E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > DIY Request: Removing junction (fuse) box

12-14-2009, 06:34 AM   #1
ATG_
Rep
Drives: e90 320d, g20 330i

DIY Request: Removing junction (fuse) box

Hello,

I need to remove fuse box, need access to the back connectors.

In TIS found the picture, saying that's enough to:
1) remove JBE (2 bolts - OK)
2) remove bolts 1 on the picture (4 bolts - OK)
3) remove plastic cover 3 on the picture, hiding nut.
Can't open plastic cover and remove it. Tried in all directions with hand, flat screwdriver etc...

Any ideas? May be somebody has already done it?

As soon as I'll do this - I'll post all pictures and write complete DIY.

Thank you.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 07:27 AM   #2
RimasRS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 SD

Did you find out how to do that?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 09:44 PM   #3
KevinJ93
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 2006

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Question

Hello, did somebody was able to remove that cover? I'm stuck with it as well. My fuse box was damaged with a burn fuse (the fuel pump fuse) so now the car is useless. I purchased a new one online but it came without that cover and I can't pull it towards me or find how to remove it. I tried searching everywhere but I haven't been lucky.

I have attached a picture of the burnt one and the cover.

Hope someone can assist. Thank you!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 08:27 PM   #4
AWDBooSTIn90
Nomore
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe 6MT N54

You need a new JB, Junction Box as called by BMW. Really is the fuse box, however the fuse box (JB) has some internal relays that arent replaceable.

The front cover will come off the fuse box but it needs to be removed from the car, which requires alittle effort.

But maybe that external relay socket can be replaced by being soldered off and replaced. Looks like a semi standard relay pin layout..
Appreciate 1
      12-06-2019, 12:08 PM   #5
KevinJ93
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 2006

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Hi there! I just forgot to update all on this. I was able to destroy that small cover with pressure. Then unscrewed the red cable and it came off. I got another JB from a junkyard that had another E90 Pre LCI. They also gave me the connectors so I replacd the connector. Now the issue is the passenger seat can't be moved, I think that wire has something wrong and the audio, the radio turns on, I can see the screen working but there's no sound. But at least the car can be driven.

Is there any way to get that portion of the wiring harness or it needs to be cut and soldered again?

Thanks a lot.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 12:11 AM   #6
AWDBooSTIn90
Nomore
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe 6MT N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJ93 View Post
Hi there! I just forgot to update all on this. I was able to destroy that small cover with pressure. Then unscrewed the red cable and it came off. I got another JB from a junkyard that had another E90 Pre LCI. They also gave me the connectors so I replacd the connector. Now the issue is the passenger seat can't be moved, I think that wire has something wrong and the audio, the radio turns on, I can see the screen working but there's no sound. But at least the car can be driven.

Is there any way to get that portion of the wiring harness or it needs to be cut and soldered again?

Thanks a lot.
When you say you used the nee connector's, what exactly do you mean?

The JB box swap, like you say is a DIY job, but no cutting or soldering needed. Did you have a bad wire connection? Neeed more info....
Appreciate 0