E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > PSA: if you live in the GTA (Ontario) never ever go to Bimmex! (Markham location spec

12-09-2020, 12:50 PM   #1
mandem12
mandem
Canada
Rep
Drives: ‘09 328xi

PSA: if you live in the GTA (Ontario) never ever go to Bimmex! (Markham location spec

DO NOT LISTEN TO THE 5 STAR REVIEWS THEY ARE FAKE YOU WILL BE FOOLED LIKE ME
I brought my car here for a in insurance claim, before you have your car in the shop they make everything sound professional but as soon as they have your car and know you're trapped they play their games. I brought my car in for an insurance claim to clean sugar from my gas lines, when i first called they quoted two days i called back two days after and they didn't even remember telling me that.... then a whole week of me calling every morning asking for a update and the phone guy giving you a quick answer to brush you off. I know they had my car with the approved check for at least a week and a half before even touching it because then they called me and needed a supplement... which they would've known if they were actually working on it before so they could've requested it but instead they made me wait another week for the supplement. Then they waited another week before touching it then called and said they need more parts... I just paid for it because I wanted my car back but throughout the calls i made many points to make sure small things that are easily done are done by the time i get the car (clean injector screens, fix lock for gas tank) and then the day i go to pick up my car the first thing i check is the gas tank lock and it's still broken and they want to charge me more for it. Fine, i drive the car home and it's misfiring already, oh did i mention out of nowhere they just decided they're closed every weekend now too? I've had better experiences at indy shops than here and these guys literally will come out of nowhere with bullshit fees like one day i called for a update and then out of nowhere he's like oh yeah i have to charge you 50 bucks extra for gas for the tank and when i get the car it was on a empty tank, charging you cleaning fees and just their labour rate and parts price are way higher than they should be. THEIR ORIGINAL QOUTE WAS 2 DAYS AND THEY BRUSHED ME OFF FOR ALMOST 2 MONTHS, DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE. They even mixed up the bolts for my engine cover like one of the most simple things.
Appreciate 1
      12-09-2020, 01:36 PM   #2
905SlowE92
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW E92 328I

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandem12 View Post
I brought my car here for a in insurance claim, before you have your car in the shop they make everything sound professional but as soon as they have your car and know you're trapped they play their games. I brought my car in for an insurance claim to clean sugar from my gas lines, when i first called they quoted two days i called back two days after and they didn't even remember telling me that.... then a whole week of me calling every morning asking for a update and the phone guy giving you a quick answer to brush you off. I know they had my car with the approved check for at least a week and a half before even touching it because then they called me and needed a supplement... which they would've known if they were actually working on it before so they could've requested it but instead they made me wait another week for the supplement. Then they waited another week before touching it then called and said they need more parts... I just paid for it because I wanted my car back but throughout the calls i made many points to make sure small things that are easily done are done by the time i get the car (clean injector screens, fix lock for gas tank) and then the day i go to pick up my car the first thing i check is the gas tank lock and it's still broken and they want to charge me more for it. Fine, i drive the car home and it's misfiring already, oh did i mention out of nowhere they just decided they're closed every weekend now too? I've had better experiences at indy shops than here and these guys literally will come out of nowhere with bullshit fees like one day i called for a update and then out of nowhere he's like oh yeah i have to charge you 50 bucks extra for gas for the tank and when i get the car it was on a empty tank, charging you cleaning fees and just their labour rate and parts price are way higher than they should be. THEIR ORIGINAL QOUTE WAS 2 DAYS AND THEY BRUSHED ME OFF FOR ALMOST 2 MONTHS, DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE. They even mixed up the bolts for my engine cover like one of the most simple things.
Good to know, sorry it came at the expense of your car. PM me if you need a mechanic who isn't going to do this. I have an 07 328i and I have a great mechanic who is timely and honest. Hopefully your car is good now though.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2020, 01:39 PM   #3
mandem12
mandem
Canada
Rep
Drives: ‘09 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 905SlowE92 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandem12 View Post
Good to know, sorry it came at the expense of your car. PM me if you need a mechanic who isn't going to do this. I have an 07 328i and I have a great mechanic who is timely and honest. Hopefully your car is good now though.
yes i took everything apart once more and found literal crystals of sugar in my injectors... took it out and the cars running good again. The only things i really need right now is trans fluid change, diff oil change, and a new splash guard and a small dent pulled and the car will be perfect but I would like to get a set of bolts so next time i have to take anything off i have fresh bolts to replace with
Appreciate 1
      05-03-2021, 08:36 PM   #4
lpj41
Rep
Drives: BMW 335 e92

what car was this? i know the people's that work there, I want to find out more about this story
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 10:39 PM   #5
Baopay
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

Thanks for the headsup, and sorry your car isnt fixed properly.

If its for an insurance claim always bring it back to the dealer is my motto. They wont use aftermarket parts and you know the car will be taken care of if there are any issues with the repair.
Appreciate 0