E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > N57 325d/30d Boost PSI and Error Codes

04-09-2021, 07:48 AM   #1
ekuLUKEkul
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E91 325d LCI

N57 325d/30d Boost PSI and Error Codes

Hi random question, so after battling EGR issues for a while I finally got a remap and delete done. Big thanks to Jason of BW Chiptune who did mine remotely. Feels exactly like standard but with a lot more torque ready to go when you need it! It's fantastic.

Measured on rolling road 191bhp standard and 434nm
Mapped 289bhp and 590nm

However! After only a few days of driving the car as much as possible I found myself already used to the extra power and even wondered if the map had deleted itself it hadn't as I still see the traction light a lot more than I once did but I am always thinking negatively!

Today though, I decided to read the error codes with bimmerlink as I hadn't in a few weeks since double and triple checking there were definitely no EGR codes showing themselves again since the map!

There were however 2 new codes that I am unsure of what they are...

3f03 - Boost pressure sensor, signal
497d - Exhaust pressure sensor before turbine, plausibility

Does anyone know what these 2 codes mean? I haven't been able to find a clear answer.

The car seems to run completely fine to me and hasn't lost power (aside from the power loss in my mine mentioned above )

I also checked "boost pressure" in bimmerlink and found that under full throttle hard accerlation the boost reaches a high of around 23psi

I have no idea if that psi seems right or if boost pressure is really measurable by just seeing what it peaks at when flooring it?

But any advice on the codes or understanding the boost pressure psi is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2021, 12:14 PM   #2
Silver Streek
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325d E91

Did you clear them then rescan to see if they came back?
Appreciate 1
      04-10-2021, 05:55 AM   #3
ekuLUKEkul
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Streek View Post
Did you clear them then rescan to see if they came back?
Sorry forgot to add. Yeah I reset them and since they have not come back on, I didn't drive much however and don't know if more miles will change that. I will scan again after more time and see what's reappeared.

Regardless, is them appearing once a course for concern? I regularly scanned the car prior and never saw these specific codes.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2021, 08:20 AM   #4
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640d sport/f31 330d x drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekuLUKEkul View Post
Hi random question, so after battling EGR issues for a while I finally got a remap and delete done. Big thanks to Jason of BW Chiptune who did mine remotely. Feels exactly like standard but with a lot more torque ready to go when you need it! It's fantastic.

Mapped 289bhp and 590nm

However! After only a few days of driving the car as much as possible I found myself already used to the extra power and even wondered if the map had deleted itself it hadn't as I still see the traction light a lot more than I once did but I am always thinking negatively!

Today though, I decided to read the error codes with bimmerlink as I hadn't in a few weeks since double and triple checking there were definitely no EGR codes showing themselves again since the map!

Does anyone know what these 2 codes mean? I haven't been able to find a clear answer.

The car seems to run completely fine to me and hasn't lost power (aside from the power loss in my mine mentioned above )

I also checked "boost pressure" in bimmerlink and found that under full throttle hard accerlation the boost reaches a high of around 23psi

I have no idea if that psi seems right or if boost pressure is really measurable by just seeing what it peaks at when flooring it?

But any advice on the codes or understanding the boost pressure psi is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Jason has said you should change boost pressure sensor and your exhaust pressure sensor needed doing/replaced. And to phone his shop middles ex etc also get sensors from BMW

Last edited by rasa bmw; 04-10-2021 at 08:24 AM.. Reason: Wat eva
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2021, 11:36 AM   #5
ekuLUKEkul
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasa bmw View Post
Quote:

Mapped 289bhp and 590nm

Thanks.
Jason has said you should change boost pressure sensor and your exhaust pressure sensor needed doing/replaced. And to phone his shop middles ex etc also get sensors from BMW
Sorry Rasa deleted my last reply as I misunderstood your comment! Sorry about that, I misread lol.

I can order OEM parts no problem.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2021, 01:18 AM   #6
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Sorry Rasa deleted my last reply as I misunderstood your comment! Sorry about that, I misread lol.

I can order OEM parts no problem.
sorry,wait,,ive spoken to jason,,you are the guy that went to sunderland yeh ?then do not do what i said,,he has gotten mixed up,as he had same car in at middlesex,,,i will contact him today and see what he says,,maybe join bimmerforum.he is a sponsor on that bmw forum
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2021, 05:25 AM   #7
ekuLUKEkul
Private First Class
Rep

QUOTE]sorry,wait,,ive spoken to jason,,you are the guy that went to sunderland yeh ?then do not do what i said,,he has gotten mixed up,as he had same car in at middlesex,,,i will contact him today and see what he says,,maybe join bimmerforum.he is a sponsor on that bmw forum[/QUOTE]

Yes I went to performance centre Sunderland. I am on bimmerforum as well as here. Do you think it is worth messaging Jason? I am going to rescan the car today but when I deleted the error memory nothing had reappeared after a couple of small journeys.

As I say all feels well with the car so I'm not sure if it is just a red herring.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2021, 01:52 AM   #8
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
QUOTE]sorry,wait,,ive spoken to jason,,you are the guy that went to sunderland yeh ?then do not do what i said,,he has gotten mixed up,as he had same car in at middlesex,,,i will contact him today and see what he says,,maybe join bimmerforum.he is a sponsor on that bmw forum
Yes I went to performance centre Sunderland. I am on bimmerforum as well as here. Do you think it is worth messaging Jason? I am going to rescan the car today but when I deleted the error memory nothing had reappeared after a couple of small journeys.

As I say all feels well with the car so I'm not sure if it is just a red herring.[/QUOTE]could be taght pc never cleared codes afterv remap,,they will have done a before and after scan of the car,,,yes contact jason and explain
Appreciate 1
      04-12-2021, 03:53 AM   #9
ekuLUKEkul
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks Rasa will message him to be sure. I know they definitely were cleared and it's appeared since then as I scanned the car as soon as I got home on the day just to see that the EGR was definitely gone! I since haven't scanned for a few weeks until the other day when I noticed these new codes so it is something in the last few weeks that triggered them.

I scanned yesterday again after another small round trip to Tesco. Still no boost pressure codes, the only codes currently present are the glow plug module and an AUC sensor (even the fuel heater has not returned could be the warming weather?)

Just to add there was no EML or anything present even with the boost codes. Honestly nothing seems wrong with the car at all, it's only that I decided to scan it randomly that I was even aware of these 2 new codes.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2021, 07:57 AM   #10
ekuLUKEkul
Private First Class
Rep

Just to update here. The codes didn't reappear for a little while however I scanned again today just to check and 2 have reappeared. The boost pressure code (3f03) hasn't returned but the two I now have is:

4B7F - exhaust pressure sensor before turbine, signal (this one is new)
497D - exhaust pressure sensor before turbine, plausibility

The car runs fine and I haven't noticed any changes.
Appreciate 0