E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Fake/old 10.25" android 10 questions

04-30-2021, 10:14 PM   #1
Empire087
Private
Rep
Drives: 18 340xi 8at 15.5 CCSB 3500

Fake/old 10.25" android 10 questions

So one of the previous owners of my car decided to cheap out and buy an off brand android 10.25 apparently and ive got a few questions about it. It is a 2gb/32gb model
1: it says its on android 10, from what ive read it could be a fake version. Is there any way to update this to a proper version of not fake skinned android that is better?
2: it downloads stuff extremely slow, like crazy slow. Any fix for this?
3: also upon looking the previous owner attached the gps antenna to the fricken metal bracket on the bottom of the tablet. Where does everyone put them?
4: finally, the mic sucks, is there one just built into it or is there an external one ive gotta locate somewhere?

Thanks for the help,
Dakota!
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2021, 05:11 AM   #2
DavesZed
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E89 23i, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire087 View Post
1: it says its on android 10, from what ive read it could be a fake version. Is there any way to update this to a proper version of not fake skinned android that is better?
In short, no. As a rule they can have the skins and loaders changed but not the operating system. As far as I'm aware they seem to only come as one type with no future-proofing built in, they simple produce a new version, ie; 8.1 wasn't upgradable to 9, 9 wasn't upgradeable to 10 etc.

Quote:
2: it downloads stuff extremely slow, like crazy slow. Any fix for this?
Where are you connecting to? Phone hotspot or house WiFi? If phone, is it a good connection, if it's a home WiFi is it in good range? Or are you using a SIM?

Quote:
3: also upon looking the previous owner attached the gps antenna to the fricken metal bracket on the bottom of the tablet. Where does everyone put them?
You could run the wire to the passenger side and then place the antenna on top of the dash towards the windscreen.

Quote:
4: finally, the mic sucks, is there one just built into it or is there an external one ive gotta locate somewhere?
There is a built-in microphone and there should be an option to have an external one as well (there should be a 3.5mm socket on a wire somewhere in the screens wiring loom specifically for this)

To access the Factory Settings menu this is the code it requires... 070305

Hope that helps

My Z4 E89 YouTube channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtt...0vHFUQnoEvKB2Q
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2021, 11:45 PM   #3
Empire087
Private
Rep
Drives: 18 340xi 8at 15.5 CCSB 3500

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavesZed View Post
In short, no. As a rule they can have the skins and loaders changed but not the operating system. As far as I'm aware they seem to only come as one type with no future-proofing built in, they simple produce a new version, ie; 8.1 wasn't upgradable to 9, 9 wasn't upgradeable to 10 etc.

Where are you connecting to? Phone hotspot or house WiFi? If phone, is it a good connection, if it's a home WiFi is it in good range? Or are you using a SIM?

You could run the wire to the passenger side and then place the antenna on top of the dash towards the windscreen.

There is a built-in microphone and there should be an option to have an external one as well (there should be a 3.5mm socket on a wire somewhere in the screens wiring loom specifically for this)

To access the Factory Settings menu this is the code it requires... 070305

Hope that helps
Hooked straight up to wifi, good reception. Still going very slow.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 03:19 AM   #4
DavesZed
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E89 23i, 2011

Quote:
Hooked straight up to wifi, good reception. Still going very slow.
In that case then I'd suggest contacting your supplier and ask their advice, it should be as fast as if you was using a phone, no real difference.

My Z4 E89 YouTube channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtt...0vHFUQnoEvKB2Q
Appreciate 0