E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > bmwexecutive got into a HIT & RUN accident -- *Pictures*

Closed Thread

03-26-2007, 03:02 PM   #177
BimmerCrack
Rep
Drives: 06 325ci

N1smo and exec, you guys are hilarious.
I wonder what will happen if you two ever met in person..
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2007, 03:07 PM   #178
lkraven
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerCrack View Post
N1smo and exec, you guys are hilarious.
I wonder what will happen if you two ever met in person..
Lots of heat, but no fire.

Or n1smo will approach exec, exec will fear for his life and shoot his concealed weapon at n1smo, missing him completely and killing an innocent pigeon while he turns and runs straight into a fire hydrant.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2007, 03:17 PM   #179
JOYRIIDE1113
Pirate
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailing Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkraven View Post

Or n1smo will approach exec, exec will fear for his life and shoot his concealed weapon at n1smo, missing him completely and killing an innocent pigeon while he turns and runs straight into a fire hydrant.

hAHA.. This thread is out of hand, Hilarious.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2007, 03:19 PM   #180
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkraven View Post

People talk a lot of smack on the Internet because they can hide behind they're computer when they're saying it. If it came down to one's actions in reality, I'll bet 90% of you guys would have acted exactly the same way I did.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2007, 03:22 PM   #181
lkraven
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwexecutive View Post
People talk a lot of smack on the Internet because they can hide behind they're computer when they're saying it. If it came down to one's actions in reality, I'll bet 90% of you guys would have acted exactly the same way I did.
All my previous posts were serious, but the one you are quoted was just joking-- I don't have any ill will towards you, though I did make a joke at your expense.

Seriously, good luck with everything.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2007, 03:24 PM   #182
tx330i
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

Now that I spent my entire lunch reading through this, I'll throw my couple cents in here.

I haven't quite figured out how old you are because some of the things you say are very immature. I'd be willing to bet that any cop, and anyone with a concealed carry permit would not talk about "brandishing" a gun or "showing" a gun to scare someone away. IF you feel the need to pull a gun, you should pull the trigger. The way you talk, I would bet the gun would get taken away from you and you'd get shot with your own gun. Do you realize that in this incident, you're out your deductible. If you shoot someone, even with a concealed carry permit, you're still going to want to get an attorney to help protect your rights and convince the DA not to charge you. Most CHL trainers (I know what mine said) will not tell you when you can legally shoot someone and when you shouldn't. Their default answer should be "as long as you think you can convince a jury that you were in fear for your life." Think about how much money you'll spend doing that. A lot more than your $500 deductible.

Suing him? What are your damages? Fine, you might get money for the damages to your car, but what other damages are you claiming that you feel you should get anything more than the cost to fix your car?

You asked if you will have to pay your deductible. Someone said yes, anytime you have a claim and a deductible, you have to pay it. You came back and said you know you have to pay it, but will get it back in a month or two when they get the money back from the other insurance company. That's not what you asked. You asked if you would have to pay it. The other poster was correct, yes you will.

"... in a month or two after your insurance company gets the money back from the other insurance company." I hope this happens. Count on 6+ months, not 1 or 2. But your claim may be too small for your insurance company to bother with. They may not even go after (subrogate - look it up) the other company and just chalk it up as another claim. They don't have to subrogate. You can't make them. If they don't, you don't get your deductible back.

"... he went after you because you were the car going the fastest." Sounds a bit odd, but it also sounds like he was going the fastest and you were blocking his way. If you were in the left hand lane, I'd be upset at you too. You're slower traffic. Move over. It sounds like there's a lot missing from the story. Unless you dialled 911 within the first 20 seconds of this happening, which begs the question of why you didn't just move over and get out of the way if there was a reckless driver around you, then it seems like there's another 2-5 minutes of playing around on the road that you're not telling us about. Did he really get out of his SUV just because you didn't let him get in front of you once?

I'm sorry this happened to you. I hope your insurance company pays, and they subrogate to the other insurance company and you get your deductible back. The cops might give the other guy a ticket, or pursue charges. Might not. Who knows. But I think a lawsuit has the potential to not get you what you want, and get you more visibility to this SUV driver than you want. Good luck with things.
      03-26-2007, 03:30 PM   #183
JOYRIIDE1113
Pirate
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailing Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx330i View Post
The way you talk, I would bet the gun would get taken away from you and you'd get shot with your own gun.

Appreciate 0
      03-26-2007, 03:32 PM   #184
Glacked
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 328i

I'm not going to go into what you can and cannot do during X if you have Y in your pocket. Too many variables. Actions are benchmarked with what a "reasonable person" would have done. Know that the prisons are full of folks who felt they were reasonable - they just weren't.

Either way on this whole thing, I hope you get your car back soon. I've test-driven the 335i and the 328i. I had decided on the Acura and was told to drive one... done deal. The 335i will be mine sometime this year. I normally keep to myself on these forums. Hope my first posts here were somewhat worthwhile.

Now, can we talk about cars? It's starting to feel like work in here.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2007, 03:56 PM   #185
BimmerCrack
Rep

Quote:
I'll be honest, i've sort of been in a situation like this cruising around Los Olas strip in fort Lauderdale; biker dude says I was "riding his ass", it coulda been called either way.
We were both moving quick coming around this 'lil corner to get onto A1A, he starts talkin shit, I start talking shit and my passengers too. He says. "you think you're bad in your car, get out and fight", I stop, he gets off his bike and comes to my window, now everybody is pissed and curse words are flying left and right, kept my cool, didnt get out and fight ended up talking to one of his rider dudes and the shit was pretty much over.
I didnt run and I didn't pull any weapon.
I look back at it and it was the right thing to do to let it go, what would I have been fighting over? A challenge to fight? That's not worth it.
Exec, all I can say is next time just get out of the way, if for some reason you're trapped, you're gonna need to get out of the car and not try to make a quick getaway, either that or see what the prick has to say and take it from there, but it would be in your best interest to carry your weapon.
A gun in a car is like money in the bank.
I rather have it and not need it instead of need it and not have it.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2007, 03:58 PM   #186
BimmerCrack
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacked View Post
I'm not going to go into what you can and cannot do during X if you have Y in your pocket. Too many variables. Actions are benchmarked with what a "reasonable person" would have done. Know that the prisons are full of folks who felt they were reasonable - they just weren't.

Either way on this whole thing, I hope you get your car back soon. I've test-driven the 335i and the 328i. I had decided on the Acura and was told to drive one... done deal. The 335i will be mine sometime this year. I normally keep to myself on these forums. Hope my first posts here were somewhat worthwhile.

Now, can we talk about cars? It's starting to feel like work in here.
hey man, welcome to the forum, next time I need to advice I will look out for you. heh heh
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2007, 04:18 PM   #187
ON325i
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: e90 325i

Garage List
2006 e90 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
hehe, you the hit the nail on the head!!!!!
      03-26-2007, 04:41 PM   #188
siriusinvestor
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1989 Ugo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx330i View Post
Now that I spent my entire lunch reading through this, I'll throw my couple cents in here.

I haven't quite figured out how old you are because some of the things you say are very immature. I'd be willing to bet that any cop, and anyone with a concealed carry permit would not talk about "brandishing" a gun or "showing" a gun to scare someone away. IF you feel the need to pull a gun, you should pull the trigger. The way you talk, I would bet the gun would get taken away from you and you'd get shot with your own gun. Do you realize that in this incident, you're out your deductible. If you shoot someone, even with a concealed carry permit, you're still going to want to get an attorney to help protect your rights and convince the DA not to charge you. Most CHL trainers (I know what mine said) will not tell you when you can legally shoot someone and when you shouldn't. Their default answer should be "as long as you think you can convince a jury that you were in fear for your life." Think about how much money you'll spend doing that. A lot more than your $500 deductible.

Suing him? What are your damages? Fine, you might get money for the damages to your car, but what other damages are you claiming that you feel you should get anything more than the cost to fix your car?

You asked if you will have to pay your deductible. Someone said yes, anytime you have a claim and a deductible, you have to pay it. You came back and said you know you have to pay it, but will get it back in a month or two when they get the money back from the other insurance company. That's not what you asked. You asked if you would have to pay it. The other poster was correct, yes you will.

"... in a month or two after your insurance company gets the money back from the other insurance company." I hope this happens. Count on 6+ months, not 1 or 2. But your claim may be too small for your insurance company to bother with. They may not even go after (subrogate - look it up) the other company and just chalk it up as another claim. They don't have to subrogate. You can't make them. If they don't, you don't get your deductible back.

"... he went after you because you were the car going the fastest." Sounds a bit odd, but it also sounds like he was going the fastest and you were blocking his way. If you were in the left hand lane, I'd be upset at you too. You're slower traffic. Move over. It sounds like there's a lot missing from the story. Unless you dialled 911 within the first 20 seconds of this happening, which begs the question of why you didn't just move over and get out of the way if there was a reckless driver around you, then it seems like there's another 2-5 minutes of playing around on the road that you're not telling us about. Did he really get out of his SUV just because you didn't let him get in front of you once?

I'm sorry this happened to you. I hope your insurance company pays, and they subrogate to the other insurance company and you get your deductible back. The cops might give the other guy a ticket, or pursue charges. Might not. Who knows. But I think a lawsuit has the potential to not get you what you want, and get you more visibility to this SUV driver than you want. Good luck with things.
I totally agree with this assessment, I feel as if when someone is telling a story. They seem to leave out certain aspects of the story that would paint themselves as the offender. I think he probably tried to overtake you by switching lanes, then you swtiched over to stop him from overtaking you. Perhaps he thought you were the stereotypical "asshole BMW driver." In any event, him actually getting out of his vehicle, I think is childish. For all he knows, bmwexecutive could have had a gun and shot him.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2007, 04:46 PM   #189
Mike0328
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi

Quote:
If the police do not prosecute him, I will. That's a promise.
Geeze dude. Did it ever occur to you that if this DOES go to court, and if the other guy's lawyer is any good, he could find this thread and use everything you have said here against you?

You really should be more careful what you say.

By the way... personally I think you either thought the guy was dangerous or you didn't. If you did think that, you did the right thing by calling him in, but the wrong thing by playing with him in traffic. If this was the case, you were kind of being stupid. On the other hand, if you didn't REALLY think he was dangerous, but just wanted to mess with him and get him busted, you had no business calling him in. If this was the case, you were kind of being a dick.

Having said that, I've been stupid and dickish at times while driving too. Most of us probably have.

You know the real victim here is the guy whom you hit. He was just driving along...

Good luck, I hope your car is good as new soon. This thread is like my new soap opera. Looking forward to the updates.

-Mike
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2007, 05:20 PM   #190
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

Quote:
Revlis, let me only say this: You do not know who I am. You do not know me. Your statements are widley inaccurate and you think I believe things that I don't. Until you get to know me better, I suggest you stop throwing things out there that you think I believe which are untrue. And no, the M16 I have uses bullets. As in those things with gun powder inside that go boom. I'm not trying to sound like a hardass when I say M16 and make you believe that it's a real gun with it's a fake and plastic Airsoft gun. It is indeed a real gun and real bullets.

Fair enough, I can only go off of what you have written here, and your responses to other posts. You are correct, I sure don't know you, no argument. Just trying to offer up some of my own experiences and observations. To sit at your end of the country and assume NOBODY has been where you claim to have been in the situation on the road though is naive. Most of us HAVE been there, and know more than likely exactly what led up to the Drama. Lots of transparency in your very good description of events.

Do you happen to know what bullet weight is for your 1000 rnds? How about the manufacturer?

Who made your "M16"? The reason I ask these things is that I tend to be skeptical, especially when your claiming to be in possession of several Automatic rifles... It's not impossible, not by any means. But it's odd that an owner would mention them in the way you did.

Now you're wanting to focus on me and a lot of assumptions I have made, fair enough.

In simple terms I am flying the BS flag and I am going to say point blank that I believe a substantial amount of information here typed by you is fabrication. I'll say you're doing your best to NOT accept ANY responsibility for your actions and will continue to argue that you were a "Victim" even though your own account shows otherwise.

Other than that, you're correct, I am making a great deal of assumptions regarding your character and honesty above and beyond your posts. Not my place, and I do apologize. I just tend to be pretty skeptical...

Good Luck with your Civil case, maybe it'll make you feel better. :rocks:
      03-26-2007, 05:43 PM   #191
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreslogic View Post
hehe, you the hit the nail on the head!!!!!

Well Sure if your Canadian...

Kidding Kidding, Seriously I am.

Besides from what I've seen, most Canadians do NOT get all ass hurt because someone is tailgating. My experience in Vancouver and surrounding highways was one of "Slower Traffic Keep Right" most of the time, this eliminates most of the problems. Florida traffic is completely screwed though and will make you loose your cool and do stupid shit, no two ways around it. Especially Tampa to WhoreLando... That is hell...

To be honest though, 90% of People would NOT have freaking panicked and turned into moving traffic without looking. (Plain and Simple, panic) WTF is that? Leave the area you bet, but not panic, simply leave... No, the reason I think there are folks here going on and on is the OPs insistance that...

1. He's a tough guy.
2. He's an innocent Victim. Though victim status seems suitable.
3. That justice has not already been served, besides he states above he's not after justice he wants revenge.

No worries, he's fixing a big ole' shit sandwich and he's looking forward to taking a bite instead of cutting his losses.
      03-27-2007, 09:33 AM   #192
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerCrack View Post
I'll be honest, i've sort of been in a situation like this cruising around Los Olas strip in fort Lauderdale; biker dude says I was "riding his ass", it coulda been called either way.
We were both moving quick coming around this 'lil corner to get onto A1A, he starts talkin shit, I start talking shit and my passengers too. He says. "you think you're bad in your car, get out and fight", I stop, he gets off his bike and comes to my window, now everybody is pissed and curse words are flying left and right, kept my cool, didnt get out and fight ended up talking to one of his rider dudes and the shit was pretty much over.
I didnt run and I didn't pull any weapon.
I look back at it and it was the right thing to do to let it go, what would I have been fighting over? A challenge to fight? That's not worth it.
Exec, all I can say is next time just get out of the way, if for some reason you're trapped, you're gonna need to get out of the car and not try to make a quick getaway, either that or see what the prick has to say and take it from there, but it would be in your best interest to carry your weapon.
A gun in a car is like money in the bank.
I rather have it and not need it instead of need it and not have it.
Good post. Thanks for the insight. If I knew for a fact somehow that he didn't have a gun, more than likely I would have just sat in my car and waited for him to come up to the window. It was the unknown factor that he could have had a gun that made me want to flee. The whole situation just didn't sit right with me. I'm not one to get over excited when bad things like car accidents happen, and in fact, directly after it happened I was as calm as I am talking to you now. The way he was walking and his actions directly before he stopped his car made me think that this guy is a loose cannon and I had no idea what he was capable of. As Glacked said "there were too many unknowns."
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2007, 09:36 AM   #193
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusinvestor View Post
I totally agree with this assessment, I feel as if when someone is telling a story. They seem to leave out certain aspects of the story that would paint themselves as the offender. I think he probably tried to overtake you by switching lanes, then you swtiched over to stop him from overtaking you. Perhaps he thought you were the stereotypical "asshole BMW driver." In any event, him actually getting out of his vehicle, I think is childish. For all he knows, bmwexecutive could have had a gun and shot him.
I agree with you. Most people leave certain events out of the story so they look like they were the innocent. Only, I have no problem admitting where I was wrong, unlike some people. I have told the full and true story on here and am not leaving anything out. I did not switch lanes to keep this guy from passing, I stayed in my lane and simply sped up very slightly (keeping it under 3K RPM to give you an idea). As far as "For all he knows, bmwexecutive could have had a gun and shot him." you're damn right. That's another reason why he could have had a gun himself, because if he did, he wouldn't have cared if I had one too.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2007, 09:38 AM   #194
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike0328 View Post
By the way... personally I think you either thought the guy was dangerous or you didn't. If you did think that, you did the right thing by calling him in, but the wrong thing by playing with him in traffic. If this was the case, you were kind of being stupid. On the other hand, if you didn't REALLY think he was dangerous, but just wanted to mess with him and get him busted, you had no business calling him in. If this was the case, you were kind of being a dick.
Let's put it this way, never, ever, have I picked up the phone to call 911 to report another driver on the road. The fact that I did it this time should speak volumes.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2007, 09:45 AM   #195
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlis View Post
1. He's a tough guy.
2. He's an innocent Victim. Though victim status seems suitable.
3. That justice has not already been served, besides he states above he's not after justice he wants revenge.

No worries, he's fixing a big ole' shit sandwich and he's looking forward to taking a bite instead of cutting his losses.
1. I'm tough, but I'm not a "tough guy" with 12-inch biceps and a shotgun mounted across my chest. I simply don't let people walk all over me. I'd imagine most of you would feel the same way.

2. Never did I say I'm an innocent victim. Obviously, I had some part in this because it's very difficult for one person to go fight with himself. My wrongdoing was speeding up to close the gap so he couldn't cut me off and also the fact that I continued to let him tailgate me instead of switching lanes. Something to note though, I was in the same lane the entire time the kid in the SUV was weaving back and forth.

3. Primarily, I'm after justice. Revenge is also good though, too. No matter what, justice will be served. I might loose motivation on this matter before revenge is served too, though. Although, justice is also a form of revenge.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2007, 10:01 AM   #196
cgnahc
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAg E90 ZSP

This is still in or in the process of being in litigation I assume. I'd wipe out all your public comments here since it may be "used against you in a court of law"...sort of speak. Evern though it was interesting reading for all but, it may turn out bad for you with this info. Just looking our for our members.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2007, 10:14 AM   #197
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgnahc View Post
This is still in or in the process of being in litigation I assume. I'd wipe out all your public comments here since it may be "used against you in a court of law"...sort of speak. Evern though it was interesting reading for all but, it may turn out bad for you with this info. Just looking our for our members.
Appreciate the concern but what here could be used against me?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2007, 10:14 AM   #198
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep

Just ordered the Euro-spec Xenon Adaptive Headlights. Looking forward to receiving them!
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread