E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Airbag light help!! 2006 325i e90 (((RATS!)))

10-03-2020, 03:52 PM   #1
kc-e90-atl
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 bmw 325i

Airbag light help!! 2006 325i e90 (((RATS!)))

Hey everyone, somewhat of a new user here but i hope im in the right area to post this thread. Anyway... i have had the airbag light on for some time now. I was able to clear it at one point because i was missing the connector that goes to the bst. Fixed that and cleared it but then... i got rats in my car. Smh. My wife bought a camry and it came fully equipped with rats. So naturally they found their way around our garage and under my hood and eventually into my dash. Found shredded sound proofing/insulation and rat poop/pee under the dash as well as under the hood. Needless to say it made the airbag light come back on but this time with different codes. I have a carly adapter with the paid subscription so i was able to pull codes 0093AE as well as 0093A9. One is for the seat belt tensioner and one is for the adaptive headrests. Only problem is i dont have adaptive headrests and i already replaced the seat belt tensioner to no avail. I also replaced the bcm behind the glovebox because i read somewhere that could be the issue. Nothing. Same codes with all the new parts and now im starting to lose hope. I hate to burden the forums with yet another airbag light question but i cant seem to find anyone having these same issues (ie codes for features you dont even have or rats being a possible cause, etc) i have already checked all of the wiring both behind the dash (both sides) and under the hood as well as in the trunk. Only other thing i can think of is maybe the airbag module but i am weary of buying even more parts. I actually took it to the dealership here in atlanta and all they did was read the codes and try to charge me over a thousand dollars to replace the seatbelt and reset some stuff and i politely declined. Anyone else ever experienced this? I really love my car but i am kind of at my wits end with this issue and i am terrified of getting in an accident without airbags properly working as i am a married father of 2. Even driving my wife’s toyota to avoid it altogether. Oh and it is a 2006 325i e90 if that helps as well. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks everyone! Cheers from atlanta!
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2020, 06:02 PM   #2
kc-e90-atl
United_States
Rep

Not sure if the rat is even related but it seems like its the only thing it could be. Checked all the fuses and the wiring under the seat as well. Checked battery voltage. All looks to be in working order.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2020, 08:47 PM   #3
kc-e90-atl
United_States
Rep

I have also had the passenger seat mat recall done if that helps... anyone?
Appreciate 0