E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest > Official 2008 BIG TEXAS Meet Thread, Sunday May 11th, 1:30p in Austin

04-11-2008, 12:16 AM   #111
Not Ur Avg 3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06' 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerix View Post
Here is the msg. I got from http://www.stettperformance.com

Thanks for sending the information on the meet in May. We will certainly be there for it. We will bring samplings of our brand new 335i turbo products for display and have several prizes to give away.
arite cool
me and Stett are tite (Chad)
ill give him a call tomarrow and see whats up. this is sweet
some guys who work at my dealership might also be comming, one for sure, so this is going to be a great turnaround from dallas
for Dallas caravan contact, i dont mind volunteering, or if not me (cuz im prob the youngest out of everyone comming from dallas lol), ill see if i can talk to Chad to be the leader.
      04-11-2008, 02:20 AM   #112
Aerix
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, Sport, Premium

Garage List
Way Cool

Chad is a great guy...I may be working with him on some wheels...

Down to earth...touch base...see you when you get here.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2008, 08:50 AM   #113
sidis
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe

aerix, why don't you come to one of the thursday dinner meets so we can all sit down and hammer out the details of what's going to happen. if this thing blows up to the direction it looks like it's headed, we're gonna need some management in dealing with hula hut, where to drive, etc... it seems you are bringing a lot to this thing and we're trying to finalize everything pretty soon.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2008, 09:49 AM   #114
shahils12
BALLER
Rep
Drives: 2K8 E93, 2K8 E60. N54s

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidis View Post
aerix, why don't you come to one of the thursday dinner meets so we can all sit down and hammer out the details of what's going to happen. if this thing blows up to the direction it looks like it's headed, we're gonna need some management in dealing with hula hut, where to drive, etc... it seems you are bringing a lot to this thing and we're trying to finalize everything pretty soon.
+1

I think you should come next thursday when we all meet, so we can meet face to face before the May 11 event. You seem to have a lot of contacts, and we'd like to hear more about it over dinner
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2008, 10:23 AM   #115
hockeynut
Private
Rep
Drives: '04 E46 330cic

If y'all want to get together soon, we are meeting on Sat April 11 @ 1pm in the IBM Austin parking lot:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=270161

Appreciate 0
      04-11-2008, 10:48 AM   #116
sidis
Private First Class
Rep

hockeynut, i won't be able to make it this weekend but would like to get on the mailing list for the monthly meets. i am shooting you a pm.

aerix, we're probably going to meet at bj's at brodie/290 next thursday so if you can make it, that would be great...
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2008, 01:11 PM   #117
livnlegacy
Original Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine E36 M3, 02 325iT

Garage List
o7 E90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeynut View Post
If y'all want to get together soon, we are meeting on Sat April 12 @ 1pm in the IBM Austin parking lot:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=270161

fixed...

and +1 on Aerix coming out next Thursday...
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2008, 01:37 PM   #118
Aerix
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hey Guys I would love to get together with you...but as far as planning I think livnlegacy is doing a good job. I don't want to step on anyone's toes here. I may have already done that, without even meaning to. I offered my assistance to livnlegacy if he needs some help with anything I am sure he will ask.

I guess what I am trying to say is I was just trying to make this something that we would all remember, and that wouldn't be just another get together...specially for those traveling from out of town.

Just trying to help out when I can. With that said I would like to get up with you guys in the next week or so, and thanks for the invite.

All The Best,

E
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2008, 01:53 PM   #119
sidis
Private First Class
Rep

no worries on the toe stepping...you aren't doing that at all. the more the merrier, and the more action, the better.

however, before everyone starts advertising a bunch of stuff going down that you've posted about, we should probably talk realistically and that would be a lot easier to do in person vs. just kind of off the cuff messageboard posting. i agree that making this thing into a huge, memorable event is the way everyone wants to go but you know, this being the internet an all...there is a history of people's board presence not translating well into the real world, especially for relative noobs like you and me. hopefully doesn't come off as anything personal.

if people from all over texas end up in austin thinking there are going to be vivid video strippers doing lines of coke off our hoods and chateau d'yquem baths with the ut pom squad and free dinan upgrades handed out to all the attendees...all the while it turns out it's just a couple of dorks that are too enthusiastic about their cars...people will be highly pissed and it won't be that great. plus, if this thing does blow up to be as huge and fun as it looks like it's headed, there are going to be a lot of people and the more people we can get together to try and manage something that big, the smoother and better it will go. and if we can figure out what each other are going to be bringing to this thing, the easier it is for each of us to figure out what others need to bring.

i think i've belabored the points enough, more than anything...we'd like to get another enthusiast out to the occasional thursday dinners. hopefully, you can make it next week. like i said, thursday night at bj's around 7pm. look forward to meeting you if you can make it...
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2008, 02:07 PM   #120
Aerix
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
no worries on the toe stepping...you aren't doing that at all. the more the merrier, and the more action, the better.

however, before everyone starts advertising a bunch of stuff going down that you've posted about, we should probably talk realistically and that would be a lot easier to do in person vs. just kind of off the cuff messageboard posting. i agree that making this thing into a huge, memorable event is the way everyone wants to go but you know, this being the internet an all...there is a history of people's board presence not translating well into the real world, especially for relative noobs like you and me. hopefully doesn't come off as anything personal.

if people from all over texas end up in austin thinking there are going to be vivid video strippers doing lines of coke off our hoods and chateau d'yquem baths with the ut pom squad and free dinan upgrades handed out to all the attendees...all the while it turns out it's just a couple of dorks that are too enthusiastic about their cars...people will be highly pissed and it won't be that great. plus, if this thing does blow up to be as huge and fun as it looks like it's headed, there are going to be a lot of people and the more people we can get together to try and manage something that big, the smoother and better it will go. and if we can figure out what each other are going to be bringing to this thing, the easier it is for each of us to figure out what others need to bring.

i think i've belabored the points enough, more than anything...we'd like to get another enthusiast out to the occasional thursday dinners. hopefully, you can make it next week. like i said, thursday night at bj's around 7pm. look forward to meeting you if you can make it...
I agree with everything you said...everything I have posted so far has been confirmed by a manager and or owner so I feel pretty good about it. But as you said, you never really know. As far as the vivid video strippers, etc...haha all I can say is it wouldn't have been my doing.. Anyway I will try to make it I need to look at my schedule. I have alot going on right now, I run two companies so I stay pretty busy.

I will let you know though.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2008, 02:29 PM   #121
akack79
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '18 F80 M3 ZCP

If no strippers, count me out.

j/k bored out of my mind, slow day at work.
      04-11-2008, 11:22 PM   #122
KlassiK335i
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 E90 TiAg 335i SSTT

Okay, my first post here and I didn't mean to wait 'til the very last minute, but count me in on this gathering. Bringing a guest with me and can't wait! Gonna try and get the fliers up tomorrow noturavg3...gotta get approval from top brass, but they look terriffic. Talk with ya'll soon.
      04-12-2008, 02:17 AM   #123
Aerix
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Welcome

Look forward to meeting you in May. It should be a good time pray for good weather.

Last edited by Aerix; 04-12-2008 at 02:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2008, 10:19 PM   #124
hockeynut
Private
Rep

Strippers? Damn, why did I go and get married 20 years ago?

Appreciate 0
      04-12-2008, 10:50 PM   #125
Aerix
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Don't Worry Your Not Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeynut View Post
Strippers? Damn, why did I go and get married 20 years ago?
Yea,

I live vicariously through these guys...give me a buzz tomorrow. We can discuss your meeting today...sorry guys I couldn't make it. Had to meet some friends for a B-Day party.

All The Best
      04-13-2008, 02:11 AM   #126
Not Ur Avg 3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
hmm... this meets gettn BIG
u guys in austin should somehow try to get some Fireworks for the meet...
fireworks compliment hooter chiks well
      04-13-2008, 03:12 AM   #127
Aerix
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Ur Avg 3 View Post
hmm... this meets gettn BIG
u guys in austin should somehow try to get some Fireworks for the meet...
fireworks compliment hooter chiks well
Maybe we should put them in your tail pipe...haha
      04-13-2008, 01:28 PM   #128
livnlegacy
Original Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine E36 M3, 02 325iT

Garage List
o7 E90 335i  [0.00]
OK, all the RSPVs are counted and it looks like the event should bring near 100 people or so....that's amazing! Much more than I ever intended or expected.

Special thanks to Aerix for coming thru here at the end with some BIG additions to the event. I've turned over obtaining the reservation at Hula Hut to Aerix (Eric) since he has all the inside info on those recent additions. Once I hear back from him, I'll update the first post here with the final info on everything. We are going to check on the Hooter's girls issue brought up by bimmerfest members yesterday....it may not be ok to invite them to Hula Hut...I've asked Eric to check on this.

I hope everyone is as excited as I am.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2008, 05:35 PM   #129
akack79
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '18 F80 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by livnlegacy View Post
OK, all the RSPVs are counted and it looks like the event should bring near 100 people or so....that's amazing! Much more than I ever intended or expected.

Special thanks to Aerix for coming thru here at the end with some BIG additions to the event. I've turned over obtaining the reservation at Hula Hut to Aerix (Eric) since he has all the inside info on those recent additions. Once I hear back from him, I'll update the first post here with the final info on everything. We are going to check on the Hooter's girls issue brought up by bimmerfest members yesterday....it may not be ok to invite them to Hula Hut...I've asked Eric to check on this.

04-13-2008, 07:55 PM   #130
hockeynut
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by akack79 View Post

Appreciate 0
      04-13-2008, 11:17 PM   #131
Not Ur Avg 3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
wordd
      04-14-2008, 02:29 PM   #132
08TXbimmer
Built to Fight
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 e90 Montego Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by livnlegacy View Post

Just tell them to put some clothes when we go inside to eat.
2008 Montego Blue - Sport - Logic7 - iPod - Black Kidney Grill - Black finisher rods - 15mm rear spacers - 20% tint all around - Muffler delete w/ Magnaflow tips - Color match amber delete - Color match roundels - CDV mod - Smoked LED repeater lights - 19" M3 rims - Blacklines
Appreciate 0