E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > UK Gearbox remap review

03-24-2015, 08:04 AM   #67
Si-M240i
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M240i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureHaze View Post
So are the D or DS modes usable with a hard throttle from a stop without jerking?
It works in D and DS mode. Mash it from a standstill and you are just pinned to your seat with an un ending supply of torque going straight to the rear wheels...1st and 2nd gear are quite a bit different for power delivery when mashing it to the floor
      03-31-2015, 09:31 PM   #68
Tiago
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si-335d View Post
It works in D and DS mode. Mash it from a standstill and you are just pinned to your seat with an un ending supply of torque going straight to the rear wheels...1st and 2nd gear are quite a bit different for power delivery when mashing it to the floor
Can you flash back to stock to be able to make some comparo vids showing sprints from standstill and kick down at cruising speeds?
      04-01-2015, 03:52 AM   #69
Si-M240i
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago
Quote:
Can you flash back to stock to be able to make some comparo vids showing sprints from standstill and kick down at cruising speeds?
Not keen on that really as although there is an improvement as soon as the map is put on, it keeps improving for 200 miles or so after before it's at its best. I don't really want to go through waiting 3 weeks to get the car back to how awesome it is right now. If for any reason I have to go back to stock for a dealer visit I will do it then but others that do more miles per week may have done it already by then
      04-02-2015, 05:56 PM   #70
RIOT G
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 330d

Any more updates on this? Looking to get it done, can't find much online seems to be relatively new mod.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2015, 01:55 AM   #71
Si-M240i
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focusrrx
Any more updates on this? Looking to get it done, can't find much online seems to be relatively new mod.
Replied to your message
      04-06-2015, 05:06 AM   #72
Tiago
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Not keen on that really as although there is an improvement as soon as the map is put on, it keeps improving for 200 miles or so after before it's at its best. I don't really want to go through waiting 3 weeks to get the car back to how awesome it is right now. If for any reason I have to go back to stock for a dealer visit I will do it then but others that do more miles per week may have done it already by then
It make sense in your case. Do you know if they can make a custom tcu software to match individual customer goals or is just software update like at the dealership?

There is available the hardware stuff for some time for our gearboxes. We just need someone to crack BMW tcu to be able to do something like this:

ZF 6 Speed Upgrades

9sec car vid

Last edited by Tiago; 04-10-2015 at 08:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 07:14 AM   #73
Si-M240i
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago
Quote:
It make seems in your case. Do you know if they can make a custom tcu software to match individual customer goals or is just software update like at the dealership?

There is available the hardware stuff for some time for our gearboxes. We just need someone to crack BMW tcu to be able to do something like this:

ZF 6 Speed Upgrades

9sec car vid
I would suggest sending the links and any questions to JF automotive in Kent, uk direct they are very quick to respond and very helpful
      04-10-2015, 07:01 AM   #74
Si-M240i
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

anyone else done this yet? I have heard from about 3 others so far, that have told me the difference was worth it
      04-10-2015, 01:49 PM   #75
DWR
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2009 335d

I have not taken the plunge, in part, because there are others who have not been as impressed. Since there has been difficulty in getting users to actually measure the difference, it is hard to make a cost benefit analysis. I rarely make decisions of any kind based on the preferences of others. Mostly, because I find my tastes and sensibilites often run counter to others. For reference, I'm a "standard" guy, so almost any slush box is a disappointment to me.

Glad that you and others are so pleased. Enjoy.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2015, 05:40 AM   #76
Wibbles
Coding ECU's remotely
Rep
Drives: M3LR

Is this TCU flash available for 335i's?

My E90 is a 2006 MY so I can't install the B3 software without a new TCU.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2015, 06:09 AM   #77
Tiago
Private First Class
Rep

I believe that someone may have found a solution for our cars...

975nm

06-13-2015, 07:09 AM   #78
Xtremektm
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago View Post
I believe that someone may have found a solution for our cars...

975nm

Original turbos? Do you have a link or video?
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2015, 07:44 AM   #79
Tiago
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtremektm View Post
Original turbos? Do you have a link or video?
They claim only hybrid turbos and ecu. But i bet that it has also full exhaust without dpf, bigger intercooler and modified gearbox with sonnax kits and exedy clutch st2 kit.
      06-13-2015, 11:06 AM   #80
Chief Orman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335D 2010

None of these claims have been verified by any of the technically sophisticated folks that post regularly on this diesel forum. I wouldn't touch it until I see otherwise.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2015, 01:06 PM   #81
Bicax
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335d (E91)

Hello,

Any news regarding a group buy?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2015, 02:40 PM   #82
Chief Orman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335D 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicax View Post
I contacted them, and the conclusion is that the jump from 2nd to 3rd that I'm getting wouldn't be fixed with the remap, and could probably be a transmission issue.

I'll visit ZF to see if they spot something weird, but I was under the impression that I'm not the only one on these boards with this particular issue (?).
You are not. I had a rough 2 to 3 shift when manually shifting. Now the whole tranny is getting replaced because of a 4f85 code.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2015, 04:13 AM   #83
Bicax
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335d (E91)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Orman View Post
You are not. I had a rough 2 to 3 shift when manually shifting. Now the whole tranny is getting replaced because of a 4f85 code.
Ouch...

I wasn't aware of the 4f85 code. Did a quick google search, and it appears that in some cases you can rebuild the transmission.

Can you give me more details on what they found out was wrong with your tranny, and why they are getting it fully replaced?

Would it be worth it to take the opportunity to get it reinforced?
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2015, 05:27 AM   #84
Wibbles
Coding ECU's remotely
Rep

Can someone with this tranny flash installed record some video of gentle driving in D from a standstill and some DS & manual shifts please?

I want to pull the trigger but don't want to waste my time & money.

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2015, 05:41 AM   #85
IceMan007
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Quote:
Can someone with this tranny flash installed record some video of gentle driving in D from a standstill and some DS & manual shifts please?
This! I'm interested too but need to see a video (with audio) of the gear changes.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2015, 07:10 AM   #86
Martin80k
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Ok, I Experience This Kind Of Remap, When I Chande To The Sport And Change With Paddles....so I Guess, It's Just Another Way How To Get Money From Ppl And Telling Them How Good It Is And Then Your Placebo Effect Steps In...
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2015, 09:47 AM   #87
Tiago
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicax View Post
Would it be worth it to take the opportunity to get it reinforced?
It seems that on some cars, specially with high power stages, the gearbox fails on internal hydraulic pressures. Sonnax has kits to solve that issue and even has torque converter kits to handle higher levels. Exedy has for some time clutch kits for +1000hp. I believe that with these two brands you can make our standard gearbox very strong, to a level that the next weak point would be the internal engine parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wibbles View Post

I want to pull the trigger but don't want to waste my time & money.

Thank you.
+1.
Only two persons experienced the tune but still so very few proves that really works. By the time till the first post of this thread, it was suppose to be nowadays a normal upgrade provided by the most known tunners on BMW cars... the same that happened on M cars with the SMG software upgrade.
      07-04-2015, 09:09 AM   #88
Wibbles
Coding ECU's remotely
Rep

Can Si or someone upload a video then?