E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Things you didnt know about your 3 series.

04-18-2022, 01:13 AM   #2267
Sparkles
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 2010 328i e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serf27 View Post
You need to code that option.
On my e93 the fob will open the top if I hold the unlock button/CA handle or close the top/fold the mirrors if I lock it or hold the handle.
You can also code the top to close/open in motion at low speeds.

There’s also a small compartment in the rear seat.

I think I found the rear seat compartment, near the rear cup holders? Very small. I can open and close the top with the fob no problem, it just doesn’t do the mirrors, which doesn’t bother me because I’m rarely in a tight spot I’d need that. Also, the fold down back seat storage area took me by surprise when it was black carpet as others I’d seen were fully carpet matched to the car. I have gray interior and the back side of the fold down, with the pass through is gray carpet like the rest of the car, but the backside of the seat, the part that folds down is black, which is a nice don’t show dirt option. It’s a great area for groceries with the top down. I’ve even used the bag clips so they don’t slide around.

Oh, one other thing about the car…you can see where it’s been if you aren’t the original owner and have nav. You can look up the previous drives, my last car even had “home” programmed in so I could’ve driven to its last owner’s local house if I wanted.

Last edited by Sparkles; 04-18-2022 at 01:27 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2022, 01:27 AM   #2268
Serf27
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkles View Post
I think I found the rear seat compartment, near the rear cup holders? Very small. I can open and close the top with the fob no problem, it just doesn’t do the mirrors, which doesn’t bother me because I’m rarely in a tight spot I’d need that. Also, the fold down back seat storage area took me by surprise when it was black carpet as others I’d seen were fully carpet matched to the car. I have gray interior and the back side of the fold down, with the pass through is gray carpet like the rest of the car, but the backside of the seat, the part that folds down is black, which is a nice don’t show dirt option. It’s a great area for groceries with the top down. I’ve even used the bag clips so they don’t slide around.

Oh, one other thing about the car…you can see where it’s been if you aren’t the original owner and have nav. You can look up the previous drives, my last car even had “home” programmed in so I could’ve driven to its last owner’s house if I wanted.
Yea, that small area by the cup holders. I’m not sure what my rear passengers would want to put there anyways
I never fold the mirrors due to tight space, it just looks better when parked. LOL.

The small holes on the rear passenger inner panels are for the wind deflector. I don’t have one, but heard they help with the top down.

1 thing I hate about the E93 is how short the sun visors are. They hardly block out the sun. They don’t really have a designated area to sit into though, so I’m thinking of putting some E90 visors in it.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2022, 03:39 AM   #2269
Dx11
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkles View Post
A really dumb favorite feature between putting down the top on the E93 and on the E46, is the e93 doesn’t automatically roll up the windows after you put the top down. I love this!

Oh another thing my e93 doesn’t do is fold in the auto mirrors or put up the windows when I touch the CA handle to lock my car. Not a biggy, just saying different models, years, and packages do different things. So read and enjoy!
On the e93 you can code in both of those options. Google bimmercode.
Appreciate 1
      04-18-2022, 03:43 AM   #2270
Dx11
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
The small holes on the rear passenger inner panels are for the wind deflector. I don’t have one, but heard they help with the top down.
It helps a massive amount. It really changes the experience from losing hats to a comfortable almost non-convertible feeling.

Quote:
1 thing I hate about the E93 is how short the sun visors are. They hardly block out the sun. They don’t really have a designated area to sit into though, so I’m thinking of putting some E90 visors in it.
There's a reason for them being that short. First of all the window is pretty low so you can't have them too low or you'll block a lot of your vision. Second when the roof is open the sun visors shouldn't be sticking out behind the window line. With the e93 visors you can for instance still put your hand on top of the roof line. If you have longer ones it would look stupid and would be in the way sometimes.

And if you drive topless and never put your hand up, you're really missing out.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2022, 11:39 AM   #2271
Sparkles
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 2010 328i e93

Quote:
Yea, that small area by the cup holders. I’m not sure what my rear passengers would want to put there anyways
I never fold the mirrors due to tight space, it just looks better when parked. LOL.

I figured that spot holds rubber bands for their hair? A gum wrapper holder? It’s seriously useless, lol. I do have a wind deflector, it’s one of the first things I added, though sometimes I fold it down for full wind. I do like it can fold/stow in trunk. I don’t like how anyone could take it because it isn’t locked in place by the back deck cover like the e46.

Need a visor I like to wear because I don’t want to wear one. One that clips to sunglasses would be perfect as midday sun gets behind my sunglasses (fitted wrap rx ones). FWP.

I do like the nav screen is somewhat viewable though polarized glasses, unlike the e46, so the screen is obviously a bit better.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2022, 05:51 PM   #2272
joshhhua.__
Rep
Drives: 2008 bmw 335xi

HELP!!

hey everyone! I have a 2008 bmw 335xi
I was driving one day and all of the sudden my audio completely stopped working. I have checked the fiber optics and they all work up to the front of the car. I have disconnected the battery and let the car reset and checked all the fuses. still no sound and I have zero clue what it could be. I have no sound even with the seatbelts off and if I leave my key in the car. I also charged the battery and it read full because I read the car could have gone into power conservative mode. any info would be greatly appreciated
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2022, 12:06 AM   #2273
Dx11
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshhhua.__ View Post
HELP!!

hey everyone! I have a 2008 bmw 335xi
I was driving one day and all of the sudden my audio completely stopped working. I have checked the fiber optics and they all work up to the front of the car. I have disconnected the battery and let the car reset and checked all the fuses. still no sound and I have zero clue what it could be. I have no sound even with the seatbelts off and if I leave my key in the car. I also charged the battery and it read full because I read the car could have gone into power conservative mode. any info would be greatly appreciated
OPEN YOUR OWN THREAD jeez.
Appreciate 2
      06-12-2022, 09:46 PM   #2274
Brian86
Captain
Rep
Drives: e36 M3, e91 325xi, N50 Xterra

It may already be here on the prior 5 pages...

But I just found out my wagon will illuminate the left side only, or right side only, marker lights with the car shut off. Only turns on one rear tail, and the city light inside the highbeam.

I thought that was reserved for German market cars. Seems somebody forgot to disable it in the 2005 builds. It's trivial, but a neat feature. I might even use it occasionally just because it's nerdy and cool.
      06-14-2022, 09:52 PM   #2275
krhodes1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i Wagon

Garage List
2011 128i  [10.00]
2011 BMW 328i Touring  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian86 View Post
It may already be here on the prior 5 pages...

But I just found out my wagon will illuminate the left side only, or right side only, marker lights with the car shut off. Only turns on one rear tail, and the city light inside the highbeam.

I thought that was reserved for German market cars. Seems somebody forgot to disable it in the 2005 builds. It's trivial, but a neat feature. I might even use it occasionally just because it's nerdy and cool.
Works just fine on my 2011 too. And I do use it when parking on narrow streets when I am in Portland, ME in the summer.

'11 328! Touring - Tasman on Chestnut, 6spd manual, factory upside-down "i" option
'11 128i Convertible - Space Gray on Savannah Beige, 6spd manual,
also '14 Mercedes-Benz E350 wagon, '95 Land Rover Discovery, '74 Triumph Spitfire
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2022, 04:33 AM   #2276
Dx11
Lieutenant
Rep

I'm pretty sure all of them have that. It's literally in the US manual, page 112, under "roadside parking lamps".

BTW if you read the manual, you will also find that about 80% of this thread is in there. However for some strange reason not many people like reading the manual when they get a car.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2022, 12:30 PM   #2277
Brian86
Captain
Rep

Owners manual ?!?!?!

It's got three pedals, a wheel and a lever. Those are the important things, and I know how they work... Mostly.

The rest is fluff surprises or annoyances.
      06-18-2022, 05:54 PM   #2278
old phart
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4 E85

If you lift your wipers off the windscreen so they poke out and drive they will swat away bugs before they hit the glass.
Appreciate 1
Mike K314.50
      12-02-2022, 08:02 PM   #2279
Brian86
Captain
Rep

If you switch your language from US English to UK English it will calculate your miles-per-gallon fuel efficiency based on a UK gallon, which is only about 3/4 the size of a US gallon.
      12-02-2022, 08:05 PM   #2280
krhodes1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i Wagon

Garage List
2011 128i  [10.00]
2011 BMW 328i Touring  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian86 View Post
If you switch your language from US English to UK English it will calculate your miles-per-gallon fuel efficiency based on a UK gallon, which is only about 3/4 the size of a US gallon.
Other way around, a UK gallon is bigger than a US gallon.

'11 328! Touring - Tasman on Chestnut, 6spd manual, factory upside-down "i" option
'11 128i Convertible - Space Gray on Savannah Beige, 6spd manual,
also '14 Mercedes-Benz E350 wagon, '95 Land Rover Discovery, '74 Triumph Spitfire
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2023, 08:53 AM   #2281
Limpdick
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 320d ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesegal99 View Post
Here's a good one I just found out today on my own:

If you have the lights set to auto and you want them on during the day, just tap the fog lights button.....all lights come on.
I don't need to do that on my 2010 320d. MY car thinks the auto setting means lights on all the time. It can be bright sunshine, lights on. Middle of the night, lights on.
I think it may be confused...
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2023, 01:26 PM   #2282
Dx11
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limpdick View Post
I don't need to do that on my 2010 320d. MY car thinks the auto setting means lights on all the time. It can be bright sunshine, lights on. Middle of the night, lights on.
I think it may be confused...
You can fix that by changing the light sensitivity option. Problem is, that option doesn't exist if you have idrive, but you can code it in, I did it with bimmercode expert mode but don't remember what i had to code in sorry, it's findable somewhere on this forum though. Anyway, if you don't have idrive, this is how you change it:

If you do have idrive, find the thread that explains how to get the light sensitivity option visible in your cluster, it absolutely is possible. And no it's not only the 3 things he shows on screen in the video, there's another 1 line that you have to enable.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2023, 10:17 AM   #2283
ThePaleAle
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturnal View Post
--------

by the way, It's the REST button
OMG - that is awesome. Always wondered what that button did!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2023, 12:01 PM   #2284
BRG_N54
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Green '07 & Arctic '08 335i's

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Exclamation Secret menu!

I just learned how to access the secret menu to monitor voltage. I could have saved a tow trip had I known about it a few weeks earlier.
Appreciate 0