E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Roach in E90

07-08-2021, 03:44 PM   #1
SOOK_BMW
Rep
Drives: G22 M440i

Roach in E90

I bought an E90 about a week ago, I was eating in the car when I saw a roach on the ceiling. The roach ended up going inside the headliner. I work for the BMW dealer I bought it from, so I took it to service to smoke them out. Now, they're going to remove the headliner to make sure there are no dead roaches in there.

Once I get back the car, I am going to do a full detail cleaning (seats taken out, carpet shampoo'ed, etc).

Anyone ever experienced this? If so, your advice? I feel as though I will be paranoid for as long as I have this car.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2021, 04:18 PM   #2
Luis561
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOOK_BMW View Post
I bought an E90 about a week ago, I was eating in the car when I saw a roach on the ceiling. The roach ended up going inside the headliner. I work for the BMW dealer I bought it from, so I took it to service to smoke them out. Now, they're going to remove the headliner to make sure there are no dead roaches in there.

Once I get back the car, I am going to do a full detail cleaning (seats taken out, carpet shampoo'ed, etc).

Anyone ever experienced this? If so, your advice? I feel as though I will be paranoid for as long as I have this car.
Don't know how but I got roaches a couple months ago, I tried this https://www.target.com/p/raid-double...t/-/A-21565703
And I haven't seen one since
whatever you do, don't use foggers
Appreciate 1
Bobh5952.00
      07-08-2021, 05:48 PM   #3
SOOK_BMW
Rep
Drives: G22 M440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis561 View Post
Don't know how but I got roaches a couple months ago, I tried this https://www.target.com/p/raid-double...t/-/A-21565703
Will get those too but I bought these once I get the car back to be safe: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I think the dealer used foggers already unfortunately Is that a bad thing?
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2021, 05:58 PM   #4
Luis561
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOOK_BMW View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis561 View Post
Will get those too but I bought these once I get the car back to be safe: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UTF8&psc=1

I think the dealer used foggers already unfortunately Is that a bad thing?
Those can work too, the only advantage is the raid brings egg killers. If they used foggers it's not necessarily a bad thing, they can just sometimes stain your headliner and leave residue everywhere. They also do not work in cars, they might kill a few roaches but it doesn't get all of them so they'll just come back
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2021, 01:37 AM   #5
whyzee125
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Dinan stage 2 335i

Use an ozone machine--it will kill everything in the car without leaving a nasty scent or any chemicals behind. Just be sure to air it out for 3-4 hours because ozone is heavier than air so if you breathe it, it can collect in your lungs. Not good. Works like a charm everytime and your car will smell perfect once the ozone smell clears.
Appreciate 2
      12-09-2021, 07:50 AM   #6
E92_William
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 328xi

I bought a parts car e90 about a year ago that had been sitting to get the drivetrain from it. After I took that I decided I wanted to have myself a whole e90 wiring harness which meant taking out the whole carpet.. you wanna see roaches? Look down there. This car had clogged sunroof seals and a dirty interior which meant there was some water under and in the carpet and that's the perfect environment for roaches to be in. I'd suggest since you're going that far to at least lift and inspect under the carpets in the drivers and passenger footwell and make sure there's 0 humidity. I didn't see any roaches when I pulled the headliner so that's a good sign at least.
      04-09-2022, 02:35 PM   #7
New-FDR
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Would roach motel work?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2022, 12:42 AM   #8
POBEP
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 E90 E91

Garage List
No experience with roaches in cars (yet?)

I had spider in my E91 for a while.
It was building small net around lower passenger side windshield area.
Have not seen him since covid started, kinda miss him
      04-10-2022, 10:22 AM   #9
Luper52
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i E90

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
I had the same experience as you with the first roach I saw in my e90. Huge one crawling on the headliner. I forgot exactly what happened with it, but I think it got killed when it eventually showed up again.

Few months back I moved to a new apartment and for some reason the roaches here are ridiculously fast, so it was actually quite a surprise to discover this thing zooming around in my passenger footwell was a speedy roach. I wasn't able to kill it, instead it disappeared, until a week later when I was parked up away from home, he reappeared. I opened my passenger door, and scared it out the door. I then brushed it off the side of my car and drove off. Made sure I saw it still running around on the pavement before I left.

I also got the raid roach and egg killer and haven't seen once since. I've also made a bigger effort to make sure my car isn't a place roaches would look for food. I think the most recent roach showed up after one of my friends left a wrapper of a sugary snack on the rear floorboard (real work of a genius), so I couldn't see it and didn't know it was there… because who leaves trash in somebody's perfectly clean car??

Instagram - YouTube
Appreciate 0