E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Bilstein B4 with Eibach Springs?

04-07-2020, 07:19 PM   #23
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

OP what you are seeking might not be achievable on this platform in general.

Think about it; if the underdamped/undersprung factory suspension wasn't to your liking, why do you think a factory replacement set of dampers paired with lowering springs, that still posses the same spring rate as stock mind you, would fare any better?

Given how they are marketed and previous reviews, I'd imagine that the B4/Eibachs might start out "ok" but will quickly turn into a mushy/crash-against-the-bump-stops type of affair much sooner than expected. If B6s can't handle factory sport spring on relatively decent roads (ask me how I know), then a more aggressive setup on even weaker dampers will perform even worse...disaster waiting to happen IMO.
Appreciate 1
ppointer743.00
      04-12-2020, 05:23 PM   #24
213e90n51
Banned
South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 328i, Honda Civic Hat

Garage List
2009 328i  [0.00]
2019 M4  [0.00]
2019 Honda Civic Ha ...  [0.00]
Appreciate 1
      04-15-2020, 09:12 AM   #25
W37V
[Oo=||=oO]
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e92n52 & f15n57

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCobra94 View Post
OP what you are seeking might not be achievable on this platform in general.

Think about it; if the underdamped/undersprung factory suspension wasn't to your liking, why do you think a factory replacement set of dampers paired with lowering springs, that still posses the same spring rate as stock mind you, would fare any better?

Given how they are marketed and previous reviews, I'd imagine that the B4/Eibachs might start out "ok" but will quickly turn into a mushy/crash-against-the-bump-stops type of affair much sooner than expected. If B6s can't handle factory sport spring on relatively decent roads (ask me how I know), then a more aggressive setup on even weaker dampers will perform even worse...disaster waiting to happen IMO.
I think you are correct. However, BMW offered "performance suspension" as an addon for e9x platform. From all reviews, performance suspension (with optional springs), offered better handling without penalty of being too harsh. Essentially, I am trying to recreate it, but with a slight upgrade.

I already ordered eibach sway bar kit (front and rear) to install. I am hoping that would make the car a bit more flatter in corners. My hope is that the springs would reduce lean and keep the car more stable, without making the ride harsh - since they are progressive and not linear. While doing the rear sway bar, I am planning on putting in whiteline inserts.

I am still borderline on doing the m3 steering rack, as I don't want too heavy steering feel.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2020, 12:16 PM   #26
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by W37V View Post
I think you are correct. However, BMW offered "performance suspension" as an addon for e9x platform. From all reviews, performance suspension (with optional springs), offered better handling without penalty of being too harsh. Essentially, I am trying to recreate it, but with a slight upgrade.
Are you referring to the yellow springs? If so, those are much stiffer than stock and the dampers, according to reviews, were nothing to write home about. Not sure how you're trying to "recreate" that by using lowering springs that have the same spring rates as stock while attempting to use dampers that are marginally better than stock, at best.

Sounds like you either need to go with stiff non-sport springs and something like an FSD damper, that is less performance oriented or just bite the bullet and go with springs that actually offer something other than "looks" when it comes to height/spring rate (Dinan, etc.) and Koni Yellows to make adjustments after the fact. Plenty of peeps have mentioned a setup such as this, while stiffer, is much "smoother" than stock and not harsh at all.

Again, if you think stock springs and B6s are "harsh" going with a softer/lower setup will likely result in crashing into bump stops...that might not seem "harsh" to you, but certainly isn't desirable.
Appreciate 1
tlow982185.00
      04-16-2020, 01:25 AM   #27
tlow98
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E91, 2014 F15 x35i

Hard to go wrong with a Dinan-like setup.
Appreciate 1
      04-16-2020, 10:14 AM   #28
W37V
[Oo=||=oO]
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Are you referring to the yellow springs? If so, those are much stiffer than stock and the dampers, according to reviews, were nothing to write home about. Not sure how you're trying to "recreate" that by using lowering springs that have the same spring rates as stock while attempting to use dampers that are marginally better than stock, at best.

Sounds like you either need to go with stiff non-sport springs and something like an FSD damper, that is less performance oriented or just bite the bullet and go with springs that actually offer something other than "looks" when it comes to height/spring rate (Dinan, etc.) and Koni Yellows to make adjustments after the fact. Plenty of peeps have mentioned a setup such as this, while stiffer, is much "smoother" than stock and not harsh at all.

Again, if you think stock springs and B6s are "harsh" going with a softer/lower setup will likely result in crashing into bump stops...that might not seem "harsh" to you, but certainly isn't desirable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlow98 View Post
Hard to go wrong with a Dinan-like setup.
Why Dinan springs?
Based on your posts, I started looking into Dinan springs. I can't find many relevant posts. Most posts are about x drive cars without sport suspension. Mine is RWD and it came with sport suspension.

I looked for comparison between eibach, dinan and h&r. There are few users who used dinan and eibach on m3's. From what I gather, if you are to do dinan springs, you can use B4 or softer shocks. Dinan height reduction is very minimal. However, it seems like EVERYONE recommends B12 (eibach pros + B8). At this stage, I might just say F it and get B12.

Plus, after seeing this video from tirerack, I think I might be convinced that B12 is way to go and I should just suck it up:
Read the review here:
https://www.tirerack.com/suspension/...ch_rd_2010.jsp
Video
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2020, 12:23 PM   #29
tlow98
Major General
Rep

Well, alright, here's how i read your situation:
- you have B6 with stock springs
- you wanted something softer, but also lower

I recommend Dinan stuff because, while pricey, they universally create amazing stuff. You can almost always complain about Dinan's price but I've never read a bad comment about their suspension stuff. It's always OEM+ grade. This seems to align very well with what you want. A slightly lower and better ride. That's the Dinan springs + yellows + Supplemental ride kit in a nutshell. Just piece it together yourself and don't pay Dinan prices. Supplemental ride kit = z3m front stops and z4 rear stops. People on the non-M platform almost never buy Dinan, bc it's out of their price range. (I've talked with Steve Dinan himself about this - it's literally 100:1 M people to non-M people that buy his stuff). People that have had way more cars and suspensions buy M cars and put Dinan stuff on it for 2 reasons; 1 - they have the money and 2 - it performs like a non-cash-restrained OE option, bc that's exactly what it is. It works.

The biggest keys for comfort are:
- Don't go too low (your Eibachs make me nervous here)
- Either get good quality twin tubes (Koni Yellows or B4 for budget option) or get custom valved mono-tubes (custom B6/8 are $3k, Ohlins R&T is $2k+)
- Buy the correct bumps stops for the application (stock, stock sport or z3m/z4 like Dinan's supplemental ride kit)

FCobra is on the right track here...The B12 kit for your application will likely be 90% the same you have now, except new. Check out the internal bump stop length on the B6/8. it's an insane 65mm in length which means you're riding on it all the time which means your ride is harsh at. I know, I know, lots of people use them around here and love them. The issue with this is three-fold. 1 - for many people this is their first set up and they have nothing to compare it to (except blown stock stuff, so yeah that's almost worthless) and 2 - they were not looking for ride quality and equate stiff with good performing which is just not true. 3 - they have very smooth roads and don't experience the harshness all the time. You could re-create the Dinan set-up with stock sport springs for similar money to B12.

The reality is that to go lower and get a better ride you have to spend more money, something most people are not willing to do on this now bargain-basement platform.

If I were you I'd emulate the stock sport set up with the highest-rate stock sport springs you can find (or Dinan for lower) with B4s (or yellows) and stock sport dampers or the z3m/z4 combo depending on your spring.

If you want to go lower and be more comfortable than you will have to modify your B6/8 or spend money a better set-up. Read up on Bilstein monotube bump stop modification - this alone can get you 1+ INCHES of usable travel back. Unfortunately, reducing gas pressure and valving cost lots more but also helps a lot more...

Choice is yours!

Last edited by tlow98; 04-16-2020 at 12:36 PM..
Appreciate 2
sav_e9232.50
      04-16-2020, 04:12 PM   #30
bimmerfan1972
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi

Garage List
My OEM shocks were done and I agonized over what to get for a while. Finally said screw it and went with B4 and stock springs, and I am quite happy. It is a fairly soft ride but I don't clench every time I hit even the smallest pothole now. Just my 2 cents.
      04-17-2020, 10:02 AM   #31
W37V
[Oo=||=oO]
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Well, alright, here's how i read your situation:
- you have B6 with stock springs
- you wanted something softer, but also lower
I could see how you could interpret that I was looking for lower ride. I am not. I am looking for smoother ride with better handling than stock. Since my car is e92 rwd, it came with sport suspension and it is fairly low. If I had to, I would go lower, but I am not purposely trying to lower the car. It scrapes coming out of work garage already, so making it lower is not my intent.

Quote:
I recommend Dinan stuff because, while pricey, they universally create amazing stuff. You can almost always complain about Dinan's price but I've never read a bad comment about their suspension stuff.
Actually, they appear on par if not cheaper than its competitors. Right now springs sell for $280. Eibach is $260.
https://www.dinancars.com/products/s...arts/D100-0497
The only thing is that Dinan does not list any prongs for 328. They list springs for 335 and for xi models. I am hoping that springs from 335 would be acceptable.

Quote:
It's always OEM+ grade. This seems to align very well with what you want. A slightly lower and better ride. That's the Dinan springs + yellows + Supplemental ride kit in a nutshell. Just piece it together yourself and don't pay Dinan prices. Supplemental ride kit = z3m front stops and z4 rear stops.
That's what I figured as well.
Quote:
People on the non-M platform almost never buy Dinan, bc it's out of their price range. (I've talked with Steve Dinan himself about this - it's literally 100:1 M people to non-M people that buy his stuff). People that have had way more cars and suspensions buy M cars and put Dinan stuff on it for 2 reasons; 1 - they have the money and 2 - it performs like a non-cash-restrained OE option, bc that's exactly what it is. It works.
That's what I noticed as well. Bunch of reviews on M5, M3 forums, but 3-4 on regular forums. On regular forums, mostly it is people who have xi models, since it does not appear that there are many options (if any) of aftermarket springs available for xi cars (that would not cause issues).
Quote:
The biggest keys for comfort are:
- Don't go too low (your Eibachs make me nervous here)
- Either get good quality twin tubes (Koni Yellows or B4 for budget option) or get custom valved mono-tubes (custom B6/8 are $3k, Ohlins R&T is $2k+)
- Buy the correct bumps stops for the application (stock, stock sport or z3m/z4 like Dinan's supplemental ride kit)
Solid advice
Quote:
FCobra is on the right track here...The B12 kit for your application will likely be 90% the same you have now, except new. Check out the internal bump stop length on the B6/8. it's an insane 65mm in length which means you're riding on it all the time which means your ride is harsh at. I know, I know, lots of people use them around here and love them. The issue with this is three-fold. 1 - for many people this is their first set up and they have nothing to compare it to (except blown stock stuff, so yeah that's almost worthless) and 2 - they were not looking for ride quality and equate stiff with good performing which is just not true. 3 - they have very smooth roads and don't experience the harshness all the time. You could re-create the Dinan set-up with stock sport springs for similar money to B12.
My thinking when I said that I should just get B12 is as follows: If I can't get comfort ride, might as well just go for ultimate handling and suck it up on the comfort side.
Quote:
The reality is that to go lower and get a better ride you have to spend more money, something most people are not willing to do on this now bargain-basement platform.
I had this car for a long time. It's paid off. By the book, it is not worth much, but the car is worth a lot to me. It's my baby. So, spending few $ on it to keep it in tip-top shape is not an issue.
Quote:
If I were you I'd emulate the stock sport set up with the highest-rate stock sport springs you can find (or Dinan for lower) with B4s (or yellows) and stock sport dampers or the z3m/z4 combo depending on your spring.
Aren't yellows same as B6/8?
Quote:
If you want to go lower and be more comfortable than you will have to modify your B6/8 or spend money a better set-up. Read up on Bilstein monotube bump stop modification - this alone can get you 1+ INCHES of usable travel back. Unfortunately, reducing gas pressure and valving cost lots more but also helps a lot more...
Like I mentioned above, not looking for lower. Not a goal. Better handling - yes. Smoother ride - yes. Lower - unless necessary. I also don't feel like the car is riding on bumpstops. On higher speeds, my current setup is good, but not great. It just doesn't feel as direct. Also, when I drove newer BMWs I noticed how much lean my car has compared to them. I want to eliminate the lean and improve the ride in general. Bring it closer to the newer G cars (which I was told already that I can't do)
Quote:
Choice is yours!
Thank you for providing me with information necessary to make an informed choice. I do appreciate it.

It seems like strutmonkey has all combinations listed including Dinan with B4 (SM101 kit). http://www.strutmonkey.com/store/c2/..._3-series.html
It's unfortunate that there are no mentions of these setups. I would just hate to drop $1000 on a suspension and end up hating it.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2020, 11:24 AM   #32
tlow98
Major General
Rep

OK, good to know about not wanting to go lower.

if you want great handling and a better ride then just do one thing: Koni Yellows. This is what I meant above when I said " with B4s (or yellows) and stock sport dampers " but I could see this is confusing given Bilstein B6/8 are actually also yellow in color. Most people mean Koni yellows when they use the term 'yellow' colloquially. But certainly is confusing in this context. Koni Yellows are just about the best Twin tube outside of anything done custom by TCKline.

They offer 90% of the performance of Bilstein B6/8 and 100% better road manners at all times. Pair them with new sport OE bumpstops and whatever other hardware you need.

Adjust to your liking and done.

That't the best 90% of the Dinan set up - the Koni Yellows. If you're happy with your current ride height then you'll be fine with your current springs.

Again, just my opinion, but after 15 years of experiments, this is what I've learned.

Last edited by tlow98; 04-17-2020 at 12:02 PM..
Appreciate 2
ppointer743.00
      04-17-2020, 09:22 PM   #33
sav_e92
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ‘07 328xi Coupe

Quote:
OK, good to know about not wanting to go lower.

if you want great handling and a better ride then just do one thing: Koni Yellows. This is what I meant above when I said " with B4s (or yellows) and stock sport dampers " but I could see this is confusing given Bilstein B6/8 are actually also yellow in color. Most people mean Koni yellows when they use the term 'yellow' colloquially. But certainly is confusing in this context. Koni Yellows are just about the best Twin tube outside of anything done custom by TCKline.

They offer 90% of the performance of Bilstein B6/8 and 100% better road manners at all times. Pair them with new sport OE bumpstops and whatever other hardware you need.

Adjust to your liking and done.

That't the best 90% of the Dinan set up - the Koni Yellows. If you're happy with your current ride height then you'll be fine with your current springs.

Again, just my opinion, but after 15 years of experiments, this is what I've learned.
Couldn’t agree more. I just recently installed Koni yellows with my stock sport springs on my e92 (xi) and I love the feel. They are not harsh at all but have nicely firmed up the ride and made the car feel much more controlled in all conditions. I live in the northeast where potholes and frost heaves are everywhere and these feel great over the bumps. I didn’t want to lower because I’ll need the ground clearance for winter and for the rough roads. I can’t say a bad thing about the Koni’s for this purpose... I’ll buy them for my next car too when the time comes.
Appreciate 1
      04-17-2020, 09:36 PM   #34
cpie168
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 328i 6MT ZSP BSM

SAVAGE, what settings did you adjust your yellows to? I read some members saying even at full soft the yellows are still quite firm?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2020, 08:39 AM   #35
sav_e92
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ‘07 328xi Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpie168 View Post
SAVAGE, what settings did you adjust your yellows to? I read some members saying even at full soft the yellows are still quite firm?
I’m at one full turn from full soft all around. They are indeed firm, but not harsh. Based on where mine are set now I would think that full soft would be just a bit firmer than stock if at all.
Appreciate 1
      04-20-2020, 11:41 AM   #36
W37V
[Oo=||=oO]
No_Country
Rep

Quote:

So, I reached out to Dinan and they no longer sells springs for 328i (rwd) cars - D100-0495. They still kit for 335i / is - D100-0926; however, rep said: "Thanks for reaching out, unfortunately that part number will not work for you application.".

Any advice?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 12:17 PM   #37
tlow98
Major General
Rep

Quote:
So, I reached out to Dinan and they no longer sells springs for 328i (rwd) cars - D100-0495. They still kit for 335i / is - D100-0926; however, rep said: "Thanks for reaching out, unfortunately that part number will not work for you application.".

Any advice?
Have to buy used or get the 335i/s ones. They will ride slightly higher in the front than what Dinan says they will ride at. How much? who's to say... Your car weighs ~200 less on the front axle.

My equation was different with my wagon, since no one sells anything. Ended up with D7 front springs (335i coupe/sedan sport) and D8 rear springs (335i convertible sport). I needed to balance the extra weight in the rear, plus I wanted higher springs rates, plus I actually want to raise the car. I'm also adding front spring perches (gain 12mm in height) and rear E46 springs pads as well (another 14mm in the rear gain).

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any easy way to drop the front the 5mm (1/4" guessing here...) you will be gaining. Honestly, it's kind of hard to make a play book on this until you install the springs and go from there.

Again, if you like your current ride height, springs are an unnecessary expense, imo. Especially if you're looking at B4 shocks I would stay stick with stock springs as Bilstein tuned them to work together (to some extent). If going Koni yellows it's easier to open up the spring collection.

Appreciate 1
      04-20-2020, 12:57 PM   #38
bluewater328
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 bluewater 328i LCI sedan

Quote:
Have to buy used or get the 335i/s ones. They will ride slightly higher in the front than what Dinan says they will ride at. How much? who's to say... Your car weighs ~200 less on the front axle.

My equation was different with my wagon, since no one sells anything. Ended up with D7 front springs (335i coupe/sedan sport) and D8 rear springs (335i convertible sport). I needed to balance the extra weight in the rear, plus I wanted higher springs rates, plus I actually want to raise the car. I'm also adding front spring perches (gain 12mm in height) and rear E46 springs pads as well (another 14mm in the rear gain).

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any easy way to drop the front the 5mm (1/4" guessing here...) you will be gaining. Honestly, it's kind of hard to make a play book on this until you install the springs and go from there.

Again, if you like your current ride height, springs are an unnecessary expense, imo. Especially if you're looking at B4 shocks I would stay stick with stock springs as Bilstein tuned them to work together (to some extent). If going Koni yellows it's easier to open up the spring collection.

You use the supreme lowering perches to take it down - takes it down exactly that much. If anyone needs it, I have a set available.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 02:10 PM   #39
tlow98
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewater328 View Post
You use the supreme lowering perches to take it down - takes it down exactly that much. If anyone needs it, I have a set available.
There we go. solid info. thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2020, 05:12 PM   #40
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Plus, after seeing this video from tirerack, I think I might be convinced that B12 is way to go and I should just suck it up:
Read the review here:
*cringe*

Please don't...tlow98 is providing a ton of great info here that would actually get you in *better* position than you are seeking.

At this point you should have already learned your lesson when going with improper equipment:
https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1296246

I guess we'll just leave you to continue to trust brand marketing instead though...have fun shooting yourself in the other foot this time around.
Appreciate 1
W37V1102.50
      04-23-2020, 09:01 PM   #41
W37V
[Oo=||=oO]
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
*cringe*

Please don't...tlow98 is providing a ton of great info here that would actually get you in *better* position than you are seeking.

At this point you should have already learned your lesson when going with improper equipment:
https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1296246

I guess we'll just leave you to continue to trust brand marketing instead though...have fun shooting yourself in the other foot this time around.
I appreciate honest comment. You did some digging for sure.

However, wouldn't improper equipment be Dinan spring that was meant for 335i? Wouldn't using perches be a band aid solution?

So let's say Dinan is out. tlow98 is not recommending pro-kit, if anything he is advising staying with stock springs. So, based on all that, my option is to just swap out shocks. OK, I go with that route. What to get? Koni yellow? Based on readings, it takes several tries to adjust them properly which require taking them off?? People also claim that they rust out too quickly. (I'm in NoVa, so rust is not really an issues, but still). If Koni is brand to go with, then then their new Red is the best option. Gets good reviews. However, Koni itself is selling kits where they combined Eibach springs with either Yellow or Red shocks, which adds fo confusion .

Our platform is getting old. Players who used to be in the game and supported it are moving on to the new generation of cars. Don't blame them, but from what is left, it does not appear that there are too many great choices.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2020, 09:37 PM   #42
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

...that's because the choices that already exist are plenty fine.

You're worried that the Dinans wont be a good match, yet you think the Pro Kits will be? The springs they spec for your car are what they also suggest for everything from a base model manual e92 (lightest factory option) to a fully optioned automatic diesel e90 (heaviest factory option)...but that makes sense somehow?

If you want Yellows you at least go with the rear Dinan versions that are easily/externally adjustable.

Yeah, no go on the lowering perches. That makes a crashy bump stop car into an even worse crashy bump stop car.

Your options are as follows:
-Keep what you got (which prob is the best bet)
-Dinan springs w/ B8s or Yellows
-if current dampers are blown (B6 do blow out on sport springs you know) keep stock springs and go with b8 or yellows
-some other set of aftermarket springs that actually have a respectable spring rate, then shim them to stock-ish height with front oem perches and rear oem spacers (given the research involved, this option would likely make your head explode)
-stock springs and crummy factory replacement b4, red, STR.T (or however dumb way they spell it), etc...plenty of lame reviews on all those options
-with any of the above options, you can trim the strut tab to drop the front a bit lower. This is a free mod and you lose no suspension travel

Good luck
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2020, 02:42 PM   #43
W37V
[Oo=||=oO]
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
...that's because the choices that already exist are plenty fine.

You're worried that the Dinans wont be a good match, yet you think the Pro Kits will be? The springs they spec for your car are what they also suggest for everything from a base model manual e92 (lightest factory option) to a fully optioned automatic diesel e90 (heaviest factory option)...but that makes sense somehow?
Yeah no... Eibach springs are different for 328 (part# 2085.140) and 335 (2092.140). So, no... However, I mentioned Eibach springs as they provide same ride quality as stock, but when pushed are better. They also offer lower center of gravity, thus better control and directiveness.

Quote:
If you want Yellows you at least go with the rear Dinan versions that are easily/externally adjustable.

Yeah, no go on the lowering perches. That makes a crashy bump stop car into an even worse crashy bump stop car.
If I wanted adjustments, I would just go with fully adjustable suspension.

Quote:
Your options are as follows:
-Keep what you got (which prob is the best bet)
This option was fine, but as I am using the car differently / over different roads now than from 5-6 years ago. This does not suit me anymore. Driving over bumpy roads for an hour day gets tiring, thus this thread.

Quote:
-Dinan springs w/ B8s or Yellows
As they don't have springs for 328, I am passing on them. If they still offered them, this would def be the route I would take.

Quote:
-if current dampers are blown (B6 do blow out on sport springs you know) keep stock springs and go with b8 or yellows
I am fully aware that my shocks might be on their last leg. I have almost 50k on these shocks. There is some oil around the shaft.

Quote:
-some other set of aftermarket springs that actually have a respectable spring rate, then shim them to stock-ish height with front oem perches and rear oem spacers (given the research involved, this option would likely make your head explode)
Don't care for this option. Thank you for mentioning it.

Quote:
-stock springs and crummy factory replacement b4, red, STR.T (or however dumb way they spell it), etc...plenty of lame reviews on all those options
Thus my question about how to maintain better ride, but make it smoother.

Quote:
-with any of the above options, you can trim the strut tab to drop the front a bit lower. This is a free mod and you lose no suspension travel
I don't care about lowering the car.

Quote:
Good luck
Thanks. I think there are quite few good options listed on here. Some things might be worth trying, even for just to experiment. I mean, I spent more on dumber shit.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2020, 10:21 PM   #44
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
However, I mentioned Eibach springs as they provide same ride quality as stock, but when pushed are better. They also offer lower center of gravity, thus better control and directiveness.
So springs that are the same spring rate as stock will supposedly have the same ride quality as stock, "but when pushed are better." Grammar aside, how could that statement possibly make any sense?

Also, of all the mods these cars can benefit from, "lower center of gravity" is towards the bottom of the list when it comes to appreciable differences. Read page 39...you can't argue with science:
https://books.google.com/books?id=bH...erform&f=false

Stiffer spring rates, stiffer bushings, etc. those will all help tame weight transfer/deflection for sure ... the only time you ever read about supposed benefits of lower center of gravity anymore is on the back of those dusty/old product pamphlets you would likely find on the sales counter at your local Meineke.

Quote:
If I wanted adjustments, I would just go with fully adjustable suspension.
So why did you even bother mentioning Yellows previously?

Quote:
I don't care about lowering the car.
And forgo all the benefits of lower center of gravity!? For shame
Appreciate 0