E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Parking Lamp Reminder — How do I disable it?

02-04-2013, 05:45 PM   #1
e90drvr
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Graphite/Terra 330i

Parking Lamp Reminder — How do I disable it?

Hey everyone,

I've been coding various changes to my '06 330i for the last year now. I really appreciate all the information posted on this forum, along with some extra googling and e90-forum.de, it's taught me everything I know. Thanks!

Now I need your help again:
I recently coded my park lamps to remain on until locking but now the kombi reminds me that they're on when I open the door. Just doing it's job, right? Kinda annoying.
Has anyone seen the code to disable this reminder? I thought I ran across it a few weeks ago but it wasn't interesting to me...then.

I've searched all over but either my query is wrong or i'm not persistent enough to read through all the irrelevant pages of thread (think BMW CODING success, almost 200 pages, holy crap!)

Thanks for your help.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 07:40 AM   #2
rich123321
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i E90

Garage List
2015 335i  [0.00]
What was the code that you enabled for the parking lights to stay on? Maybe I can find it somewhere
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 09:28 PM   #3
e90drvr
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich123321 View Post
What was the code that you enabled for the parking lights to stay on?
Code:
COMFORT_ACCESS_LICHT
    aktiv
OPTIONEN_SL_ABSCH
    wert_01
My CA light setting was already enabled. I only changed the second setting from wert_04 to wert_01.
SL stands for 'standlicht' (park light) and ABSCH means 'abschaltung' (turn off) as far as I can put together.

Thanks for the help.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 09:37 PM   #4
e90drvr
Private
United_States
Rep

I just ran across function descriptions for an E70 FRM2 and the following is listed as 'Check Control - Lights Left On Warning':
Code:
CC_MELD_LICHT_AN_WARNUNG
I double checked and I don't have it in my FRM but I found it in a backup of my buddy's FRM2. Then I checked my files and found the following:
Code:
LICHT_AN_WARNUNG
I think that might be it. I'll try it later tonight and post back here.

Link to FRM2 translation and allowed values

Last edited by e90drvr; 02-05-2013 at 09:41 PM.. Reason: added link to referenced material
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 03:04 AM   #5
e90drvr
Private
United_States
Rep

Success! I set LICHT_AN_WARNUNG ("light on warning") to nicht_aktiv and no more reminder that my lights are on. This should work for any light be it the FL or SL. Perfect.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 06:59 PM   #6
rich123321
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i E90

Garage List
2015 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90drvr View Post
Success! I set LICHT_AN_WARNUNG ("light on warning") to nicht_aktiv and no more reminder that my lights are on. This should work for any light be it the FL or SL. Perfect.
wait so you have coded the car so the parking lights will shut off after locking the car? And they will not run indefinitely? Which codes are necessary for this?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 07:27 PM   #7
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

What he coded is the warning on the cluster that the parking lights are on. I guess coding he didnt like the chime it gave to remind him the lights were on! Lol
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 07:50 PM   #8
e90drvr
Private
United_States
Rep

Sorry that it wasn't clear. (I'm refraining from just posting this guy: )

Here's what I did:

I coded my parking lights to stay on after everything else is off, that is, they stay on until I lock the car. The following code in the FRM enabled that:
Code:
COMFORT_ACCESS_LICHT
    aktiv
OPTIONEN_SL_ABSCH
    wert_01
Enabling that caused the KOMBI to alert me every time I opened the door after shut down that my lights were on. Since I set it that way, I didn't need it reminding me; the following code in the FRM disables the warning:
Code:
LICHT_AN_WARNUNG
    nicht_aktiv
On that note, can we make a plan to create a new code list? No offense to the author(s) but the current one on Google Docs kinda sucks. The information is very useful but the formatting and maintenance are not. On top of that, I've requested write access several times and have received no reply.
I'm going to put together a new one of the codes I've set which will include things like 'SL until lock' and 'SHD without KL15' (mine needed this set even though I haven't heard anyone else complain that their sunroof doesn't work after ignition off) and anything else that is missing. I think it'd be really great to compile all the information into an organized manner with some tabs or links maybe. It could also include translations and common vocabulary. Does anybody else see it this way, am I alone here or missing something?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 08:06 PM   #9
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

I see you have been a busy bee my friend with the coding
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 08:14 PM   #10
e90drvr
Private
United_States
Rep

I guess you could say that. I like cars, programming and all kinds of hacking anyway so it was almost fun. My German fluency help me along a bit as well.

Any interest in helping with the new list? Since I see that your "The Coding Guy" it seems appropriate to ask.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 08:22 PM   #11
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I guess you could say that. I like cars, programming and all kinds of hacking anyway so it was almost fun. My German fluency help me along a bit as well.

Any interest in helping with the new list? Since I see that your "The Coding Guy" it seems appropriate to ask.
Not good with list.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 08:58 PM   #12
e90drvr
Private
United_States
Rep

That's ok. Let me get started on it and I'll make an new topic when I have some progress.
Then maybe you can chime in, check my work and add some of your knowledge.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 03:47 PM   #13
4EST
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 320d LCI

looking forward to your list
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 04:41 PM   #14
mike1973
Private First Class
Portugal
Rep
Drives: E91

Quote:
Code:
COMFORT_ACCESS_LICHT
    aktiv
OPTIONEN_SL_ABSCH
    wert_01
What year build is your car? Do you have FRM2?

Can anyone inform whether these settings might work on a FRM1

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 01:34 AM   #15
e90drvr
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1973 View Post
What year build is your car? Do you have FRM2?

Can anyone inform whether these settings might work on a FRM1

Thanks
I have an FRM1. My production date is 09/05. See first sentence of first post.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 04:23 AM   #16
mike1973
Private First Class
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
I have an FRM1. My production date is 09/05. See first sentence of first post.

Just to see if I got you correctly:

- You have the light switch on Low beams (one click to the right from 0)
- Meaning angle eyes Only are on.
- You switch off the car, leaving the light switch on low beam and then when you exist your car you have the ringer alerting you to the light swith in on position.
- You get out, close the door (low beams still on) and lock the car via remote.
-The first coding you did then permits to switch off the low beams(lights) no matter what setting the switch is, correct via the remote lock car feature?
- The last piece of coding is just to remove the warning of the light switch on upon opening the door or leaving the car, correct?

Now a doubt, if the light switch is on the low beam setting when you lock the car, that means that when you unlock it the angel eyes come on?

If so, I believe you have found a walk around for us FRM1 guys that want welcome lights

Cheers

Last edited by mike1973; 02-11-2013 at 04:35 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 06:04 AM   #17
mike1973
Private First Class
Portugal
Rep

Not working on E91 2007

I did as the post, says. But to no avail.

The parking lights (mine has the xenon come on along with the angel eyes) stays on for the predefined time on the BC (for ex. 40s) and does not go off after locking the car on remote.

I did however find:
AUTOM_LICHT_ABSCHALTUNG
nicht_aktiv

which translates to automatice light shutdown. and was wondering if this could shut down the lights (in my case the angel eyes- low beam) after a certain time.

However I changed it to aktiv but again I waited and nothing.

Maybe the value has to be changed to something like wert_01 or other in order to get a timer fnction

Any ideas
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 11:08 AM   #18
e90drvr
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
- You have the light switch on Low beams (one click to the right from 0)
- Meaning angle eyes Only are on.
- You switch off the car, leaving the light switch on low beam and then when you exist your car you have the ringer alerting you to the light swith in on position.
- You get out, close the door (low beams still on) and lock the car via remote.
The parking lamps will only shut off automatically if the light switch is in the position AUTO or 2 (lights on). If it's on 0 or the lights weren't on when the car shut off, then the parking lights won't be on. If the switch is on pos. 1 then the parking lights will stay on indefinitely (or at least until the car goes to sleep after 16 mins or the battery gets to the engine starting limit, is my understanding).
Quote:
-The first coding you did then permits to switch off the low beams(lights) no matter what setting the switch is, correct via the remote lock car feature?
As I understand it, the first code enables the CA lighting, which includes the puddle lights after unlock, and changes when the SL (standlicht=parking lamp) is supposed to shut off. I assume wert_04 means with KL15 and wert_01 means upon locking.
Quote:
- The last piece of coding is just to remove the warning of the light switch on upon opening the door or leaving the car, correct?
Right. This disables the "lamp on warning" so that the KOMBI doesn't ding at you when the parking lights are still on.

Quote:
Now a doubt, if the light switch is on the low beam setting when you lock the car, that means that when you unlock it the angel eyes come on?
If so, I believe you have found a walk around for us FRM1 guys that want welcome lights
These settings don't enable the parking lights upon unlocking. On my car the puddle lights under the door handles are the only lights to active when I unlock (maybe interior lights too). And as far as I've found there is no way to change this without a) rewiring the lights you want on or b) replacing the FRM with NFRM.

Let me know if you have any more questions. I'm glad to help. Also, if you'd like to post your FRM trace I'd be happy to compare it to mine so that we can figure out the differences. When I changed this on mine I didn't have to change the COMFORT_ACCESS_LICHT setting probably because my car was setup with CA (I have the option).
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 12:26 PM   #19
mike1973
Private First Class
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
As I understand it, the first code enables the CA lighting, which includes the puddle lights after unlock, and changes when the SL (standlicht=parking lamp) is supposed to shut off. I assume wert_04 means with KL15 and wert_01 means upon locking.
Thanks for your reply, however I am not clearly understanding you when you say parking lights.

In my understanding and correct me if I'm wrong is that parking lights to me is the low beams (angel eyes in position 1), however I thing that you are referring to the feature when you pull on the BC stalk and it activates the lights (xenon and angel eyes) for a specific time (time that can be set in the BC menu under P setting).

Non the less I have the exact same coding, and the COMFORT_ACCESS_LICHT was also set to aktiv on mine, and it does not work (my parking lights - position 1 remain on upon locking)

Another question is what does KL15 mean you refer to it.

I would like to upload my FRM file but don't know how to

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 01:15 PM   #20
e90drvr
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
In my understanding and correct me if I'm wrong is that parking lights to me is the low beams (angel eyes in position 1), however I thing that you are referring to the feature when you pull on the BC stalk and it activates the lights (xenon and angel eyes) for a specific time (time that can be set in the BC menu under P setting).
The parking lights are the lights that come on when you have the switch in pos. 1, however, when the switch is in this position it won't allow the lights to turn off. it needs to be in auto or pos. 2 for the parking lights to turn off automatically. (parking lights on my car are the halos and the tail lights.)
Pulling the stalk activates the 'Coming Home Lights' or Heimleuchtung. This is not what I'm referring to, especially since the CHL include the xenons and the brake lights.

Quote:
Another question is what does KL15 mean you refer to it.
KL15 refers to Klemme 15 or Relay 15. It is the relay that is switched on when the key is in position 2 (ignition on) and turns off when the engine is stopped. KLR is the relay that is activated when the key is in position 1 (accessories on), this remains on when you shut the engine off (CC refers to it as 'Radio Mode').

Quote:
I would like to upload my FRM file but don't know how to
Use pastebin.com. Paste your TRC file into the website and paste a link to the bin here.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 03:24 PM   #21
mike1973
Private First Class
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
Use pastebin.com. Paste your TRC file into the website and paste a link to the bin here.

Hi again,

I have used pastebin to upload the txt and it can be found at:

HTML Code:
http://pastebin.com/hUVXeEiY
Can you have a look at it and possibly give some feedback,

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 06:20 PM   #22
e90drvr
Private
United_States
Rep

You haven't changed the following the codes:
Code:
OPTIONEN_SL_ABSCH
  wert_01 --> wert_04

--optional--
LICHT_AN_WARNUNG
  aktiv --> nicht_aktiv
After making changes confirm them by emptying your MAN file and reloading from the module.
Appreciate 0