E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > Performance springs on xDrive

09-30-2020, 02:39 PM   #23
AWD Addict
Chief Executive
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi 6spd Coupe

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welterweight View Post
Didn't plan on it. Just wanted a very affordable way to drop the car a bit. The awd cars are so high!!!! All my money is being saved to spend on bolt on performance mods. I may just return springs and go with Dinan as they are meant to work with stock suspension and only drop the car about .5 inches.
I rode on the H&Rs and I think you're going to be really disappointed in pairing them with OE struts/shocks. It's going to throw the car's balance off, ride uncomfortably, corner poorly and even negatively impact braking. When you blow your stock shocks (which will likely happen quickly if they've already got miles on them) you're going to have to pay for the install and alignment twice. Given you're on a tight budget, you'll be throwing away important dollars you'll want to spend elsewhere.

The money you'll save from doing that work twice is likely enough to get you a proper upgraded setup on it's own.

I'd say stick with the height until you can afford a proper upgrade. Then pair with shocks valved to be that low, or coilovers.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 02:41 PM   #24
AWD Addict
Chief Executive
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi 6spd Coupe

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWysong View Post

Dinan springs are a fancy way of saying BMW springs imo, sold at dealerships and spec'd by bmw... have not read much about them but they are also a safe bet and would probably be around the same performace or slightly tighter than the sport springs.
This is false. Dinan is not BMW. Totally separate company.
Appreciate 0