E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Bought a 2008 335i with frame rail damage

06-24-2020, 10:20 AM   #133
mightgodn54
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightgodn54 View Post
I thought it was easier to reach ?
I mean it will give you more clearance, but not needed on a RWD, Xi for sure.

Don't replace the turbos unless they are rattling or visibly leaking oil all over, waste of money unless it's needed.
I wanted to make more hp later on like around 100k that's why I said I wanted to replace the t-stat and water pump around that time also lol
      06-24-2020, 12:16 PM   #134
humblek3y
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 550i

Love the build! People click this thread just to say waste of money. Miserable. It’s thousand of people that buy wrecked cars and rebuild for fun, whether it’s to flip or just to have something to do. Just because you think it’s a waste of money doesn’t mean it actually is. You are but just a opinion, and a wasted one at that
Appreciate 2
      06-24-2020, 12:54 PM   #135
iqraceworks
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by humblek3y View Post
Love the build! People click this thread just to say waste of money. Miserable. It’s thousand of people that buy wrecked cars and rebuild for fun, whether it’s to flip or just to have something to do. Just because you think it’s a waste of money doesn’t mean it actually is. You are but just a opinion, and a wasted one at that
I think it's really cool that someone is going to all the trouble to restore that car after it's been smashed......it's a lot of work, but I do understand that it's going to be pretty cool to know you brought it back from the dead.

As far as it being a waste of money or not....I guess it all depends. If that "I brought it back from the dead" feeling it worth an extra $2-3K, tons of labor, and a savaged title....then go for it

Cool thread though....it's interesting to see the issues you are running into...and how you are fixing them. If you need any stock parts, post up what you are looking for....I have a bunch of stock parts off of my 07' 335i that are just laying around and collecting dust.
2007 335i, BMS DCI, BMS Chargepipe w/Tial BOV, ARM Catless Downpipes, silicone inlets, Bilstein B12 Prokit Suspension, Whiteline subframe bushings, Front/Rear M3 control arms, G-Plus FMIC, Stage 2 LPFP, Custom E40 tune by Justin (V8Bait), xHP stage 3 transmission flash, RB Two Turbos....10.90 @ 128mph
Appreciate 3
      06-25-2020, 12:22 PM   #136
mightgodn54
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Update #6?

I got both airbags in but something isn't clicking I guess. I have a barvarian technician diagnostic tool to reset the air bags. That worked then i checked you see if they're were other codes, then the air bag codes came back. I know I hooked up everything right Idk codes and stuff really isn't in my ball game since I live in Philadelphia I'm going to take it VAC motor sports to deal with this coding stuff. There is some other codes I'll put them all up and let me know what you guys think. Also got the door today weights a ton. At least I'm about 60% finished with everything. Was going to get the wrap today instead I'm going to get the headlights first- they are aftermarket headlights and they will probably throw up a adaptive headlight code so I'll just let vac deal l with this coding stuff. 🙄
Attached Images

06-25-2020, 12:46 PM   #137
mightgodn54
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I did get a 30ff boost leak low boost code earlier today but I reset that and it hasn't come back on yet so that good am happy about that. I'm not trying to be negative but now I am tired of tired of working on this car a bit lol at least it's all most over
      06-25-2020, 12:51 PM   #138
iqraceworks
Brigadier General
Rep

Check your seat belt latches where the buckle plugs in (I think they call it a tensioner). There is a charge in there that will fire when in an accident, pulling the belt tight. If they have been triggered, they will need to be replaced if you want to get rid of the airbag light. OR...you can use the Bimmergeeks PROTOOL app to disable the airbag light.

You can buy used belt latches off of ebay for pretty cheap...just make sure they haven't been fired off.
2007 335i, BMS DCI, BMS Chargepipe w/Tial BOV, ARM Catless Downpipes, silicone inlets, Bilstein B12 Prokit Suspension, Whiteline subframe bushings, Front/Rear M3 control arms, G-Plus FMIC, Stage 2 LPFP, Custom E40 tune by Justin (V8Bait), xHP stage 3 transmission flash, RB Two Turbos....10.90 @ 128mph
Appreciate 1
      06-25-2020, 12:56 PM   #139
mightgodn54
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iqraceworks View Post
Check your seat belt latches where the buckle plugs in (I think they call it a tensioner). There is a charge in there that will fire when in an accident, pulling the belt tight. If they have been triggered, they will need to be replaced if you want to get rid of the airbag light. OR...you can use the Bimmergeeks PROTOOL app to disable the airbag light.

You can buy used belt latches off of ebay for pretty cheap...just make sure they haven't been fired off.
Yes I am aware of the seat belt tensioner they're done. They are crumpled up so I know they need to be replace LOL
      06-25-2020, 01:14 PM   #140
iqraceworks
Brigadier General
Rep

Ok....I was just letting you know because you said the airbag codes keep coming back, and I'm pretty sure those being bad/fired will trigger the airbag codes......or at least they will trigger the airbag light on the dash.
Appreciate 1
      06-25-2020, 01:16 PM   #141
mightgodn54
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ok....I was just letting you know because you said the airbag codes keep coming back, and I'm pretty sure those being bad/fired will trigger the airbag codes......or at least they will trigger the airbag light on the dash.
Yea your definitely right. I'm just tired of dealing with the little bs like error codes. That grinds my gears LOL
      06-25-2020, 01:38 PM   #142
Bimmer_Engineer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yea your definitely right. I'm just tired of dealing with the little bs like error codes. That grinds my gears LOL
This may not be the car for you if you don't like dealing with error codes...

Appreciate 1
      06-25-2020, 06:25 PM   #143
mightgodn54
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer_Engineer View Post
Quote:
This may not be the car for you if you don't like dealing with error codes...

Lol it was kinda frustrating a bit but I understand now what's going so I don't think I should see those error codes again after I replace the seat belt tensioners
      06-28-2020, 09:40 AM   #144
halik008
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
Hey guys forgot to upload this yesterday but I did get the 135 strut put on. Drove it about 5 mins and got a flat. (I'm Ik a dumbass for that) car runs good went very smoothly thru every gear Started to take off the dashboard to replace the passenger air bag. Also I broke the clock spring in steering column I was moving too fast and forgot to take out those wire connectors. Going to have to get a new one next week it's all good though you live n you learn LOL

not to rain on your parade but the suspension geometry is still totally jacked up. Wheel sits way too far back in the wheel well...
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2020, 08:12 AM   #145
Wolf 335
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Any updates?
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2020, 10:21 AM   #146
raptorman5174
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i 6 speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Considering you can get one is for $5K that hasn’t been wrecked, the math isn’t adding up for me.
+1

I'm all about the project, I bought my car for less then $4000 and it was a MESS but was able to get it sorted and is now a solid daily driver.

I personally wouldn't have taken on this project but it's fun watching you do it so I will leave you with this.

Good Luck and don't forget to have fun when your wrenching. Always do a search for used parts before you buy new, like that strut was a good find. Plenty of these cars out there to pick apart.

Sensors and or Solenoids would be the only thing that I would consider buying new OEM. It will save you time and headaches on your project

Good Luck and I look forward to seeing the progress here.

Last edited by raptorman5174; 07-08-2020 at 10:45 AM..
Appreciate 1
      07-09-2020, 12:37 PM   #147
iqraceworks
Brigadier General
Rep

It's been a few weeks now.....any updates on your progress??
Appreciate 1
      07-09-2020, 01:01 PM   #148
Nickco43
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 BMW M3

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
I got both airbags in but something isn't clicking I guess. I have a barvarian technician diagnostic tool to reset the air bags. That worked then i checked you see if they're were other codes, then the air bag codes came back. I know I hooked up everything right Idk codes and stuff really isn't in my ball game since I live in Philadelphia I'm going to take it VAC motor sports to deal with this coding stuff. There is some other codes I'll put them all up and let me know what you guys think. Also got the door today weights a ton. At least I'm about 60% finished with everything. Was going to get the wrap today instead I'm going to get the headlights first- they are aftermarket headlights and they will probably throw up a adaptive headlight code so I'll just let vac deal l with this coding stuff. ��
Where did you get your airbags from? A lot of people on eBay will sell "new" airbags with an aftermarket cover shoved on a blown airbag. If you need to pass inspection you can literally code all of the airbags and SRS stuff out.
Appreciate 1
      07-09-2020, 01:45 PM   #149
mightgodn54
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Sorry 4 the wait guys life's been hectic. I got a new windshield installed. Installed a new door. Got the front bumper on but didn't put the bumper guide back on so it's not exactly right. Didn't start wrapping it yet I got the wrap but the guy sent me the totally wrong size i said 8ft by 5ft but this guy sent me a 1x5fy so I decided to let someone paint it because the amount of time I waited for the wrap and to send the one I got back and wait for the right size it's not worth it... Also changed the oil to royal purple heard a lot of good news about it put in 7 liters. Started it sounds and runs good. Also the wrap was NARDO grey I'm pretty sure you've seen it before probably too many times. But like I said the amount of wait times and bs from the seller of wrap I'm just going to get it painted black.
      07-09-2020, 01:47 PM   #150
mightgodn54
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I don't know why the photos aren't uploading going to try to send them separately
      07-09-2020, 02:08 PM   #151
iqraceworks
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Sorry 4 the wait guys life's been hectic. I got a new windshield installed. Installed a new door. Got the front bumper on but didn't put the bumper guide back on so it's not exactly right. Didn't start wrapping it yet I got the wrap but the guy sent me the totally wrong size i said 8ft by 5ft but this guy sent me a 1x5fy so I decided to let someone paint it because the amount of time I waited for the wrap and to send the one I got back and wait for the right size it's not worth it... Also changed the oil to royal purple heard a lot of good news about it put in 7 liters. Started it sounds and runs good. Also the wrap was NARDO grey I'm pretty sure you've seen it before probably too many times. But like I said the amount of wait times and bs from the seller of wrap I'm just going to get it painted black.
Wow.....if they do it right and paint all of the door jams, inside the trunk lid, engine compartment, etc, etc.....that's going to cost you a lot of money. Around my area of the country, it's an easy $3,000+ to change the color of a car if you take it to a reputable shop.

Sure, there are guys that will do it for $1,000.....but it looks like crap, and in 8 months it's peeling off. I hope you didn't go the ultra cheap route......
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2020, 01:08 PM   #152
mightgodn54
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Wow.....if they do it right and paint all of the door jams, inside the trunk lid, engine compartment, etc, etc.....that's going to cost you a lot of money. Around my area of the country, it's an easy $3,000+ to change the color of a car if you take it to a reputable shop.

Sure, there are guys that will do it for $1,000.....but it looks like crap, and in 8 months it's peeling off. I hope you didn't go the ultra cheap route......
I'm just going to get the front the bumper painted along with the fender that's needs paint. I still am going to vinyl wrap it but I will attempt that probably next month
      07-11-2020, 05:18 PM   #153
iqraceworks
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I'm just going to get the front the bumper painted along with the fender that's needs paint. I still am going to vinyl wrap it but I will attempt that probably next month
I thought you said you were getting it painted black? The rest of the car is red? Why would you paint the bumper and fender black and leave the rest of the car red?
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2020, 05:25 PM   #154
mightgodn54
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I thought you said you were getting it painted black? The rest of the car is red? Why would you paint the bumper and fender black and leave the rest of the car red?
I meant to say red LOL I apologize... my mistake