E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Subwoofer In Ski Pass Pic Request

02-22-2023, 01:49 PM   #23
GReddy97
I like cars.
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 535xi, '11 335is, '17 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bf15 View Post
Hi,

I am about to perform a similar install. except Im installing a ID max 10.

Are the 3 layers of birch screwed directly to the plastic and then inserted with the plastic surround back into the ski pass?

The plastic seem fragile. has there been any issues with it cracking, or did you do anything to add strength to the plastic? I am planning to use both halves (cabin side/trunk) of the plastic ski pass assembly in mine and just Dremel off the rear flip up piece so the magnet can fit it looks like you did something different. Did you use any screw to attach this to the metal frame inside the ski pass opening.

also it appears that you have wood going into the opening where the booster seat belt buckle is. did you use a separate piece of wood just to fill that in, or is it part of the 3 layers of birch?
Did you end up building this? I'm looking to do the same thing. Share pics and words of wisdom if you have. Thanks!
Appreciate 0