E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > PAC audio lp7-2 and remote wire

06-08-2019, 03:20 PM   #1
cole1179
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330XI

PAC audio lp7-2 and remote wire

I recently bought a pac audio lp7-2 for amp hookup in my 2006 bmw 330xi. However, when the device is connected to a battery, it does not power on, and thus does not activate the remote wire. The speaker wire is wired to the lp7-2 correctly, because when my amp is powered directly to a battery and not using the remote wire that the lp7-2 has, audio plays through it no problem. I thought that maybe it was defective so i had a replacement shipped, and this one has the same issue. I measured the voltage in the battery to make sure it was good, and it is. And i used the battery as a ground as well, so it's likely not a matter of a bad ground. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, or maybe i just have bad luck and got two defective devices? At this point I'm okay just wiring to the cigarette lighter or wherever else I can, but I'm not sure what I need to take apart in order to do so.

This is the email i sent to PAC Audio, which explains things a bit more detailed:

When installed, the light did not light up nor did the remote output have any voltage coming out of it when measured, thus failing to turn on the amp when the car is on. The speaker wire was wired to the converter correctly because during a test where a spare remote wire was run from the amp directly to a battery, the sound being outputted from the converter was playing through the sub woofers that the amp powers. I believe the item is defective.

This is how i had everything wired:

Yellow Wire: Positive end of car battery

Blue Wire: Wired to amp for remote turn on

Black: Negative end of car battery

Brown: Tried wired to negative end of car battery and tried with it not connected to anything

White/Black: Left audio -

White: Left audio +

Gray/Black: Right audio -

Gray: Right audio +
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2019, 04:28 PM   #2
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

So you are only trying to install a Sub and Sub amp?

subwoofer threads
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...2&postcount=66
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...t=Ultimate+Sub
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ight=subwoofer
Appreciate 0