E90Post

GetBMWParts

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > Total lack of Trump/Hillary bumper stickers, yard signs, etc.

10-16-2016, 05:59 PM   #1
NickyC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(

Total lack of Trump/Hillary bumper stickers, yard signs, etc.

This will not be a scientific post of course, and my experience is only in St. Louis (suburbs etc.), but I've noticed a complete lack of Trump/Hillary bumper stickers, yard signs, etc. for this election. I started to take notice several weeks back that except for one Trump yard sign in my neighborhood, and one Hillary bumper sticker I saw a couple weeks ago, I have seen NO other signage for either candidate.

Now, in 2008 there were Obama bumper stickers and yard signs all over the damned place. As well, there were quite a few McCain signs and stickers. In 2012 I saw far less enthusiasm for Obama in this regards, but it was still common to see the signage without looking very hard.

In 2016, I see almost nothing! I had quite a number of errands today and was in the car for a few hours, putting about 100 miles on the car and driving all over the city. I saw ZERO bumper stickers for either candidate, simply amazing compared to previous years!

Now, I can think of a few reasons for this:

1. Everybody knows both candidates suck and are embarrassed to endorse either one. I get that, and I'm on board.

2. The divisions are so real in this country right now, people are scared to death that displaying support of a candidate might cause other drivers on the road to move more aggressively around them, key their car while parked, commit vandalism to their homes, etc.

3. Work related, people are scared a boss/co-workers might find out their affiliations and use this against them at work. Once again, the divisions are so real this is a possibility.

So what do you all think? I imagine in some areas like California or New York where it's a hive mentality, people will proudly display their allegiance to the Clintons, but what's it like in your area? I'm just quite surprised with the lack of ANY signage for either candidate around my area.
Appreciate 1
      10-16-2016, 06:06 PM   #2
dzvero
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 M$4 F82

No one cares about these two clowns, worst president usa will have
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2016, 06:08 PM   #3
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Have hardly seen any signs or bumper stickers at all. I have seen a couple of Trump ones..but a couple translates to nothing. No one feels happy about the situation.
Appreciate 1
VRG_135723.50

10-16-2016, 06:08 PM   #4
Zippster
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
This will not be a scientific post of course, and my experience is only in St. Louis (suburbs etc.), but I've noticed a complete lack of Trump/Hillary bumper stickers, yard signs, etc. for this election. I started to take notice several weeks back that except for one Trump yard sign in my neighborhood, and one Hillary bumper sticker I saw a couple weeks ago, I have seen NO other signage for either candidate.

Now, in 2008 there were Obama bumper stickers and yard signs all over the damned place. As well, there were quite a few McCain signs and stickers. In 2012 I saw far less enthusiasm for Obama in this regards, but it was still common to see the signage without looking very hard.

In 2016, I see almost nothing! I had quite a number of errands today and was in the car for a few hours, putting about 100 miles on the car and driving all over the city. I saw ZERO bumper stickers for either candidate, simply amazing compared to previous years!

1. Everybody knows both candidates suck and are embarrassed to endorse either one. I get that, and I'm on board.

2. The divisions are so real in this country right now, people are scared to death that displaying support of a candidate might cause other drivers on the road to move more aggressively around them, key their car while parked, commit vandalism to their homes, etc.

3. Work related, people are scared a boss/co-workers might find out their affiliations and use this against them at work. Once again, the divisions are so real this is a possibility.

So what do you all think? I imagine in some areas like California or New York where it's a hive mentality, people will proudly display their allegiance to the Clintons, but what's it like in your area? I'm just quite surprised with the lack of ANY signage for either candidate around my area.
I have seen more Trump signs than Clinton, but like you say all are rare for the reasons you list. I do see the Trump signs in the burbs and rural areas where folks don't play that if you know what I mean. Yes we as a country might be at a crossroads, people are really pissed which is why Trump has what he has, it ain't him per se, but his lack of being part of the establishment. My .02
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2016, 06:10 PM   #5
Greyfox
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Trump signs are around my area 10 to 1 of Clinton.... but it matters little. All the Trump votes here will get wiped because of all the illegal alien votes in Northern Virginia.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2016, 06:14 PM   #6
PA135i
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 08 CR-V

Here in Pennsylvania I see many more Trump signs than Hillakaine signs. But I'm located outside of Philadelphia. I'll bet in Philly there are Hillakaine signs wallpapered all over the city.
Sparkling Graphite Metallic / 6MT / Terracotta Boston Leather / Sport Package / Comfort Access system / Gray Poplar wood trim / Heated front seats / iPod and USB adapter / HD radio / Premium hi-fi system / OE Tuning / VRSF Intercooler & charge pipe / BMW Performance short shift kit / BMW M Performance Handbrake Handle / BMW Stainless steel pedals / V1 hardwired / rear sun shades Pennsylvania 20 electoral votes
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2016, 06:18 PM   #7
Zippster
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
Trump signs are around my area 10 to 1 of Clinton.... but it matters little. All the Trump votes here will get wiped because of all the illegal alien votes in Northern Virginia.
You know that scares the hell out of me, I wish that were not what I believe too. I think they will do anything to get there candidate elected right. wrong or indifferent. If the folks at the polling places let it happen, what can you really do. There needs to be some kind of vetting process that even after the fact, checks to ensure the votes were from valid voters - still alive and citizens.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2016, 06:31 PM   #8
MKSixer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
I have Vote for Megatron signs for the Global Domination Party.

Seriously. I do.

At least we would know what we are getting.

@[Nyet. Not Russian Hacker](contact:368080)
Ask me hacker question. Hacker question I get answer.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2016, 06:42 PM   #9
kent11202
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

I hadn't thought about this until this post and have to say around here I'm not seeing a bunch of bumper stickers or yard signs.

I think NickyC (the OP) has it nailed as to the reason(s) why/
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2016, 06:48 PM   #10
Jaghave
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 340i (Auto) RWD

Simple, there is no Hillary Support
Trump supporters are afraid of Sores paid Mercenary burning down there signs or houses.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/n...ffiti-42845425

http://bangordailynews.com/2016/10/1...lly-in-bangor/

http://nypost.com/2016/08/08/trump-c...t-burned-down/
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2016, 07:15 PM   #11
Cattivo
FDNY Engine 55
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M, X5 50i Msport, EscaHoe

I see lots of bumper stickers on cars, 95% of them are Trump supporters... haven't really seen any signs on lawns. NY is a blue state but as I have mentioned in prior posts, most people I speak to hate HRC... funny part is the She Beast lives 20 mins north of me and Trump lives 15 min south of me

I have bumper stickers on my work truck
Attached Images

PA135i913.00

10-16-2016, 08:17 PM   #12
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post

Pretty much spot on I'd say. I like a rural area in CA that's predominantly older (over 65) and white. Still, while you'll see a TRUMP yard sign now and then there are few if any bumper stickers for either Trump of Hillary (about equal low amounts).

I work in an suburban business park and there, as well as the surrounding burbs, no stickers at all. Hive mentality is not in play in my area, but remember CA is huge and the NE farming/ranching part of the state isn't LA. Now Bernie bumper stickers? I still see those in both the rural and suburban areas (as well as the cities). There are about 10-15x the Bernie than Trump or Hillary stickers.

This was quite a topic of discussion at the local gun shop yesterday morning. Lots of Trump supporters there as you can imagine, but folks are leery of putting it on a vehicle for what they perceive as consequences in the workplace and parking lot. Also, lots of head shaking and disappointment at how some folks feel Trump is throwing the election away.

Last edited by Finnegan; 10-16-2016 at 09:02 PM.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2016, 02:18 PM   #13
schoy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red E90 M3

Here in SoCal, I see slightly more Trump bumper stickers than HRC, but in very low amounts for both when compared to past elections. I see more Bernie stickers than both combined. I actually still see more 2012 Obama stickers than both combined. No yard signs/street signs for either.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2016, 02:47 PM   #14
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i Msport 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoy View Post
Here in SoCal, I see slightly more Trump bumper stickers than HRC, but in very low amounts for both when compared to past elections. I see more Bernie stickers than both combined. I actually still see more 2012 Obama stickers than both combined. No yard signs/street signs for either.
I don't think anyone is overly excited about the candidate they are supporting.
      10-18-2016, 02:56 PM   #15
VRG_135
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Silver 135 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
If you see this guy voting, then you know it's true.....
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-18-2016, 02:59 PM   #16
VRG_135
Banned
United_States
Rep

A little off thread here, but.......When I was visiting New Orleans back in 2000, I noticed Ann Rice's house was almost completely covered in Gore signs. And I mean almost every square inch of her exterior. I'll bet she was disappointed!
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2016, 02:59 PM   #17
jpnh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: NA

FWIW.....none of the bernie supporters in my area have put up Hillary signs......

In fact the moonbats that usually have signs up for multiple candidates for different races all have nothing on their lawns

Trump signs are everywhere
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2016, 03:02 PM   #18
Doc Oc
Captain Fatbelly
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 amg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattivo View Post
I see lots of bumper stickers on cars, 95% of them are Trump supporters... haven't really seen any signs on lawns. NY is a blue state but as I have mentioned in prior posts, most people I speak to hate HRC... funny part is the She Beast lives 20 mins north of me and Trump lives 15 min south of me

I have bumper stickers on my work truck
Quite the misogynistic set of stickers you got there...
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2016, 03:05 PM   #19
jpnh
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Oc View Post
Quite the misogynistic set of stickers you got there...
Are you disputing whether or not she's a bitch?

Appreciate 0
      10-18-2016, 03:21 PM   #20
VRG_135
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpnh View Post

Same name calling....different thread. JPNH, try saying something constructive.

As far as Trump and HRC go, most of what I have heard about them personally, in non-political situations (and away from TV sets), is that they are both nice, personable people.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2016, 03:26 PM   #21
jpnh
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc oc
Which is worse, a bitch or a rapist?
I think both of the clintons are bad/criminals which is why so many people are voting for trump
Appreciate 1
Cattivo608.00

10-18-2016, 03:27 PM   #22
Doc Oc
Captain Fatbelly
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 amg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpnh View Post

Lol, you serious? Never met her, how the fuck would I know? I hope she's one tough bitch swimming in the waters she is.

But what you're saying is its better to rape a bitch than be a bitch?

Last edited by Doc Oc; 10-18-2016 at 03:34 PM.
Appreciate 1
VRG_135723.50