E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > First Ever UK Meet - Sign Up Here!!

04-12-2006, 05:03 PM   #221
JonMad
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 320d SE;Mazda MX-5

Garage List
1990 Mazda MX-5  [0.00]
2005 BMW 320d  [0.00]
Curry sounds good. Not too late, given a reasonable drive back. Yeah, save the clubbing 'til another time!

Any decent country roads around the area for a post-photo shoot drive (preferably with a pub stop) on the way to a curry?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2006, 05:33 PM   #222
paddywac
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw e90 320d m sport

Garage List
oh dear no clubbin shame...anyroad anybody headin over from manchester/liverpool way, i plan to take the m6 south, cut across on the a50 and arrive approx 12 ish thats the time isn't it.

Would it be wise to pm some moby numbers nearer the time just in case of probs?????

As for shiny stuff I really wouldn't have a clue what to bring , i will ask at Halfords to see what they recommend if I get time but I am a bit of a bucket and sponge man at best......soz, don't have a clean car policy, there always needs to be a baddy anyway...I will get it cleaned on the mornin at me local eastern european car wash and treat it to a waxin.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2006, 07:21 AM   #223
cntlaw
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 330i E90 C55 AMG

Garage List
ViV, The UK meet looks crowded Please post more photos.
We will have ours tommorrow.
BMW 2006 330i E90 Jet Black/Black Leathers/Aluminium, Steptronic Active Steering; MTech Aero Kit Carbon Fibre Splitters/Diffuser. Bilstein PSS9 Coilover, Rays VOLK Racing RE30 Formula Limited Edition 18" Pirelli Rosso; Project Mu 355mm Forged 4pot Caliper. HID:Osram D1S 6000K, PIAA 6500K White Ring, Philips Diamond Vision HB4 5000K, PIAA H490/H491 Super Bright 6500K LED Interior Lights. Chrome S.Wheel Cover, Rear Windows Sunshades.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2006, 10:13 AM   #224
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
I got hold of the e90post font & knocked up this reg plate cover (pdf 2.95k).

It will save a lot of time taken up editing reg plates in the photos / video.

Let me know what you think.

The problem is printing it out, because it needs an A3 printer.

Does anyone have an A3 printer who could print some copies onto white & yellow paper/card (dimensions: 520 x 111mm) ???

Cheers.

Viv

Last edited by vivekk; 04-15-2006 at 02:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2006, 01:43 PM   #225
Flyingdwarf
First Officer
England
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sports

Deeee Taled!

Hello everyone. I know this isnt exactly the right place for it but wanted to share the results of my fours hours work this morning, 'detailing' the car. Its the first chance I have had to wash it since it arrived and think it scrubs up ok.

Viv and Paul, this is what you will be looking out for next weekend when we meet on the A1. N.B. also debaged.
Attached Images

04-15-2006, 02:19 PM   #226
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingdwarf
Hello everyone. I know this isnt exactly the right place for it but wanted to share the results of my fours hours work this morning, 'detailing' the car. Its the first chance I have had to wash it since it arrived and think it scrubs up ok.

Viv and Paul, this is what you will be looking out for next weekend when we meet on the A1. N.B. also debaged.
Nice work Craig.

Here's a pic of mine- look out for me with the e90post sticker on the back screen.
Funny how the slightest amount of detergent gets the brake discs coated.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-15-2006, 02:28 PM   #227
Flyingdwarf
First Officer
England
Rep

My brakes arent coated, I just went for the solid gold disc option! Its just the light which makes them look rusty. Viv, its looking pretty tasty clean. I will keep my eyes peeled for the sticker.
      04-15-2006, 02:37 PM   #228
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
My brakes arent coated, I just went for the solid gold disc option! Its just the light which makes them look rusty. Viv, its looking pretty tasty clean. I will keep my eyes peeled for the sticker.
I'm surprised they don't have that option in the States Craig!
Thanks- I'll try to give it a last wash on Friday night before finishing it off at Donington.

BTW Craig, any ideas for a pub and curry house around Donington?

Appreciate 0
      04-15-2006, 03:01 PM   #229
Flyingdwarf
First Officer
England
Rep

Still working on that one Viv. My mate who i thought may be of use only that the suggestion of the topless car wash. I will keep calling people and let you know if they have any ideas. Trawling the net as well looking for anything in the area that has good reviews.

Craig
      04-16-2006, 05:37 AM   #230
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Found this award-winning curry house in Derbyshire.
Google local link is here.
A review of one of their restaurants is here.
A review in the Staffordshire Business Report 2005 is here.

It looks like they get booked up quite quickly, so it's going to need booking as soon as possible.
Can you say if you are all happy with this???

Cheers.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      04-16-2006, 05:54 AM   #231
Flyingdwarf
First Officer
England
Rep

Looks like a pretty good find Viv. The Kegworth one is so close, but I wonder if the Littleover one would be better? With the number of us (hopefully) going, I guess it would be worth us booking. Maybe one more ask around to get confirmed numbers so we can make a plan and book somewhere. I am sure we would get well looked after if we book for 20 or so people!

I am starting to feel very hungry
      04-16-2006, 05:58 AM   #232
Flyingdwarf
First Officer
England
Rep

Just read someone's review on another website and they said that the food was excellent but they have been trying to book a table on a saturday night for months and found it impossible (at the Littleover restaurant). Could be hard fitting 20 of us in!
      04-16-2006, 11:25 AM   #233
Flyingdwarf
First Officer
England
Rep

So anyway, I was thinking about what music we will have to have on the video and thought that it should really be something british. And I am not thinking Robbie Williams or the Spice Girls, was thinking of something more like Pomp and Circumstance. Don't know if that is exactly the right thing, but it needs to be British, and anything with a little history (because we know how much the Americans love their history) might work.
      04-16-2006, 11:29 AM   #234
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
So anyway, I was thinking about what music we will have to have on the video and thought that it should really be something british. And I am not thinking Robbie Williams or the Spice Girls, was thinking of something more like Pomp and Circumstance. Don't know if that is exactly the right thing, but it needs to be British, and anything with a little history (because we know how much the Americans love their history) might work.
I was thinking of some indie (Oasis) or dance (Fatboy Slim)??
The soundtrack could make or break the video!
(...I'm sounding like a film producer now...)

Appreciate 0
      04-16-2006, 01:54 PM   #235
Mickey
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Hi -

This Yank has decided she just can't miss this "First Ever UK Meet."

Don't worry, I won't throw the video/pictures off - I've got clear turn signal lenses (because of my UK light conversion). And, if we take pictures from far enough away, maybe no one will notice that my steering wheel is on, er, the other side.

I'll be bringing an English friend and her 13-year old son. That's okay, right?

Looking forward to meeting/chatting with y'all...

Marilyn
      04-16-2006, 01:59 PM   #236
Flyingdwarf
First Officer
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey
Hi -

Don't worry, I won't throw the video/pictures off - I've got clear turn signal lenses (because of my UK light conversion). And, if we take pictures from far enough away, maybe no one will notice that my steering wheel is on, er, the other side.

Marilyn
Thats great news. Where are you coming from? There are at least two convoys planned at the moment. One from the North, starting around yorskshire, and one from down south, north of london i believe. Sure you could join either of these if you fancy. No probelm with the guests I am sure. Will you all be staying for the traditional English meal afterwards?
      04-16-2006, 02:30 PM   #237
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey
Hi -

Marilyn
Excellent news Marilyn!
This is getting a bit scary now, because if everyone turns up, it's going to be easily the biggest meet yet organised anywhere!!!!
Looks like we are going to have 2 Americans at the first UK meet now! Unbelievable!!
No problems about guests- more the merrier!
Will forward some info to you Marilyn, which was sent to the others earlier.

Quote:
... Will you all be staying for the traditional English meal afterwards?
Hahaha- we'd better explain Marilyn- that means an Indian curry!

Appreciate 0
      04-16-2006, 02:43 PM   #238
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Please could you post your names, so we know what we can call each other at the meet!

Things are now looking very scary now.
Quite frankly, I'm sh*tting my pants!

If everyone does actually turn up, the First UK meet will have the biggest turn out anywhere so far!!!

It seems we may now have two of our American brethren at the meet- Floyd (SoYank) & Marilyn (Mickey).
Based on comments for the first UK meet so far, here are the current likely 18 attendees:

• beauforty (Paul) 330iSE Tiag
  • vivekk (Viv) 330iSE Tiag Bringing Autoglym shampoo & Extra Gloss Protection, Meguiars NXT kit, polishing cloths
  • 1stnewcar (Paul) 320dSE SG Bringing wheel cleaner & wheel brush
  • Flyingdwarf (Craig) 320d M Sport SB Bringing Autoglym kit, Flexi Blade, polishing cloths
  • ric1 330d e91 M Sport LMB
  • JonMad (Jon) 320dSE
  • MMVI (Gary) 325i SB
  • jjbirch 320d M Sport LMB
  • jhbodle (Jay) 325iSE SG
  • webcoll (Dave) 320dSE JB
  • Hitman999 320iSE
  • Steve r e91 320dSE SG
  • 0003SAS e91 320d ER
  • paddywac (John or 'Pads') 320d M Sport SB
  • OilBurner (Matt) e46 320dSE SG
  • SoYank (Floyd) 330iSE MB
  • Mickey (Marilyn) 330iSE TiAg
  • MattOz (Matt) 330d M Sport LMB

Occasion:
"First" e90post.com UK meet
Venue: Donington Park Grand Prix Circuit
Date: Saturday April 22nd
Time: 12pm

Address:

Donington Park Leisure Ltd.
Donington Park Grand Prix Circuit
Castle Donington
Derby DE74 2RP

Last edited by vivekk; 04-18-2006 at 01:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2006, 04:11 PM   #239
MattOz
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Alpina G21 D3S

Garage List
2011 E90 M3  [0.00]
Viv,

I'll be there!

Matt
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2006, 08:38 AM   #240
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
I may need to be back home for 6. Not sure yet so don't book me for the curry. Have we many other confirmed attendees?? What do we plan to do in the 7 hours upto the curry? I love the E90 but 7 hours may be pushing it!!!!
      04-17-2006, 08:42 AM   #241
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Had a play with a new Australian e90 advert & came up with this! (Thanks JamieA)

Enjoy.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      04-17-2006, 08:48 AM   #242
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
Address of Museum - if its been posted already. Oh well..............

Donington Grand Prix Collection
Donington Park
Castle Donington
Derby
DE74 2RP

TEL: 01332 811027
FAX: 01332 812829
Email enquiries@doningtoncollection.co.uk