E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Anyone else have this problem? Water spot related

07-30-2018, 04:02 PM   #1
buster84
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335I X-Drive E90

Anyone else have this problem? Water spot related

Ok, im not sure whats the cause but this is starting to frustrate me. I have a tree in front of my yard and every time it rains the rain picks up the dirt from the tree and it lands on my car. This then causes water spots. I have tried so many different things to fix the problem but it keeps on persisting.

I'll start off by saying i fully clayed the car, polished it with M205 and sealed it up with Meguiar's Mirror Glaze Synthetic Sealant and after it was done, zero water spots and the car looks amazing. Fast foward just one day and it looks like this! and my detailing spray doesnt work to pull it off. It works on some water spots on the trunk but the hood it just wouldnt come off.

Can anyone explain to me how i can prevent this problem? Is my only recourse of action to cut down the tree or park in the garage? I would have thought polish, sealant and wax would prevent this type of thing from happening but its not and its starting to annoy me since ive had to repolish the car many times over the last few months because of it and im all tired out.
Attached Images

2007 Bmw X5 (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2018, 04:06 PM   #2
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

If you have a garage why are you even dealing with this? To answer your question yes as long as you continue to park under a tree you will continue to have this problem.
Appreciate 1
      07-30-2018, 04:10 PM   #3
buster84
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335I X-Drive E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
If you have a garage why are you even dealing with this? To answer your question yes as long as you continue to park under a tree you will continue to have this problem.
already have 2 cars in there... which means i have to sell one if its the trees then screwed no matter what lol. Im renting so cutting the tree's wont be easy as ill need permission first.

What i dont get is the water spots ont the rest of the car comes off with quick detailer, but on the hood it wont come off that way.
2007 Bmw X5 (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2018, 04:14 PM   #4
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Car cover/tarp? AS for the spots that won't come off you have the option of using a DA and some compound if you have it or take it to a detailer. Either way, if you park under the tree again you'll have the same problem. I think your options are to sell a car, cut a tree or find a car cover. Note: if you go the route of the car cover make sure you buy one that will repel water and not just keep dust off the car or the you'll have the same problem all over again.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2018, 10:38 PM   #5
Psyphertext
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 09 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster84 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
already have 2 cars in there... which means i have to sell one if its the trees then screwed no matter what lol. Im renting so cutting the tree's wont be easy as ill need permission first.

What i dont get is the water spots ont the rest of the car comes off with quick detailer, but on the hood it wont come off that way.
Psst. Car cover.
      08-13-2018, 11:44 PM   #6
BrazyN54
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Those are mineral stains from hard water, they can be compounded out. Usually something with a low Ph can dissolve it on the surface.
Try a dab of vinegar on a microfiber and apply it to the spot to see if it has any effect.
Appreciate 0