E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Aftger alignment still not with target?

02-18-2014, 08:17 PM   #1
javeci01
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i

Aftger alignment still not with target?

Hello-

I went to get an alignment done in August 2013 at my local BMW dealer as my rear tires were wearing to the wires on the inside edges. I read that this was fairly typical for BMW's due to negative camber, etc.

Fast forward to today, 6 months later, and the problem persists as I have prematurely ran through another set of rear tires.

I have attached the two alignment sheets, August 2013 and February 2014.

It looks like after the first alignment it was not on target in regards to rear and front camber. (Rear target -1.5 v actual -2.11) (Front target -0.36 v actual -1.02)

After the second alignment it is off again in regards to rear camber and front (left) camber. (Rear target -1.53 v actual -2.07) (Front target -0.37 v actual -1.01)

Am i reading this correctly or am I missing something. Did they not fix the problem the first time? And even worse not fix the problem again? I've been reading and a lot of posts that say that toe is the more critical in premature wear.

What specs should I ask for in order to not wear through tires, it is becoming a hassle and expensive to do this every 6 months.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated, sorry for the long post and thank you in advance for all for your help.
Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf jmkbmwService-DoNotreplyscan@jmkbmwsaab.com_20130912_133826.pdf (67.7 KB, 67 views)
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 08:35 PM   #2
paprmkr
BMW Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: 2024 i5 M60 w/M-Performance ki

local dealer had told me that reason they couldnt get camber to target in front was bad strut. i thought crazy. well i starting to wear inner side of tire(new tire) so i replaced struts and camber was in. strut was very very bad. I never thought strut would be an issue with alignment. just my 2c
tires not cheap either.
Appreciate 0