E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > For those with Bluetooth receivers to AUX input (volume adjustment)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-29-2019, 03:55 PM   #1
OTO335i
Lieutenant
OTO335i's Avatar
Canada
106
Rep
452
Posts

Drives: 2010 335I
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

For those with Bluetooth receivers to AUX input (volume adjustment)

Hey guys,

After nearly 2 years of ownership i have finally found out that you can adjust the volume on the auxiliary output on our radios *. For those of you who don't know how, you need to hit aux and then hit the button that's right underneath aux-vol on the head unit and then adjust with the knob on the right side.

Mine was at level 1 which explains why i had to crank it all the way, now it's at a 6 and i can switch between aux and radio without having the radio blaring at me lol
__________________
2010 335I Xdrive
You're not really driving if you don't have 3 pedals.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 01:33 AM   #2
bluewater328
Major
United_States
204
Rep
1,062
Posts

Drives: 2011 bluewater 328i LCI sedan
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hawaii

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTO335i View Post
Hey guys,

After nearly 2 years of ownership i have finally found out that you can adjust the volume on the auxiliary output on our radios *. For those of you who don't know how, you need to hit aux and then hit the button that's right underneath aux-vol on the head unit and then adjust with the knob on the right side.

Mine was at level 1 which explains why i had to crank it all the way, now it's at a 6 and i can switch between aux and radio without having the radio blaring at me lol
Be careful, above the bar, it's doing crappy deck amplification . You're amplifying the max of what the delivered signal was. So you're further accentuating any imperfections then your regular amp is amplifying that again. If you couldn't hear why a 128bit mp3 truly sucks, you'll know after that.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 02:09 AM   #3
ctuna
Major General
874
Rep
9,092
Posts

Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Santa Cruz, Ca

iTrader: (0)

Avoid the Aux if you want quality audio.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...4#post23244354
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 07:35 AM   #4
OTO335i
Lieutenant
OTO335i's Avatar
Canada
106
Rep
452
Posts

Drives: 2010 335I
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewater328 View Post
Be careful, above the bar, it's doing crappy deck amplification . You're amplifying the max of what the delivered signal was. So you're further accentuating any imperfections then your regular amp is amplifying that again. If you couldn't hear why a 128bit mp3 truly sucks, you'll know after that.
Yeah I thought about that but most songs are coming out really clearly surprisingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuna View Post
Avoid the Aux if you want quality audio.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...4#post23244354
Yes! This is something I would like to add in eventually but I'm pretty happy with my Anker Bluetooth receiver at the moment. I would also need to have someone do the coding for me once I get the Bluetooth box.
__________________
2010 335I Xdrive
You're not really driving if you don't have 3 pedals.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:36 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST