E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Clutch and flywheel e90 $diesel

12-18-2018, 03:48 PM   #1
Abdul munim
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 320D E90

Clutch and flywheel e90 $diesel

Hi. First post to the group. Need some advice.

I have a 2005 E90 320diesel manual. I have owned the car for 8 years. In the time that I have owned the car I have only completed regular services a recon turbo and also rear lights modulator repair work to the car. The car was bought at 90k and currently 160k. I am the second owner.

Three years ago during mot I was told the flywheel was damaged and I noticed the noise that it was making at biting point. I was advised not to fix until it was absolutely necessary and also to. Hangs the clutch.

Three years on the biting point is much higher I noticed slipping on the lower gears. I am guessing that the flywheel has reached its death bed and needs changing. Is this correct or could it be something else?

I have been quoted £1100 for the repair. A new clutch and flywheel.

I live just outside the ULEZ zone and in 2021 I will have to pay £12.50 for the pleasure of driving my car if I still have it then. The car is great and has never let me down.

Should I do the repair or sell it on as salvage.
Appreciate 0