E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Opinion Needed on Potential Purchase...

05-22-2007, 01:17 AM   #23
CaptOz
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911 Carrera S

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
buying online and from the US and UK seems the way to go now for car parts

Do you find supplier here, find what you like in person, then order overseas? Or do you search directly overseas via the WEB?

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2007, 01:43 AM   #24
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 325Ci Individual

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptOz View Post
Do you find supplier here, find what you like in person, then order overseas? Or do you search directly overseas via the WEB?

Cheers.
i pretty much know what i like, and know the places ot get it, but it is definately cheaper for me to get it from overseas...

there are tuner parts available in australia, but they sometimes are nearly 3 times the price!!
      05-22-2007, 09:38 PM   #25
Durin's Bane
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 335i

Quote:
Sounds like a great car Durin.

I had no idea the wait would be so long. It would drive me crazy. I am very impatient.

Can you get a car with most of your desired options sooner?

What interior trim are you going for?

That is very expensive. You can get a new 997 911 for $200,000 drive away now.

Cheers.
I am an impatient guy too CaptOz... hence I am now reaching breaking point and am about to take the plunge.

I was thinking of beige leather with Burr Walnut trim...
2010 BMW 123d Coupe - Sapphire Black, Lemon Leather, Walnut Trim, Sunroof, Comfort Access, Professional Hi-Fi, CD Stacker, Professional Navigation, Heated Seats, Front & Rear PDC, BMW 18" Performance Wheels.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2007, 09:39 PM   #26
Durin's Bane
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielt View Post
Durin, do you need brand new, if I was spending $110k drive away I'd try to haggle for a 335 Coupe with about 2-3,000km on the clock.

Well, I wanted to order with everything I wanted, so I would be 100% satisfied. Though 93.4% satisfaction isn't too bad either!
2010 BMW 123d Coupe - Sapphire Black, Lemon Leather, Walnut Trim, Sunroof, Comfort Access, Professional Hi-Fi, CD Stacker, Professional Navigation, Heated Seats, Front & Rear PDC, BMW 18" Performance Wheels.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2007, 09:42 PM   #27
Durin's Bane
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by docbeemer View Post
If you're willing to pay $110k plus in oct for a 325, it might be possible that, by that time, there may be a 335 ex-demo available (maybe not your exact colour combo but it will be almost fully loaded anyway) for a more reasonable price. My car came in at $126k on the road. It's a risk but something to consider?

BTW have you driven both the 325 and 335? If sheer power is not that important then 335 may be less important to you. But you need to remember that on your resale, the options are worth virtually nothing- it's almost always about the engine. Just something else to consider.

You'll get fewer speeding fines in a 325!

Also, if you can get any accessories added AFTER you buy the car, you will avoid paying the luxury car tax that applies on ALL the options you get factory fitted. And I don't knnow about NSW but in Victoria members of the BMW car club can get discounts from the parts and service dept of Doncaster BMW. See if BMW car club of NSW is similar- you may save $$$
Thanks doc... I have driven both, and to be frank, I was happy with the 325i. I did some sums and found that the price difference between a 335i and a 325i with identical options is about $16K or so - I don't want to pay $16K for an engine upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2007, 09:44 PM   #28
Durin's Bane
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
the car you are looking at sounds overpriced for a 325... for that money, i probably woildn't be buying a bmw... but if this combo is what YOU want, then why not go for it? it is a car for YOU to drive, and to put a smile on YOUR face!

and as for the m3... ASIF you would pay that much for it... i would DEFINATELY not be paying that... i would be buying a REAL sports car, like a porsche, for the same price

What car would you recommend astra for $110K?

If I could afford $160K now, I would go towards an Audi RS4 for sure.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2007, 09:48 PM   #29
Durin's Bane
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW //MPOWER View Post
Nice choice on the E92 325i, but $110k is just way to much! I suggest shopping around and checking out a few other dealerships and doing the aggressive haggle. IMO 18" is just not quite big enough for the E92, you've gotta get 19"s on it. Also there is no waiting list on the E92 325i coupes you should be able to find one relatively similar to what your after in stock somewhere in sydney.
As for the tool trying to give you M3 pricing, he has no idea and BMW Aus has reiterated that it will be priced on par with the outgoing M3, which means around $165-170 drive away depending on options etc. His probably just testing the water to see if he can make a few more thousand out of you. I'm pretty sure BMW realise that hitting the $200k-ish mark will push a lot more people into the Porsche camp and would want to steer well clear of that.

I will do as you say regarding searching for other cars in Sydney.

FYI the guy at Trivett mentioned that the new E92 19" M-Sport wheels are not available... hence I only stopped at 18".

Yeah, that E92 M3 price was an eye opener!
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2007, 09:49 PM   #30
Durin's Bane
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgr02 View Post
A 5 month wait for a 325 or 335 coupe is ridiculious and I wouldn't stand for it. There are a lot of cars out there for that sort of money which are just as good and arguably just a stunning. I don't doubt they have plenty of orders for them but I also think BMW are limiting the numbers coming in so they keep the value up. I'm sure if you got them on paper for a deal and said your signature would go on if the delivery was confirmed for no more than 3 months, they would make it happen.

As for the $200K M3 - The only people that would please would be current E46 M3 owners as their cars value would not plumet too much with the new M3 release.

I was going to take that hard stance too...

BTW, what cars (BMW or otherwise) would you recommend for $110K?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2007, 09:50 PM   #31
Durin's Bane
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Durin - let me know when you want to pop round to look at the car. I'll have it ready for you.

Cheers.

Have any photos? I work interstate and fly in and out hence it's hard for me to line up a time to see it in the near future...
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2007, 09:52 PM   #32
Durin's Bane
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by walbjj View Post
lol at buying accessories from the stealership. with the internest today, and with the competitive aftermarket accessories availablem why would u buy overpriced oem gear.

and at that price, the m3 looks way overpriced compared to an audi rs4 which can be gotten out the door for about $160k, NEW, optioned up

I don't want to install anything myself, and have been informed that installations by 3rd party companies will make the warranties void, even with some BMW approved service providers...
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2007, 09:52 PM   #33
Durin's Bane
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadillac View Post
I have a November delivered fully loaded black saphire 335i coupe with 19" wheels/i pod changer/tinted windows/paint and leather protection/heated seats/upgraded stereo/rear blind etc that cost me $123K (Without stamp duty) I think i'll take $110k for it.

Are they the 19" wheels that are a standard option, or an aftermarket accessory?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2007, 10:02 PM   #34
VGR00
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 430i Gran Coupe

WOW 9 replys ..... ASTRA is going to have a field day on Multiquoting ....

Hold onto your hats
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2007, 12:17 AM   #35
moO moO nEL
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 323i Msport; DC2R (track car)

Garage List
Durin's Bane,

Looks like you don't care about performance but mainly for the look.

IMHO just get a debadged 323/325 coupe then spend some $ on brandname aftermarket 19"s staggered setup and lower the car a bit that's all you need. If you want bodykit, wait for the replica kits come out you will save alot.

Don't waste money on the 18"s! 18"s are for small hatches nowadays!

cheers,

Nelson
2010 NSW CAMS Supersprints champion (3B class)
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2007, 02:47 AM   #36
Cadillac
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition DCT BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durin's Bane View Post
Are they the 19" wheels that are a standard option, or an aftermarket accessory?
Style 230 BMW $1,400 option
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2007, 02:49 AM   #37
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 325Ci Individual

Garage List
Quote:

Hold onto your hats
ffs... that's rediculous!!!

i don't even know what to say...

atleast a few people actually understood my raging, and my rant about how to multiquote...

a lost cause though, trying to be a moderator without moderator privelages just doesn't work... it's like the admins don't even read their PMs...

oxnwybr02qc;8yntcg(*&%(*T G&*R poh'3c876 &T(& pxcQ9OY'&rt*tr%&w#$^weioBJ KHBVK N
      05-23-2007, 03:07 AM   #38
CaptOz
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Have any photos? I work interstate and fly in and out hence it's hard for me to line up a time to see it in the near future...
Sure do....

In "better than new" condition too.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2007, 06:28 AM   #39
BMW //MPOWER
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340i xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
I will do as you say regarding searching for other cars in Sydney.

FYI the guy at Trivett mentioned that the new E92 19" M-Sport wheels are not available... hence I only stopped at 18".

Yeah, that E92 M3 price was an eye opener!
The guy at Trivett is obviously a complete muppet, the 19"s are available in the standard 19" option as CaptnOz has on his 335i plus there is also the full range of BMW 19"s that are in the accessories catalogue open to you to select from.
BMW E46 325Ci M Clubsport Carbon Black
BMW E36 318i Alpine White M Sport
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2007, 06:35 AM   #40
1q2w3e4r
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by walbjj View Post
lol at buying accessories from the stealership. with the internest today, and with the competitive aftermarket accessories availablem why would u buy overpriced oem gear.

and at that price, the m3 looks way overpriced compared to an audi rs4 which can be gotten out the door for about $160k, NEW, optioned up
It's closer to $180k, a guy I know has one.
Quote:
I was going to take that hard stance too...

BTW, what cars (BMW or otherwise) would you recommend for $110K?

For $110k buy a Boxter.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2007, 05:43 PM   #41
Durin's Bane
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:

Hold onto your hats
Hmm...

Quote:
ffs... that's rediculous!!!

i don't even know what to say...

atleast a few people actually understood my raging, and my rant about how to multiquote...

a lost cause though, trying to be a moderator without moderator privelages just doesn't work... it's like the admins don't even read their PMs...

oxnwybr02qc;8yntcg(*&%(*T G&*R poh'3c876 &T(& pxcQ9OY'&rt*tr%&w#$^weioBJ KHBVK N
Sorry... I must have missed that post of yours. I don't browse these forums THAT regularly. It won't happen again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moO moO nEL View Post
Durin's Bane,

Looks like you don't care about performance but mainly for the look.

IMHO just get a debadged 323/325 coupe then spend some $ on brandname aftermarket 19"s staggered setup and lower the car a bit that's all you need. If you want bodykit, wait for the replica kits come out you will save alot.

Don't waste money on the 18"s! 18"s are for small hatches nowadays!

cheers,
Thanks mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadillac View Post
Style 230 BMW $1,400 option
Thanks mate. They are nice wheels... but I am one of those people that likes a few more spokes, hence my liking for most M-Sport wheels for the current 3-series.

Quote:
Sure do....

In "better than new" condition too.

Cheers.
Nice car Capt... will let you know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW //MPOWER View Post
The guy at Trivett is obviously a complete muppet, the 19"s are available in the standard 19" option as CaptnOz has on his 335i plus there is also the full range of BMW 19"s that are in the accessories catalogue open to you to select from.
I think I need to start forgetting my "loyalty" to Trivett.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2007, 06:07 PM   #42
gucci
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 320i

Well, here is my 5 cents worth, I agree that a demo 335i coupe makes a lot of sense, save the thousands of dollars needed on the new car, they are all second hand once driven fromthe showroom.

Food for thought, do yourself a favour and at lest have a drive of the new Audi TT, the VW R32 or even a low kilometre Porsche Boxster.

The TT and R32 may make you as happy and leave you with $30k to $50k better off in your bank account.

Finally, I was looking in the back section of `Wheels' magazine and the new Audi TT is predicted to have a 69% residual value after 3 years (now that is several % better then the E92).

Decisions, decisions
Gucci
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2007, 06:29 PM   #43
CaptOz
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gucci View Post
....I agree that a demo 335i coupe makes a lot of sense, save the thousands of dollars needed on the new car, they are all second hand once driven fromthe showroom.....

.....or a nice near-new Space Grey 335i.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2007, 04:59 AM   #44
BMW //MPOWER
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340i xdrive

Garage List
Demo's make sense? Really? Are you sure?
Would you really buy a car that everyone has taken out, pre-breaking in and flogged the guts out of? Why do i say this you may ask? Because every demo i have driven the dealer has let me flog it, ripping it right up to the redline and all, not exactly the sorta stuff you'd be doing in your own new car. However others may think differently.
To top it off (sorry for the rant) a 335i demo will now have upto 5000kms on the clock, as each dealers were given demo's and couldnt sell them or they'd have no cars for test drives. However you should be able to pick up a dirt-cheap demo 335i at Alto BMW in Artarmon, i was in there a month or so back and they only had 1 demo as some asian chick had pranged the other one on a test drive, i would imagine that one would be selling a little cheaper than the rest.
BMW E46 325Ci M Clubsport Carbon Black
BMW E36 318i Alpine White M Sport
Appreciate 0