E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > bmwexecutive got into a HIT & RUN accident -- *Pictures*

Closed Thread

03-26-2007, 11:03 AM   #155
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

UPDATE - Monday, 3/26:

Turns out the guy I know at the Ferman BMW Collison Center is actually also a Field Examiner for my insurance company. I found this out after calling him. So, he's not an independent adjuster afterall. He works for my insurance company.

Anywho, after discovering that, I called my insurance company back and had them tranfer the field inspection to the man I know at the BMW Collison Center. They did so and an hour later I drove up to Tarpon Springs to have the car examined. The guy took pictures, asked me questions and documented everything. He didn't give me an estimate but said off the top of his head he thinks my $3,800 estimate is close.

He told me he's going to talk to my adjuster about getting the money for the headlight transfered over to me so I can buy the Euro-spec Xenons and then said he'd be in touch. Before I left we setup an appointment for Monday at 9AM. He told me it will take 3 days to repair everything and I can come in on Thursday to pick her up.

So for now, she's drivable and I guess I'll be driving her around with a busted headlight and front bumper for the next week, at which time I'll believe I'll be getting a BMW 325i or 330i as my rental for the 3 days the car is at the body shop.

So far so good.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2007, 11:04 AM   #156
BimmerCrack
Rep
Drives: 06 325ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwexecutive View Post
In fact, several guns and a couple fully automatic rifles, including an M16. With, don't ask me why, but a stash of over a thousand rounds of ammo.
dude, you should carry one in you car. why not? Do you have a concealed weapons permit? Are you afraid of what you might do in the heat of the moment?
Not trying to diss or anything but you a real "Paper Gangster" with the lawsuits and agressiveness you seem to have with getting this kid in court, but you have a House Full o' Guns.
I dont get it.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2007, 11:19 AM   #157
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerCrack View Post
dude, you should carry one in you car. why not? Do you have a concealed weapons permit? Are you afraid of what you might do in the heat of the moment?
Not trying to diss or anything but you a real "Paper Gangster" with the lawsuits and agressiveness you seem to have with getting this kid in court, but you have a House Full o' Guns.
I dont get it.
No concealed weapons permit.

I plan on getting one in the future though. My brother has one and stores a small handgun in his glovebox.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2007, 11:52 AM   #158
SDYANKEE
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335

Quote:
No concealed weapons permit.

I plan on getting one in the future though. My brother has one and stores a small handgun in his glovebox.
You guys are NUTS. What good does carrying a gun in your car bring you? If you flash a gun and the other guy has a gun, you'll get lit up. What happens when you get upset again? Are you going to be pulling a gun and making a decision that you'll regret for the rest of your life?

bmwexecutive - in all seriousness, I have followed this post over the days and would like nothing more for you than to see the kid get whats coming to him, but carrying a gun in the car with you is a lose-lose situation in my opinion.

I hope everything works out for you, and I look forward to reading this thread's progress over the next few days, but you can't honestly be thinking about carrying a gun in your car. Peope like that scare me. Everyone makes mistakes, but a mistake made with a gun could be the difference between a mistake bothering you for a day versus your entire life.
      03-26-2007, 12:19 PM   #159
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

"bmwExecutive" good luck, sounds like you have a lot to deal with here...

Florida seems to have gotten inside your head. Sucks, but from your own account and just like so many other things in life, it took 2 to get where you're at here. Thumping chest and CIVIL SUIT? Just a sad sad statement on the state of affairs today...

Just remember, the guy you drag into a Civil suit is going to have friends and will have ACCESS to ALL of your Personal Information, address, work....
Heck he might CONFRONT you in person! OH the TERROR! Think about it, you were scared enough once to whip out in front of a freaking f150, how are you going to do outside your vehicle?

"Couple of Fully Automatic Weapons" Yippa! So you have a class 3? 1000rnds? Whoop te' do? Wow! This just keeps getting better...

Sounds like a case I remember in Tampa where some distracted woman ran into a coworker with her M3. Lady is fully at fault, makes threats, carries on pitches a fit and eventually gets a small claims suit filed against an Admin assistant driving a $1200 car, making $30k a year. WTF? This is same kind of thing. Frivolous and cowardly. An effort to "Make someone Pay" Blah Blah Blah... Cut your losses, man up, and move on.

Seriously though, sounds like you have a whole Truck load of anger inside you needing to be worked out. This whole thing is such a classic clusterfuck. Things started off with tailgating and much exaggerated drama. Basically kid/asshole scared you/startled you/ whatever the case. Fear Makes you Mad, then anger turns into a HUGE Drama by playing some idiots game... think about it.

I am not saying that You suck or are somehow unique. Most of us here have probably been right where you were at in our cars and pissed off. But to start Crying VICTIM VICTIM, and expecting everyone to just sign off and say "Oh Yeah, the OTHER guy was Completely at fault" is silly. Like I said, WE'VE ALL been there or near your situation before, it's something many of us can recognize right away. Don't think that a judge in small claims or a jury in a civil case, or arbitrator is going to be any more blind. Even from your own account you were playing this idiots game and got the short end, nearly killing yourself and an innocent motorist or two in the process... Let alone what's going to happen when things are in court and BOTH sides have their chance to tell their stories.

I've been where you were with the Road rage man. You've got to let it go before it really starts messing things up. I don't know if you have any Security clearances or not but this sort of thing can balloon and come back to haunt you.

Take it as a lesson learned, chalk it up to experience and press on. Karma will take care of who was right or wrong.

Besides, from the sounds of things you're going to be looking at a Pyrrhic victory at best. Even if you manage to get some award the likely consequences and expenses are not going to be worth it.
      03-26-2007, 12:24 PM   #160
Glacked
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 328i

Yep, I'm a cop.

I'd caution you against the firearm in the car unless you've really thought it over. The situation described would not rise to the level of being a justified shooting incident, in my opinion. I find that most people do not put enough thought into carrying concealled. The liability involved is severe. While I understand that there are times to use deadly force in the defense of yourself or another, those times are few and far between. Knowing what high stress incidents do to "reasonable" judgement, most folks would be better off leaving it at the house - unless you put forth great effort into learning not only the legality of such, but dedicating the time into training up on what to do. Highly recommend a book On Combat by Grossman if you decide to carry.

Everyone wants their pound of flesh. You were wronged and feel the need to be made right. Well, the courtroom is the place for that now - if you so decide. On the side of the road? Not the best place to solve an issue. There are too many unknowns to deal with. While many here may be completely capable when it comes to defending themselves, I've been around long enough to know there is always someone better. They also will generally look like someone you can take. I try to live by the rule that my nuts won't make decisions for me and I've happily walked away from people who wanted to fight. Yeah, it stung the ego a bit - but at the end of the day, I can look down and see it didn't shrink anything below the belt.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2007, 12:31 PM   #161
sunchild
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacked View Post
...Yeah, it stung the ego a bit - but at the end of the day, I can look down and see it didn't shrink anything below the belt.

Deep thoughts you think, my jedi friend.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2007, 12:37 PM   #162
beamer2001
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1smo View Post
I seriously doubt you would kick my ass in real life considering you have to create a new account just to make this post. LOL I'm flattered that you look at me as a god but I assure you that I am not. Keep reading my posts, I look forward to irritating you some more.. hahahhahaa

P.S. There is an "Ignore" function, retard.

Good critical reading skills. I have been browsing the boards but have NEVER made an account b/c I only browse, never post. I did not create a 2nd "new" fake account just to make this post. This is my new account. I remember when you used to come around bragging about your shitty FWD Maxima (or 911 turbo in your mind). That car was barely acceptable even in a straight line, let alone trying to maneuver that thing. Yet, you are disgusted by 328 and 325 drivers because they do not deserve to live, driving such underpowered cars. My question is, why do you even chime in at all when you have nothing constructive to say? When, all you want to do is attack and criticize the OP? It quickly makes the topic take a turn and most members just end up spending the rest of the topic wasting their time and arguing with your pointless opinions. So what if someone thinks their 325/328 has a lot of HP or is quick? Why does it bother you? Why do you have to demean them and *make sure* they know that you are semi-godly and they drive the slowest car available?

And thanks for the tip, now that i have my own account, you have been placed on ignore. Thanks for the amusement.

Oh yeah, you're 32 years old and you have a myspace page? That says a lot about you and your social life. I know people like you. You probably live in your parent's basement and play world of warcraft all day. And on the "internet" you drive a 335i, are a helicopter pilot or w/e you are, etc. You take out your plight and aggression on "weak" unsuspecting message board members to make up for your crappy life.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2007, 12:39 PM   #163
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlis View Post
Even from your own account you were playing this idiots game and got the short end, nearly killing yourself and an innocent motorist or two in the process...
Please explain to me how I could have killed an innocent motorist in the process?

I want to make this VERY clear: I was NOT weaving in and out of traffic. I was NOT tailgating others. The only thing I did was speed up just a little bit (did not exceed 3K RPM to give you an example) in order to close the small gap so he couldn't cut me off. There wasn't room for him to pass me. If he wanted to get in front of me he was going to have to cut me off and I didn't want that, as I'm sure none of you guys would either.

The real reason behind why this kid did what he did is obvious; at least to me: envy. Some people can't stand other's driving nicer cars and that's the way it is. Ironically, I was watching a movie last night where one of the guy's in the movie was saying something to the effect of "Man, that's a nice car. But if I saw someone like me driving that car, I'd kill me because I'd be too jealous." Definitely made me think about envy as being the primary motivator of this guy's actions.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2007, 12:42 PM   #164
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Yep, I'm a cop.

I'd caution you against the firearm in the car unless you've really thought it over. The situation described would not rise to the level of being a justified shooting incident, in my opinion. I find that most people do not put enough thought into carrying concealled. The liability involved is severe. While I understand that there are times to use deadly force in the defense of yourself or another, those times are few and far between. Knowing what high stress incidents do to "reasonable" judgement, most folks would be better off leaving it at the house - unless you put forth great effort into learning not only the legality of such, but dedicating the time into training up on what to do. Highly recommend a book On Combat by Grossman if you decide to carry.

Everyone wants their pound of flesh. You were wronged and feel the need to be made right. Well, the courtroom is the place for that now - if you so decide. On the side of the road? Not the best place to solve an issue. There are too many unknowns to deal with. While many here may be completely capable when it comes to defending themselves, I've been around long enough to know there is always someone better. They also will generally look like someone you can take. I try to live by the rule that my nuts won't make decisions for me and I've happily walked away from people who wanted to fight. Yeah, it stung the ego a bit - but at the end of the day, I can look down and see it didn't shrink anything below the belt.
Great post. I enjoyed "Yeah, it stung the ego a bit - but at the end of the day, I can look down and see it didn't shrink anything below the belt."

As far as carrying the handgun goes, as I understand it, under Florida law, in such an instance where I felt my life was threatened I'd be permitted by law to "show" the kid my gun through the window. More than likely, he would back off at that point knowing things could escalate fast. Then, if I knew beyond any doubt that my life was indeed in danger, I could use the gun---such as if the kid pulled out a gun of his own.

Am I right on those points?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2007, 01:19 PM   #165
Revlis
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Please explain to me how I could have killed an innocent motorist in the process?

I want to make this VERY clear: I was NOT weaving in and out of traffic. I was NOT tailgating others. The only thing I did was speed up just a little bit (did not exceed 3K RPM to give you an example) in order to close the small gap so he couldn't cut me off. There wasn't room for him to pass me. If he wanted to get in front of me he was going to have to cut me off and I didn't want that, as I'm sure none of you guys would either.

The real reason behind why this kid did what he did is obvious; at least to me: envy. Some people can't stand other's driving nicer cars and that's the way it is. Ironically, I was watching a movie last night where one of the guy's in the movie was saying something to the effect of "Man, that's a nice car. But if I saw someone like me driving that car, I'd kill me because I'd be too jealous." Definitely made me think about envy as being the primary motivator of this guy's actions.
As you pulled away from the dipshit in the road, you pulled directly into the path of an F150, correct? If things had (and easily could have) gone differently you could be directly responsible for the death of a driver involved in a rollover accident, or a head on collision in oncoming lanes as the F150 having struck your hood instead of just the fender was knocked into oncoming traffic. NOT an unlikely scenario.

GET OVER THE CAR!!!! YES people do tend to assume that the bimmer driver is going to be a prick. But DO NOT ASSUME IT's ENVY! IT'S JUST A CAR, and Just a 3 series. You're assumption that other drivers envy you or somehow wish they were you is part of the problem here. You're so busy thinking folks are jealous and looking for external reasons for this behavior that you are still missing your part in the ugliness.

You want folks to think you're cool? You want to drive around and impress folks? Impress them with your courtesy, your manners, be the Gentleman that should be behind the wheel at all times. Don't play the games, seriously. :rocks:

I understand Florida traffic trust me, try it on a Motorcycle at some point. But, ease up a little, remember that 10mph over the limit over 40 miles doesn't really get you anywhere and simply enjoy the drive. Avoid feeling entitled to anything, thats a fantastic first step. Then, Lock your Ego in the trunk.

Also, next time this shit happens? Do not allow someone to stop you in traffic, HUGE NO NO... Don't let people rent space in your head.

So uh whats the story with the Auto Weapons? By Auto you of course meant semi-Auto, and By M16 you meant Airsoft?
      03-26-2007, 01:22 PM   #166
Revlis
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Great post. I enjoyed "Yeah, it stung the ego a bit - but at the end of the day, I can look down and see it didn't shrink anything below the belt."

As far as carrying the handgun goes, as I understand it, under Florida law, in such an instance where I felt my life was threatened I'd be permitted by law to "show" the kid my gun through the window. More than likely, he would back off at that point knowing things could escalate fast. Then, if I knew beyond any doubt that my life was indeed in danger, I could use the gun---such as if the kid pulled out a gun of his own.

Am I right on those points?

I'd read the law more carefully, "Displaying a handgun" is not an Option according to Florida Law. I would hold off on carrying concealed though, at least till this kind of thing Doesn't happen anymore. Seriously, I think it's Florida, it does horrible things to peoples souls...

Also in a provoked situation like this, you are not clearly in the right in the use of Deadly force, any use of deadly force in this case would likely and rightly IMO result in criminal charges.
      03-26-2007, 01:26 PM   #167
lkraven
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
I do think that might have had something to do with it. Never really thought about that. But, there's really no way to prove that my driving a nicer car is what further motivated his actions. I am looking into contacting a lawyer on Monday to see what he suggests and whether I can take this further.
Quote:
Which is it?

I am still really really sorry for what happened to you, though I can't help but read some of your posts and be reminded that you are only one side of the story, what with the talk of lawsuits, etc. Forgive me for coming to this conclusion, but I am getting more and more the sense that what happened was that this guy REALLY got under your skin, bruised your ego, and you're out for vengeance.

I can't really say whether or not envy was his motivating factor-- but neither can anyone else. The truth is, a 3 series is a nice car, but it's not THAT nice of a car...

It's just as possible that kid went to GMCSUVForums and posted something like:

"So I was in a hurry to make the meet, had to drive a little aggressively and was really enjoying the new chip in the truck. I'm trying to get into this lane and this jerk in a BMW (no surprise huh?) speeds up to prevent me from getting into his lane, and he's also talking like he's on the phone or something. Well, I finally get into his lane and he's all ticked off and I kind of lost my cool and stopped the car in front of him. I'm getting out to give him a piece of my mine (I know! dumb, dumb) when this guy turns the wheel, floors it, I dunno to run me over or something and smacks into a passing F150, destroying the front end of his car. I just laugh and get back in the car and drive off."

I'm probably going to get flamed mercilessly for this, but what is clear is that if you were not MOSTLY responsible for the damage to your vehicle, you are at least PARTLY responsible-- and so far the focus on your end has been going after the guy who you prevented from getting ahead of you for reasons unspecified. And you're going to sue him. And you've been talking about "doing it over" so you can kick his ass... etc. etc.

I dunno man. As much as I would love to support you-- you are not some hapless victim here-- you got involved, and he got the better end of you and now you're coming off bitter, and you now assume it was envy that made him do it, and not your actions.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2007, 01:32 PM   #168
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Quote:
Yep, I'm a cop.

First real intelligent post! I have a carry permit, and RARELY keep a weapon in the car. The temptation to escallate a situation to one that everyone regrets can sometimes be too easy.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2007, 02:08 PM   #169
Richwm
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 E90 330i 6MT, 01 E46 330i

Garage List
Quote:
Heh. It's not totalled man. Maybe $2K in damage. Not too too bad.
I would bet its more than that mine was $3500 and mine was less damage.
My guess is at least $4000
Attached Images

Mar 05 Build date,2006 E90 330i, Sport Package, Premium Package, TR MT-1's . V-1 Hard-wired power with custom V-1 Concealment Display . Rear fogs, Rear power outlet's, M short shifter knob, BlackLines, BMW Strut tower bar, CDV Delete, Front M3 wishbones + tension struts, BMW Performance shocks and springs, BMW Performance Brake kit F&R, OEM short shift kit. Rear M3 Guide rods and Wishbones.
2006 E-90 330i with 302,000 miles.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2007, 02:26 PM   #170
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlis View Post
As you pulled away from the dipshit in the road, you pulled directly into the path of an F150, correct? If things had (and easily could have) gone differently you could be directly responsible for the death of a driver involved in a rollover accident, or a head on collision in oncoming lanes as the F150 having struck your hood instead of just the fender was knocked into oncoming traffic. NOT an unlikely scenario.

GET OVER THE CAR!!!! YES people do tend to assume that the bimmer driver is going to be a prick. But DO NOT ASSUME IT's ENVY! IT'S JUST A CAR, and Just a 3 series. You're assumption that other drivers envy you or somehow wish they were you is part of the problem here. You're so busy thinking folks are jealous and looking for external reasons for this behavior that you are still missing your part in the ugliness.

You want folks to think you're cool? You want to drive around and impress folks? Impress them with your courtesy, your manners, be the Gentleman that should be behind the wheel at all times. Don't play the games, seriously. :rocks:

I understand Florida traffic trust me, try it on a Motorcycle at some point. But, ease up a little, remember that 10mph over the limit over 40 miles doesn't really get you anywhere and simply enjoy the drive. Avoid feeling entitled to anything, thats a fantastic first step. Then, Lock your Ego in the trunk.

Also, next time this shit happens? Do not allow someone to stop you in traffic, HUGE NO NO... Don't let people rent space in your head.

So uh whats the story with the Auto Weapons? By Auto you of course meant semi-Auto, and By M16 you meant Airsoft?
Revlis, let me only say this: You do not know who I am. You do not know me. Your statements are widley inaccurate and you think I believe things that I don't. Until you get to know me better, I suggest you stop throwing things out there that you think I believe which are untrue. And no, the M16 I have uses bullets. As in those things with gun powder inside that go boom. I'm not trying to sound like a hardass when I say M16 and make you believe that it's a real gun with it's a fake and plastic Airsoft gun. It is indeed a real gun and real bullets.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2007, 02:34 PM   #171
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richwm View Post
I would bet its more than that mine was $3500 and mine was less damage.
My guess is at least $4000
Hmmm... well, I should have an estimate from my adjuster in the next hour. Will let you know.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2007, 02:36 PM   #172
BimmerCrack
Rep
Drives: 06 325ci

This is getting out of hand. cant we all just get along?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2007, 02:38 PM   #173
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerCrack View Post
This is getting out of hand. cant we all just get along?
Everything thinks they are experts. That's the problem. So far I've only seen one real expert post in this thread and that's by Glacked because he is a police officer in real life, not some fantasy like n1smo and him being a helicopter pilot for the Airforce.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2007, 02:49 PM   #174
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Listen, "pissed my pants" boy. You can say a lot of things, but don't say I fly for the Air Force. I work for a living.. hahhahahahaa
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2007, 02:50 PM   #175
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2007, 02:54 PM   #176
JOYRIIDE1113
Pirate