E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Timing chain replacement gone concerning

10-30-2023, 11:57 AM   #1
ThatE90guy
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 325xi

Timing chain replacement gone concerning

As the title says ive attempted a timing chain replacement on my 2006 325xi and its not looking great. Im almost 100 percent sure i timed it right however now it wont start. Im attaching some videos to this post to show whats going on but basically the camshaft wont turn and the actuator just clicks and i can hear the starter whirling around but nada. No crank or turn beyond that. This was originally meant to solve a P0015 code which i had tried other remedies but ended up having to change it and when i did there was broken guide rails for it. Anyways now there is 6 more codes and a headaches on my lap. Im attaching the codes and videos of the engine start up condition. Is there any hope left orr should i just scrap it?

Imgur:
View post on imgur.com
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-31-2023, 09:07 AM   #2
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Do you do the valvetronic relearn? and Are you sure it's timed correctly?

Are the sensors hooked up correctly?
      10-31-2023, 12:41 PM   #3
gunnerxq
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 "325i"

Wild that you did a timing chain replacement for a P0015 code. Isn't that a generic code, like your scanner isn't specifically made for BMW's? Like what did you replace before coming to the conclusion that it's the chain?
Koni special active red, eibach pro-kit springs, Remus exhaust, stage 3 intake manifold,Stage 2 AA tune, BMW Short shift kit. Silicon intake pipe. M3 control arms front, M3 rear. ECS trailing arm with whiteline bushings. Purple powerflex subframe bushings. Yellow power flex upper shock mounts. Single mass flywheel OE weight.
Appreciate 0