E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > E90 2010 key fob buttons not working

01-13-2021, 04:36 PM   #1
Duttyg
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 320D

E90 2010 key fob buttons not working

Hi, im new its prob come up a few times but i cant seem to find an answer. I have 2 key fobs the rechargeable 1's. Both keys work in the ignition but the buttons dont work. Ive replaced all the fuses. Central locking works fine via the key and button in the car. Fm and am stations work fine. So would i need a new diversity antenna amplifier module? And if i do will it need syncing with the car? Or will i need a new antenna but like ive said the radio works perfectly fine. Any help would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2021, 05:32 PM   #2
therealdb1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Graphite E93 335i

Sounds like the batteries are knackered and are no longer holding a charge. They do not last forever!
If you or a friend are handy with a soldering iron, ignore what BMW will tell you which is buy a new key and replace the batteries in your existing fobs.
There are threads on this forum about doing it or use your favourite search engine to find a YouTube video it is not difficult.

NOTE: You must get rechargeable batteries for the replacement! The ordinary coin cells you find in other key fobs, calculators etc. are not rechargeable.
Appreciate 0