E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > A Re-intro... back in an E9x again. *random pic heavy*

11-24-2016, 01:01 PM   #1
Chrisrw
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

A Re-intro... back in an E9x again. *random pic heavy*

Just thought I'd throw up a post as a sort of re-intro on this site. I owned an E92 for years and was on here... but obviously when I sold it I didn't really come back much. I'll toss up other pictures just because I feel like we are all car guys and like staring at pics... So heres a short car history.

Got into BMW's with my e46. I spent a lot of money and didn't accomplish much with this car.. Just like everyones first I presume.. haha

Then came the day I put my big boy pants on.. I traded it in for an E92 335i Sport. This is still the best car I have ever owned...

Stock:

It's winter set up (this pic was before the snow hit):

And what it looked like when I sold it:

And I could not fight off the need for a cool street car for long... This summer I picked this thing up. It's an 08 M-tech with only about 50K miles on it. I ordered a JB4 and intake before I even brought it home, and am just looking at downpipes this week:

Back when I owned the E92, I got the itch to start taking it to the track... and did a few times. I then caught the drifting bug and bought this thing. If you only care about BMW's.. just stop now

The day it arrived (had it shipped to Canada from the US):

It soon got a new nickname (if you can read German):

What it looked like during the drifter phase of it's life:

And just a few action pics:

And then... I started getting into road racing... :S Goodbye money. It was nice knowing you for the 2 seconds you were in my account (although my wife has now put her foot down a bit... and by that I mean she wants parts for HER car.. lol):

I went out and got a trailer and a tow rig (part of the reason I had to sell the E92 at the time):

And I have finally had it out to the track a few times... Although it is not totally sorted out yet:

On a totally unrelated note... I was also fortunate enough to drive this thing on the Nurburgring. It was an experience I will never forget (that's me driving it!). I was supposed to drive it alone... until I mentioned that I road raced. One of the guys in the office offered to come with for one lap and help me "really" drive it. Turns out he was a driver for Audi that was racing an enduro on the track that weekend. It was in-nerving at WOT over a blind crest into a corner I had never seen with his telling me to "keep the hammer down"... all the while knowing that if I ruined the car... they were going to put 65,000 EU on my Visa. haha!

Anyway.. I'm sure no one has even made it this far down, but I am excited to be back in an E9x. The entire scene has changed since I was last around. I mean I still had a Vishnu chip on my coupe! I'm old. Gross.

07 335i / Black on Red / Sport / Premium / 19'' Rims / Matte Black 18'' Winters / Vishnu / DCI / CF wrap / HID AE / OEM lip / H&R race / Titek / HKS
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2016, 01:48 PM   #2
Ruddigger
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 E91

Cool cars, welcome back.
      11-24-2016, 03:31 PM   #3
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Interesting history. Welcome back!
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2016, 09:59 AM   #4
lee.minwoo_
instagram: black.listed_
Rep
Drives: e92.| e90.| E70.| P. | Duc.

Welcome back!! I can't tell, but I think I've seen you around before!! Edmonton or Calgary??

| Instagram: black.listed_ |
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2016, 10:38 AM   #5
Chrisrw
First Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks. I actually grew up in calgary but lived in edmonton while I had the black E92. The Nissan I have owned for a decade so it has seen both cities.

07 335i / Black on Red / Sport / Premium / 19'' Rims / Matte Black 18'' Winters / Vishnu / DCI / CF wrap / HID AE / OEM lip / H&R race / Titek / HKS
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2016, 02:11 PM   #6
asquared
E39
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2000 540i

Nice man....I recently got back into the game when I purchased my 2010 E90 M-sport back in may. I had a FBO 135i, but then kids happened so it was too small. Got the itch pretty quickly and found my e90 with only 40k on it. Just couldn't stay away lol.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2016, 11:12 PM   #7
Chrisrw
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by asquared View Post
Nice man....I recently got back into the game when I purchased my 2010 E90 M-sport back in may. I had a FBO 135i, but then kids happened so it was too small. Got the itch pretty quickly and found my e90 with only 40k on it. Just couldn't stay away lol.
That's exactly why I got an e90! It was this or a vert E46 M3 and that doesn't do so well with a baby seat.

Appreciate 0