E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > E90 Adaptive xenons

02-20-2007, 06:12 AM   #1
Anan
Rep
Drives: E90 320d

E90 Adaptive xenons

Hi all,
My mother has just taken delivery of a new 320d, and I have a quick question regarding the headlights. The car has adaptive xenons with automatic dips, and the DRLs are set to "on". On this setting, the dipped xenons are on all the time. Is it possible to set the car up in such a way that the four angel eyes are on all the time, and that the dipped xenons only come on when required, ie when light levels fall?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2007, 02:24 PM   #2
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anan View Post
Hi all,
My mother has just taken delivery of a new 320d, and I have a quick question regarding the headlights. The car has adaptive xenons with automatic dips, and the DRLs are set to "on". On this setting, the dipped xenons are on all the time. Is it possible to set the car up in such a way that the four angel eyes are on all the time, and that the dipped xenons only come on when required, ie when light levels fall?
You need to have the light switch in the 'A'- automatic position- only then will you have adaptive xenons (automatic horizontal movement) & the automatic dipped beam working.

I'm not sure if that will control the automatic full beam dipping, though.

All the best.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      02-20-2007, 06:29 PM   #3
Anan
Rep
Drives: E90 320d

The switch is in "A", and the adaptive xenons work fine but are on all the time. If I turn off DRLs, though, the car will not run any lights during the daytime. What she really wants is the angel eyes on all the time and for the dipped xenons to come on when needed, without her having to do anything. Doesn't look like that's possible, though.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2007, 02:43 AM   #4
Rochester BMW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport. On order E92 M3

I have the exact same light set-up as your mother and I too cant find a way of keeping the angel lights on in DRL mode.
Appreciate 0