E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > xDelete Main Discussion Thread

03-01-2021, 02:11 PM   #23
Awdrift88
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 335xi 6mt

I have had Xdelete for about a week. I flashed RWD, loved it. Kept it until this passed Saturday when it snowed. Flashed back to AWD, no issues. Tried flashing back to RWD and it the app refused to connect to the car (using iOS and MHD Wifi adapter). Gave me an “error” message every time I tried. I emailed tech and they said disconnect the battery for 15 minutes. No dice.

I was starting to lose hope at this point. Until, I had an idea. I hooked up my Launch scan tool and accessed the VTG module. Read codes and what do you know? “Limp home mode: Activated”.

Cleared faults and bam! Xdelete connected to the car and flashed seamlessly.

Oh, and I have JB4 with MHD BEF 😊 no issues flashing XHP.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2021, 03:14 PM   #24
Bimmer_Bro
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335xi LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyril Sneer View Post
If nothing else, use xdelete to turn xdrive into what it should have been from the factory. Then throw your cord aside and leave it alone forever. I settled on manual 35%. Lessens the influence on the steering feel, lessens the understeer, while maintaining all weather traction. This feels like how a BMW AWD should always feel.
I have been tempted on this for a while but seeing some users have issues makes me hesitant.
I have no want for the RWD mode but the in-between would be awesome.
Have you driven in bad winter conditions on 35% mode?
      03-02-2021, 10:07 AM   #25
Cyril Sneer
Private
Rep
Drives: E36 M3/4/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer_Bro View Post
I have been tempted on this for a while but seeing some users have issues makes me hesitant.
https://www.e90post.com/forums/showpost.php?p=26760097&postcount=40

Everything written there ^ still applies. Haven't touched it since, haven't felt the need. Which I like as I'm a little nervous flashing and re-flashing. Nice to just set it somewhere you like and leave it alone. Driven through winter and summer conditions at 35% and it's better in all situations.

IMO, 100% worth the small cost even if you only flash it one time. <$200 to make your xdrive feel better and perform better for the rest of it's life? I think so.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2021, 10:19 AM   #26
Bimmer_Bro
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335xi LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyril Sneer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer_Bro View Post
https://www.e90post.com/forums/showpost.php?p=26760097&postcount=40

Everything written there ^ still applies. Haven't touched it since, haven't felt the need. Which I like as I'm a little nervous flashing and re-flashing. Nice to just set it somewhere you like and leave it alone. Driven through winter and summer conditions at 35% and it's better in all situations.

IMO, 100% worth the small cost even if you only flash it one time. <$200 to make your xdrive feel better and perform better for the rest of it's life? I think so.
I agree the cost is worth it. I am just afraid to be stuck in one mode or the other. Or seen a lot of people have errors or trip into limp mode.
However if one setting is better all year round, I like the sounds of that. Thanks
      03-02-2021, 09:48 PM   #27
Snake8
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive E92

I am in the same boat. Flash backs are a common issue - or they are not and we only hear from people reporting the bad and not as much of the good. I think I've come to the conclusion the app is not perfect in its read/write sequence, but for the price, it's hard to beat. I don't know if component "damage" is cause for concern, rather the inconvenience of potentially having to unplug the battery for a few minutes in a worst case scenario.

That being said, I will most likely give it a go. Does anyone know if there's a way to backup the current configuration files from the drive system in case this app goes haywire? I think that would settle some nerves.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2021, 09:52 PM   #28
mikes4
Private
Rep
Drives: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake8 View Post
So do we have a consensus on xDelete yet? Have the quirks been resolved? People have good reviews on its functionality but only when it works. Anyone else care to chime in and share their experiences please?
I've been using x delete for quite awhile now. Zero complaints.

My car currently has no front drive shaft, no front diff, and the axles are taken out except for the stubs inside the hubs.

Zero issues.
Appreciate 0