E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > Reinstall transfer case through bolt for trans crossbar question

08-27-2020, 09:26 PM   #1
ouderkirk
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

Garage List
Reinstall transfer case through bolt for trans crossbar question

I took the crossbar support off to replace the sealing sleeve.... fat hands.

To get the 18MM bolt out I let off on the jack I had supporting it and it dipped enough to pull the bolt and the support came down.

I have not started refilling the transmissions, but I can't seem to get it to sag enough with the jack completely off to get the bolt to run through the crossbar and transfercase.

I kind of tried to lift it enough to get the bolt in..... but that didn't feel right.

Any old pros out there that pull these all the time with a pro tip for me?

Sorry link didnt time stamp ..... go to 2 minutes in. He puts the bolt back in a 5 minutes, but I don't see how I can put it in backwards because of the different oil pan.

This is the exact bolt I am asking about, but not the same transmission pan:

Thank you

Last edited by ouderkirk; 08-27-2020 at 09:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2020, 10:36 PM   #2
relative4
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335xi E90 MT stage 1+

I can't specifically tell you the angle to set up, but I can tell you if you jack to the right height it will go through. Fiddle with it, and you'll find it.
A lot of people run the bolt through the other way and find that much easier. I've never found it necessary.
Appreciate 0