adaptive Xeon headlights, parking sensors, and shadow line (black instead of chrome) exterior trim. ~130k miles.

A real unicorn!

It will be missed, but it's time for me to move on. I bought this car in May 2015 with 97k miles on it in Phoenix AZ. I have done ~10 track days with this car. I fucking loved taking a wagon to the track. Car was garage kept until the last 3 years.

The interior is in great shape, just moderate wear on the driver left bolster and little chips around the start/stop button and buttons on the wheel. I legit don't think I have a single picture of the interior...

I am ~400 miles away from the car as the incident occurred on a road trip, so I'm unable to provide further inspection or pictures.

The recent accident is mostly just plastic - I was merging a lane over in stopped traffic and was 1/3rd over when a truck didn't notice I was merging and peeled my headlight and bumper out at 5 mph. Unfortunately, the truck had a kickboard that whacked my wheel and bent the subframe and skipped some steering rack teeth.

This is all I know about the suspension damage, which I received verbally from the insurance adjuster. The car had no leaking fluids, no airbags, no cracked glass, and I drove it ~1/4 mile to a parking lot.

The good news:
Parts:
- 330i Intake manifold and Turner Motorsports tune for +25hp
- [BMW Performance Suspension - shocks, struts, and anti-roll bars](https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-5...front-swaybar/) for a 1" drop from standard wagon and 0.5" drop from sport package - perfect daily height
- Square OEM 286 wheel setup (ie, OEM 286 17x8.5" rear wheels all around)

Maintenance:
- Wagon has been well cared for! No leaks, no error codes, nothing in need of attention.
- Clutch, flywheel, throw out bearing, shifter bushings, shift shaft seal at rear of trans all replaced at 127k
- Front thrust arm bushings, front brake discs and pad, rear brake discs and pads, replaced aftermarket coolant expansion tank with OEM, coolant bled and filled at ~125k
- Valve cover and gaskets, spark plugs, accessory pulley and belt, cracked crank case vent hose, busted rear latch button, front ABS sensor, windshield washer pump, passenger door handle trim (gets sticky with age) all replace between 123k-125k
- Brake fluid drain and fill, front left control arm, coolant drain and fill, blower motor, recalls addressed at 122k
- Front wheel bearings replaced at ~115k
- Oil pan gasket, oil filter gasket, oil level sender and gasket replaced, power steering drain and fill and adjust clamps ~110k
- Oil changes at approximate 4k - 7k intervals, all synthetic, intervals depending on usage (shorter intervals when I was tracking it), usually by me, sometimes at shop
-Air filter changes ~ every 1.5 years
- Trans and diff fluid replaced at approx 100k, trans replaced again at 130k

The bad news:
At ~120k I spun in the wet during a trackday at Laguna Seca and the front right and rear right corners lightly kissed a wall. No cracked glass, no airbags, car re-aligned well after, etc etc. The front right paint has held up well, but the rear quarter panel paint was poorly finished and is chipping. I only have the one picture of the peeling paint.

Post crash repairs:

Cracking paint 2 years later:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I can apply $150 towards your tow. If you are close and and can get my cargo box and bike rack back to me, I'll take $400 off. I have no use for the crossbars anymore.

Time is of the essence, as the insurance company is still holding it. I think I can stall through the end of the week, so deal needs to be done by 7/17.

Appreciate 0
      07-12-2021, 01:03 PM   #2
b1aze
Just one more taste...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i 6MT MSport

Sorry but am I missing something? I don’t think it’s MSport
      07-12-2021, 09:55 PM   #3
loooooongROOFS
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1aze View Post
Sorry but am I missing something? I don’t think it’s MSport
Eh, I'm just confused. VIN options check and PO original post say that it has the M-Sport suspension, but I guess not the M-Sport visual package that usually refers to. Didn't realize/forgot there was a difference, it's been a while.

Irrelevant now that suspension is no longer on. PO had replaced the suspension with H&R, which I disliked and put the BMW Performance kit on.

Whoops. Last time I dug into the options details was 6 years ago when I bought this thing.

Can I edit the title to reflect this?

Last edited by loooooongROOFS; 07-12-2021 at 09:56 PM.. Reason: oops
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2021, 04:48 AM   #4
M-technik-3
Major
Rep
Drives: E30 M3, E36 M3, 328iT, 335i

Garage List
1995 M3  [9.00]
2007 E91  [7.25]
1988 M3  [9.50]
I am out did not realize it had a light interior, Wanted black or another dark color. I mainly wanted the drivetrain as it's a manual so not much in the difficulty range in swapping from slushbox to a stick when you have a complete donor car.

GLWS, and sad to see it this way. Maybe someone can rebuild it for low bucks and make it it into a N54 or M57 car.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2021, 03:30 PM   #5
loooooongROOFS
United_States
Rep

Going through old pics / videos, hahaha:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/beZ8NpBCdiRLSPgz6
Appreciate 1
      07-13-2021, 03:32 PM   #6
loooooongROOFS
United_States
Rep

Post asked for the zip code, so I thought that would show here, but I guess not.

I am located in the Boston area, the car is located near Rehoboth Beach, DE.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2021, 08:17 PM   #7
AggieZig
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E91 328xi

Garage List
Man, no kidding about time being of the essence, they are already getting ready for you over at IAAI...

https://www.iaai.com/vehicledetails/40450936

I sure hope someone buys this and the car gets to live another life!
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 07:45 AM   #8
NOKO
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E91, E36M3, G05

Garage List
1995 BMW M3  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Beautiful touring! Hopefully someone on here picks this up and restores to its former glory! GLWS
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 01:29 PM   #9
loooooongROOFS
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieZig View Post
Man, no kidding about time being of the essence, they are already getting ready for you over at IAAI...

https://www.iaai.com/vehicledetails/40450936

I sure hope someone buys this and the car gets to live another life!
Damn, I have not agreed to anything yet! We only finished arguing about the value at the end of last week!

At least they added some much needed interior photos.

See that link for interior shots. Hit the 360 view, it shows the interior the best.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2021, 12:59 PM   #10
loooooongROOFS
United_States
Rep

Pending sale.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2021, 02:09 PM   #11
TyroneShoelaces
Captain
Rep
Drives: E91 N54 swapped

If someone does get it and it's at the auction yard already DO NOT let them bring it out with a loader. Rip the bumper off if it means driving it out. My wagon from the auction yard they put the fork through the positive battery cable. Fortunately the battery was dead but damage none the less.

Hopefully someone can get it direct from the seller and save the 1k in fees the auction it will cost.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2021, 10:36 AM   #12
loooooongROOFS
United_States
Rep

SOLD
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2021, 08:26 AM   #13
winnibago
Long Roof
United_States
Rep
Drives: Automobiles

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by loooooongROOFS View Post
SOLD
I'm glad to see this unicorn will continue to live a new life.

I'm trying to gauge the current value of long roofs (especially unicorn builds) - Are you able to share the details of the sale price vs. insurance #? (PM works too). Values are all "wonky" due to the pandemic.

2006 E91 Msport "330xiT" ---- 2009 997.2 Launch ---- 2019 G05 Msport w/ 3rdRow
Appreciate 0