E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Red car on lift after android install..

04-29-2021, 05:06 PM   #1
JJ0063
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90

Red car on lift after android install..

Hi all,

Very strange one here and wondered if anyone had experienced this.

2008 e92 335D

Fitted a Chinese Android system in place of my CCC screen, all in and working great. Only I now have a random issue that never happened prior to installing it.

99% of the time when I first unlock the car, before I even get to putting the key fob in the dash I get the warning bong followed by the red car on a ramp symbol on the Speedo. This disappears within a couple of seconds and doesn’t come back. Check control shows no faults, error never comes back while driving either.

I noticed tonight when I had the car open with no keys in it whilst cleaning it out, the same thing happens every now and then randomly.. warning bong, red car on ramp, goes on its own.

There are no faults to scan, it literally just flashes up then goes.

Anyone else had this?

Thanks!

Appreciate 0
      04-29-2021, 05:16 PM   #2
TiAgAu
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Nothing wrong. It's just a service light.

Appreciate 0
      04-29-2021, 05:32 PM   #3
JJ0063
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GovernUrMental View Post
Nothing wrong. It's just a service light.

Thanks, it’s not that though - well, it is but not for that reason.. none of the service intervals are due and the error never shows up when the ignition is on.. it’s only happened since I fitted the android unit and disappears before the key is even in the dash.

Someone else replied to my post on the Facebook group saying they fitted an android unit to theirs and it did the same thing but they have never found the reason for it.

It’s not any kind of service due - ive checked every interval, check control says OK too.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2021, 06:15 PM   #4
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

Usually those screens just piggyback off the existing system .
It might be that you disturbed something else of didn't fully connect it.
Did this thing come with any instructions most don't .
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2021, 06:20 PM   #5
JJ0063
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuna View Post
Usually those screens just piggyback off the existing system .
It might be that you disturbed something else of didn't fully connect it.
Did this thing come with any instructions most don't .
Yeah exactly, it’s just a case of unplugging the CCC, putting the new harness in between then reconnecting it - and of course replacing the original CCC screen with the android unit.

It was easy to fit, I’ve fitted them on previous BMWs albeit a different model for my F11 5 series without issues.

This actually did come with a full printed English instruction book too! Surprised me haha.

I even checked against a YouTube tutorial and it’s fitted correctly.. like I say, someone else fitted one from a different seller and said their car now does exactly the same so I’m puzzled as to what the car isn’t liking...
Appreciate 0