E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > having some trouble with active autowerke BOV

07-25-2011, 04:50 PM   #1
GFX MIK3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 2008 335xi

having some trouble with active autowerke BOV

so i had my active autowerke BOV installed a few weeks back and love it but recently as ive been driving i will get the reduced power warning and have to restart the car and then everythings back to normal. But yesterday i took a 3 hour trip to move some things up to my new apartment and the reduced power warning came up 4 times on the trip up there and 3 times on the way back today

i had never had the reduced power warning ever come up before untill i had this installed, when i plug in my can tool to take a look i get a warning saying turbocharger, charge air pressure too low. Im not sure what to do i was thinking of just taking it off and selling it to get this problem out of my hair... but if anyone here as any suggestions to maybe get this thing working right it would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 04:52 PM   #2
SSIMPS
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

It sounds like you have a boost leak somewhere, check all your connections.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 04:56 PM   #3
///M3THOD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFX MIK3 View Post
so i had my active autowerke BOV installed a few weeks back and love it but recently as ive been driving i will get the reduced power warning and have to restart the car and then everythings back to normal. But yesterday i took a 3 hour trip to move some things up to my new apartment and the reduced power warning came up 4 times on the trip up there and 3 times on the way back today

i had never had the reduced power warning ever come up before untill i had this installed, when i plug in my can tool to take a look i get a warning saying turbocharger, charge air pressure too low. Im not sure what to do i was thinking of just taking it off and selling it to get this problem out of my hair... but if anyone here as any suggestions to maybe get this thing working right it would be appreciated.

Sounds like you have a boost leak. If everything else is stock and the only thing that has been modified is the CP/BOV I would assume thats where the problem is from.

Check the coupler that comes up from IC, more than likely thats where its leaking from.

IDK if on the AA CP you need to transfer the o-ring from the stock CP, but if you forgot to do that it could be leaking from the connection with the clip by the intake manifold.

If both are not leaking then your actual BOV might be leaking from the flange or the spring may be worn or adjusted to be too loose.

|| Vorsteiner FF-103 || BMS JB4 || Meisterschaft GTC || RPI || IND || Challenge ||
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 09:35 PM   #4
JBax
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

if all else fails, swap it back out with the stock charge pipe and diverter valves if the problems go away you know it is the AA kit 100% and you can take it from there...
JB4, Alufelgen SF-71, DCI, VRSF DPs, Meth, AR Meth Elbow, AWE BOVs, Catless Exhaust, BMS OCC, ETS FMIC, ECS Strut Bar, ER Engine Cover, M Sport Steering Wheel Trim, LEDs, 20% Tint, Macht Schnell Spacers, ACS Roof Spoiler, ACS Pedals, ACS E-Brake Handle, Blacklines, M3 Steering Wheel w/DCT Paddles, Gunmetal Kidneys, Black Finisher Rods
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 10:32 PM   #5
studie
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, 328i

leaky charge pipe somewhere. would check all connections to see if they are tight and snug.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2011, 12:27 AM   #6
GFX MIK3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 2008 335xi

so i looked over everything and tightened the clamps on the coupler from the intercooler so im praying that will fix it im going to go for a few hour drive tomorrow to see if any of the problems still happen
Appreciate 0